Home Discussions General Discussions
We're currently investigating issues with frame rate on PS4 after the most recent update. Thank you to everyone for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience while we look into this

I’m a much happier Killer main ever since I changed the way I play matches.

Comments

• PereliePerelie Member Posts: 433

Should survivors also take up the approach of "Don't play to win"?

• VoodooChildVoodooChild Member Posts: 319
    edited January 17

Cuck by daylight lol

I kind of get what you mean man, I dont play to win most games because [BAD WORD] red ranks, but if they want to be toxic its over tho im not happy for them [BAD WORD] that. Had a 4 man SWF t bag and send me hate after I let them live because the same dude from my last game DCd after the game started, I guess he was deranking. So I got in their party, talked that [BAD WORD] and they got me in a custom game talking bout how theyre going to destroy me and [BAD WORD]. They brought all meta perks and those offerings to reduce hooks on the map. I didn't get a party invite after I got that 4k tho. T bagged every last one of them too, didn't even have t try I was [BAD WORD] with em lol

Anyway, its BaD wOrD but like you said man if youre going to play the game in the mindset of trying to win every game then youre not going to have any fun. I smoke, stab stab, tunnel a BaD wOrD if I need to and never try too hard because im not about that life.

Its a damn shame I got to read over every message to self censor because I know the mods will be on my ass if I dont, even tho its not my fault the [BAD WORD] dont work

• Shaai1Shaai1 Member Posts: 87

Same for me. Trying to win every game was pretty frustrating for me, messed with my head.

Now, I just mess around as a killer, smacking some survs from time to time, sometimes watching netflix while playing.

This way of playing is way more chill, even through i depip almost every game, who cares. Ranks don't mean anything.

• SL33PYSL33PY Member Posts: 71

This is me too, on PS4 I have every killer at level 50 and every killer teachable available so I play every killer and have multiple builds for each of them, I have my favs but I really enjoy playing them all. My top 5 would be clown, wraith, Michael, Freddy (even old Fred), Huntress, and old doctor (haven’t played new yet) not in any specific order. Thats six but o well. O and spirit since the day she came out. O and the plague

• TunnelVisionTunnelVision Member Posts: 863

I have the same attitude in all honesty. Stopped trying to win and play fair and just face camp with Bubba instead now days. So much more enjoyable!

• Infinity_BoredInfinity_Bored Member Posts: 416

So u started smoking weed, amiright?

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

Lmao are you the people that let their kids play sports without keeping points? Everybody is a winner. LUL

• mistar_zmistar_z Member Posts: 571
    edited January 17

why would i take the game seriously? the devs [BAD WORD] don't. 🤣 the maps and bhvr ticks me off more than any of the [BAD WORD] survivors and killers can pull off in my game. when i see a killer being toxic i just laugh because i'm trying to come up with reason as to what i did that could've pissed them off, if a survivor does it ive learned to just start being indifferent towards it, because they're just screwing their teams if they're on me instead of doing their objective.

• DecarcassorDecarcassor Member Posts: 448
    edited January 17

You can accept the game many issues and not let them get to your head. But that does not mean we should stop talking about them and asking for changes.

Because maybe its just me, but I don't feel "outplayed by better players" when I just want to play a killer I enjoy, despite knowing full well that they are not the best and get sent to an enormous map full of absurdly safe tiles back to back.

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,868

When you let all of that go, you get better at killer because you not only learn from mistakes, but you learn from skilled survivors.

• epyonepyon Member Posts: 78

Ahhahahhaahhaha I can't even....

So basically I have to play a competitive online game without any will/hope to win or improve. God forbid I get a 4K, then I'll be called a tryhard. Just run around in my small sandbox stabbing people occasionally, 10/10 esport material right here. Might as well introduce matches against bots cause that sounds like a waste of everyone's time.

Turn the other cheek, everyone's a winner attitude is perfect. Let's go everyone, start ignoring every single issue, devs would surely love that attitude. I mean who cares if the game has balance problems and bugs, it's not like we've paid for it....oh wait.. Great to see devs highly approving the "no-killer killer" stance, shows great potential for future updates.

• A_Can_Of_AirA_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 781
    edited January 17

A comment I’m seeing a lot of is “oh, so you’re just giving up and accepting the game for how horribly unbalanced it is so you’re giving in to the developers and letting bad balancing decisions go under the bridge?”

No, absolutely not. I am super well aware of the balancing issues going on in the game and I WILL voice my opinion on how I think the game could be improved, but I’m not going to sit here and be mad whenever things don’t go my way, especially when it’s out of my control. What’s the point in playing a game where you KNOW that you’re probably going to get mad, only for the chance that you’ll win and feel satisfied?

I still win matches, a lot actually. I’m consistently rank 1-2 and do pretty well on most killers. The only thing that has changed for me is that I no longer take losses seriously or personally. I don’t care if survivors are toxic because they don’t know me and more often than not their toxic behaviour catches up to them.

Its very sad to see people who think I’m just bowing down to the developers and accepting the game for the way it is without realising that the game still needs improvement.

I did not have as much fun with the game as I do now. The game no longer infuriates me when I lose, I accept that fact that you can’t win every game. I just don’t let the frustration of losing get to me anymore, it’s that simple. I do not at all agree that the imbalance of the game is acceptable.

