Home Discussions General Discussions

I understand why you put Dedicated Servers on console

But please take them down, it has been most unpleasant playing with them. The amount of times I’ve been hit where it wouldn’t have been possible on p2p is just unbelievable. I would like to say to all of you PC players I’m sorry you have to endure them.

Comments

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,137

A bit melodramatic..so far the servers were a major plus over p2p..honestly

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 6,220

This is one reason I kinda chuckled each time I saw console players saying they WANT the servers, while PC players have already experienced the issues they haven't ironed out yet. At least they're improving... Was REALLY bad when they first were introduced.

• MistikusMistikus Member Posts: 633

can't say pc players didn't worn you about them

• bobcat946732bobcat946732 Member Posts: 700

From someone who normally had 150+ ping on p2p to 60 or less guaranteed, I disagree. I love the servers and I'm super happy they're on console. Can't tell you the amount of times I assumed I was dead because of bs window hits and I hear the clink instead.

It definitely matters where you live to have a good connection but I have no complaints with mine. ^_^

• Adriang14Adriang14 Member Posts: 244

Well if I can’t get any use out of them, I’m glad they’re working good for you!

Those numbers are Abit misleading. While your seeing your connection to the servers, other ppls connection that your not seeing a number for can also affect you.

• WeckWeck Member Posts: 3,315

Servers are better than p2p to me personally.

We would need to learn how many people are better or worse off with the servers before taking them down.

For me it's hit or miss. I've lost alot of chases due to being rubberbanded back into another room... Also been stuck bent over trying to pick someone up while survivors are running around me.

• Divine_ConfettiDivine_Confetti Member Posts: 1,622

@bobcat946732 This. A general rule of thumb is to assume that the ping you're seeing should be doubled if you were to compare it to the old P2P system, though that's not entirely accurate either.

Personally the servers have been a hit or miss for me, mostly a miss. I've taken some exceptionally sketchy hits but on the flip side I haven't seen any rubber banding which wasn't uncommon before (although a long time ago that wasn't even a thing, it was getting worse and worse over time like the frame stutters, which do still exist...thanks event system). I would've rather had the regional matchmaking improved and the rubber banding fixed than a complete network change.

I don't really think dedicated servers will ever feel right for a game that's based so heavily around close range movement-based interactions. I'd rather lobby dodge certain P2P ping ranges than deal with BS hits that I can't predict because I only know that my connection to the server is good.

• xChrisxxChrisx Member Posts: 917

Hitboxes are broken, is not the server

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 2,494

I was never looking forward to dedicated servers making it to console...

There have been matches as killer where I could tell the survivors were getting screwed hard by the servers. Even if I were playing for real, I think I'd have felt bad for them and pulled back.

However, every time it stops my grab mid-animation and the survivor runs off unharmed I find myself reconsidering my life choices.