› ›
The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

New item idea that opens exit gates faster

ChriskoChrisko Member Posts: 40

Does anyone think this would be a viable item?

There are perks that help fix gens faster and items (toolboxes) that repair gens faster. Interestingly, there are no items that open exit gates faster... With the EGC, an item like this would be worth considering.

Thoughts anyone?

Comments

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 4,622

Due to how seldom it would actually be useful, I dont really see a point in another item+ its addons to be poluting survivor bloodwebs. Typically the only time the speed of gate opening is a concern is if your the last survivor. Do you really want an item that is ONLY useful if your 3 teammates are dead? I imagine bringing that into a lobby would be the equivalent of telling your teammates that you have no hope for them, lol.

• PrettyFaceKatePrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 441

Buffing Wake Up would be more expedite, also because it's a really weak perk. The EGC is already countered by keys.

• AntiJellyAntiJelly Member Posts: 1,062

I think an item set that would make doors faster would be pretty cool. I think that if toolboxes got reworked to instead work on doors would be even cooler!

@Peanits @PrettyFaceKate

Wake Up is actually pretty underrated. Next to Bond, it's probably one of my favorite perks. It makes the difference between escaping and being sacrificed all the time, especially if you're the last survivor.

• PrettyFaceKatePrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 441

Honestly, Wake Up has never been enough to make a difference for me, unless I had Resilience/Spine Chill along with it. The exit gate spawns are just that terrible. Even if they're decently spaced apart, the killer just needs a good spot/s in between to gain line of sight.

For how situational Wake Up is, I feel a decent buff could be applied without any danger of causing imbalances.

• OutcastEricOutcastEric Member Posts: 25

Survivors don't need to do anything faster. They need to go slower if anything or add a side objective to opening the gates

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 1,788

I think it might be too powerful in scenarios with Spine Chill Resilience where you're injured with said item. That combination is super good and basically the equivalent to Wake uUp. Keep in mind the item would also need to have addons of which you could really only make them increase the speed or reveal them. That'd trump Wake Up. Also not sure I wanna see more items I won't want cluttering my bloodwebs. I already have enough I try to avoid that I keep getting.

• WitasWitas Member Posts: 253

But that's just because Wake Up! specifically is garbage, if an item that works with gates was implemented, people would use it, even if it was bad, since bringing in an item doesn't "cost" you anything, where as with perks you have only 4 slots and have to choose carefully. Perks could also work though, assuming such a perk would be worth the perk slot ... Well, it'd be work the perk slot and thus atleast somewhat used :P

That being said Im not a fan of this idea, opening gates is quick enough as is.

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 5,320

Dare I say it would still cost you something. I'm not one of the people who brings items myself, but it'd be a tough sell for someone who does over a toolbox or a medkit. A good medkit replaces the need to bring some sort of healing perk (or the need to find teammates, at the very least), for example.

• ChronoSethChronoSeth Member Posts: 11

No thanks, it pollutes survivor item pool and you have to hold it for the whole 5 gen or ECG. Which means your item would either be wasted since you died or it could have been a toolbox repairing generators.

• RuncoreRuncore Member Posts: 328

It pollutes only survivor item pool? Killers will be damaged much more. Exit gates have very low opening time and lower it more dramaticaly damage killers coz survivors will open gate in a blink of eye and killers will have no way to counter it. We all know about problematic gen speeds and if you raise speed of gates it will damage game balance. Exit gates should stay same + add regression to prevent 99% exit gates which serve only for toxic survivors that wait for killer and then teabegg him/her in safe zone.

• RuncoreRuncore Member Posts: 328
    edited January 15

It pollutes only survivor item pool? Killers will be damaged much more. Exit gates have very low opening time and lower it more dramaticaly damage killers coz survivors will open gate in a blink of eye and killers will have no way to counter it. We all know about problematic gen speeds and if you raise speed of gates it will damage game balance. Exit gates should stay same + add regression to prevent 99% exit gates which serve only for toxic survivors that wait for killer and then teabegg him/her in safe zone. if you want buff for surviviors you must suggest buff for killers as well to keep balance. You suggestion only favors survivors.

• Star99erStar99er Member Posts: 784

I think it’d be better to just buff Wake Up. It’s easily the least rewarding endgame perk. I think giving it an additional function and increasing the speed you open gates to 15/20/25% would be a much better option.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 1,425

Until its bugged and then everyone uses it 😂

• wichael_wyerswichael_wyers Member Posts: 121

Could be a cool offering then. Maybe an offering that can greatly increase the chance of them spawning on completely opposite sides?