• TinyEyedTimTinyEyedTim Member Posts: 4
    edited January 17

Yeah I probably stay at level 15 killer cause I'm always trying to have a fun match...but it is way more enjoyable. As a survivor I prefer the challenge and I accept being hooked when it happens. Unless if I get rebooked the moment of getting unhooked....but I guess I still have to accept it lol

• MikebrixMikebrix Member Posts: 14

Great post. I've been playing to have fun myself, complimenting survivors for good play. I do pick on players that don't save, heal, or they just hide with urban inv

• MringasaMringasa Member Posts: 652

Accepting your losses and learning from them is something many players cannot do. They blame everyone but themselves for their loss. They think they should win all the time because, reasons. The end result of getting an Achievement for clicking Start on a game...

I've always played like this. Relaxed, and happy for a "win", but relishing the chase, down, and hook even more. Getting outplayed means nothing, I just chalk it up as a learning experience and remember it for the next time. When I outplay someone, I get a nice little rush, but again that's just part of the game and it means nothing in the long run.

If I ever find myself getting angry at the game, developers, other players, or anyone other than myself for a misplay, I'll quit this game completely. As it is, I leave for a time then come back to it. There's so many good games out there that deserve my attention and sometimes you just need a little break so it doesn't consume you.

• celestialking24celestialking24 Member Posts: 22
    edited January 17

Wish I had that mentality. While I feel I have gotten better somewhat, I still tend to get extremely angry when I lose, as I am pretty competitive. One thing I have improved on though, is my approach to toxic survivors.

I used to get so angry when someone messaged me because I killed them or when they just wanted to be a jerk and rub in the fact that I lost. I'm on the PS4 console, so unfortunately it makes it harder to report players who get extremely foul in the PS4 chats. After having a toxic survivor literally say the most abhorrent things to me (and trust me, the things he said were beyond extreme), I shut the messages off.

Well, recently, I decided to turn it back on. Still getting hateful messages consistently, but I have discovered lately that I no longer get as mad as I used to. It's almost laughable at times even. My favorite is when I got called a derogatory word for a gay man because I closed the hatch and wouldn't let the last survivor escape through the exit gate. Oh, and if I remember correctly, he DC'd when I downed him.

Before, messages like that would get me furious, but now I find them hilarious and somewhat sad that someone could get that worked up over losing.

Sorry if I got off topic of the original post, but my point is that I wish I could approach winning/losing the way you seem to approach it or even the way I approach toxic messages these days. I know I'd have more fun if I stopped trying so hard and just focused on playing for fun more than to win.

• EZ5kEZ5k Member Posts: 233

Most people, myself included, can easily remember why bad mechanic design caused losses. This is the only game where I've actively seen Devs and Moderators allege the broken mechanics are fine and that you just got outplayed lmao. Doesn't happen every match but when it does, it's glaringly obvious people got carried by a mechanic rather than by actual skill, something DBD sorely lacks on one side of it's playerbase

Please don’t go ahead and make this post all about Behaviours balancing decisions. Opinions like these are literally destroying people’s faith in the game and the developers decisions.

Need I remind you and everyone else that BHVR have made huge changes to survivors consistently for the past year and a half or so, yet when they make a big change to the killer side of things, all hell sets loose. I may be a killer main but damn I feel sorry for survivors. They get constantly nerfed and everything is dandy yet when killers get touched the game is apparently dying.

It’s been stated multiple times why the Ruin nerf has happened and why it’s happened now and I accept that. I’ve played without Ruin for over two months and I can tell you that the game is still very much playable.

If killers expect easy wins and want things handed to them, if they want to sweat real hard and 4K every game, fine, you keep that mentality, but it’s not healthy.

Survivors are players too, they want to win the game just as bad as you do. I have faith in BHVR that with Ruin gone, they will be able to get to the core of the issue with the speed that games go by and balance it accordingly.

The idea that the devs are survivor sided is a myth, and yes, they did no doubt change Ruin for the benefit of the survivors. Is that biased? No, it’s not, but it looks like it is. While it mainly benefits survivors, it benefits killers in the long run. It doesn’t seem clear now, but it will be. In the meantime, the circle jerk of “Dbd iS dEaD” will continue while all of the sane people here can discuss things civilly.

• jinxykinzjinxykinz Member Posts: 48

The problem with game balance is trying to have a 2k be the center point. Sure, most games involve swf, but really it’s 4 players vs 1. Any given survivor should have a reasonable expectation of being the one to escape in 1 of 4 games, with a 3k being the average ending to a match.

• EZ5kEZ5k Member Posts: 233

Probably because they're the wrong changes to make. On a fundamental level, they've foolishly reversed the power roles on asymmetrical balance, and have trouble understanding why their game doesn't work out or why people get frustrated when what's supposed to be the power role is an absolute joke. Add in the massively imbalanced perks, and it's just fuel on the fire. People's lack of faith is from BHVR's own decisions more than some forum post.

The idea they're survivor sided isn't a myth at all, an objective analysis of the game's core as well as everything up to this point indicates they carry a heavy survivor bias, yet lack the self awareness to admit it. I've had the game for almost 3 years now, and while killer has slowly improved, it's still the equivalent of wanting to bash my head in every time they make a major change without addressing the core imbalance.

Answer me a simple question

Why, in a game that requires both sides to literally function, would the developers be survivor sided? Why? Any idiot could see that prioritising one side over the other would lead the game down a very steep slippery slope.

They’ve come forward and explained why they made the Ruin change and why they did it now, yet that’s not a good enough answer for people despite it being very logical.

• PoisonNPoisonN Member Posts: 624
    edited January 17

Touched a nerve did I?

First: don't tell me what I need to say because I have my opinion and I'm able to speak anytime I want it. Also, I'm not saying that you or anyone here needs to agree or having my point of view. I'm Just expressing how things are contradictory.