Home Technical Issues
We're currently investigating issues with frame rate on PS4 after the most recent update. Thank you to everyone for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience while we look into this

Odd freeze everytime i launch the game

Everytime i launch dbd everything run smoothly until something new appears on screen like the haste status effect, me getting hit by the killer, a gen that got ruin etc.

The lag only occurs the first time the effect load, after that the game will run smoothly again. Also, i don't know what it looks like from the point of view from the other players, but it seems like they see me teleporting if i try to move during the freeze (no idea how or why that happens).

Still, i want to know if something has an idea of what could cause this because it is still very frustrating to loose games just because you have a 10sec freeze just before you hit a survivor.

(PC version btw)

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 3,975

What are your system specs like? Have to check things like that. Also are you using wired or wireless?

• ElSantoPotatoElSantoPotato Member Posts: 2

Windows 10 64 bits (latest version), Intel core i7-6700, 16GB RAM DDR4, Nvidia ASUS GTX 1060 6GB, SSD 256GB (game is installed on a 1TB HDD)

I'm using wired connection.

Just saying that this glitch didn't happen to me in the past. I remember it started a bit after the freddy rework update, but i can't tell exaclty when.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 3,975

That's really odd. You SHOULD be completely fine with those specs, so i'm stumped.

Okay, if you have a second monitor, open up task manager and keep it running while you play. Let's see if there's any random usage spikes (CPU/GPU/Network) while you're playing and try to isolate the problem. :)