Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

Freddy Nerf when?

2»

Comments

• TheNHK32TheNHK32 Member Posts: 30
    edited January 2020

Absolutely freddy does not need a nerf he needs a TRUE rework (which means more abilities) he is the "dream demon" in the movies he does crazy [BAD WORD] the possibilities with him are endless.

Im not R1 survivor yet but i would be sick and tired of billy every game, spirit almost every game, filled in by nurse. It would be disgustingly boring when there are so many killers in the game when you only ever see three, and since the spirit and nurse nerf the lack of variety looks even worse, its just billy, boosted apes who get stomped, or twitch streamers doing gimmick builds. Im happy there is now another viable killer in highranks to spice it up, in no way should he be nerfed. They should give him more abilities and should give other killers buffs with added skillcaps to spice up the same boring rank one games with billy, nurse, spirit. Nuff said

• kurgan8282kurgan8282 Member Posts: 260

why not trying to learn to play better,instead?

Freddy got nerfed already,like most of the killers abilities...

what you guys want? be 100% sure that killers can't kill?

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 3,007
    edited January 2020

#survsbad

Jokes aside I tend to agree with this. It seems the Devs favor survivors fun far more often then Killers anymore. They don't even try to hide it anymore unfortunately.

I mean it's not like it helped them or anything significant. Not like it helped get people off gens or made Map RNG more bearable. Nor did it make weaker killers more viable.

I guess people don't want variety they want the same 2 killers every game for most of them.

• SaitamfedSaitamfed Member Posts: 1,336
    edited January 2020

NO! Ruin was a bandaid for many killer problems. Don't you agree? How can you buff something if you don't know what exactly the problem is? Besides the devs wants 2 kills and 2 escape so yes, for them it is overperforming having 3 kills constantly, yet people used ruin...

DbD comunnity "we use ruin because killers are so weak"

BHVR: Having 3K's almost every match is not the definition of weak precisely.

So, at the moment ruin won't be a bandaid, then killers will have 1 kills or 2 at most then BHVR will say "1 K every match? Well it's underperforming"

So yes, the change might not be fun because you will have 1k constantly but right now BHVR will see if : Killers are underperforming and need buffs or killer players were reliant too much in an hex to do their work and the killers doesn't need buffs?

Your not wrong, but your not right. Ruin was orginally used for the map RNG and to get a few hooks before the first gen. There was a time Ruin was not popular. It was popular streamers saying "you need Ruin as killer to win".

Then the pip system changed the red rank emblems for killer basically require you to get 4 kills which is quite contradictory to the Dev's idea of balance. So when this happened Ruin was becoming popular, but then exploded onto the scene of every game.

So while a lot of people who didn't need Ruin won't suffer any additional issues from the nerf. The new players who are say around rank 10 just making there way to red ranks first time where Survivors start to understand the game better will actually suffer. All this will do is create a artificial gap in Killer difficulty.

Without Balacing Maps as well they will eventually need to rework every killer yet again. When maps becomes "balanced and moderately sized" On a large map a Killer without map pressure can lose a gen just by walking to it, but at the same time the Devs go "this is your fault as killer for not pressuring Gens" how do you pressure a gen you couldn't physically get to in time at spawn?

Also speaking of the balance of 2k that's a horrible idea. At high ranks that effectively means you have weakened every killer. Meaning while survivors remain the same in terms of power. Killers have been forcibly weakened. What are the Dev's planning to do? Make it so only 2 survivors are allowed to leave at the end? First come first serve? One Survivor per Exit gate? Otherwise it's unbalanced.

Seriously though if they had Balanced it between 2.7 and 3.2 for Kill averages with Balanced Maps. It means a killer who performs wells is likely to get a 3k or even 4k, but with a perfect average of a 2k it means at best with the same level of skill vs the same survivors they will only get a 2k unless the group screws up significantly. At this point why would you play killer knowing that you have been forced this artificial barrier?

This is all debating at high ranks, but the Devs want to focus on low ranks for new players. So what if the balanced of killers will be for low rank only of 2k. Imagine how much the killers will need to be weakened.

• Eye66Eye66 Member Posts: 782

Forever freddy doesn't even work, they still pounded gens out really fast before that totally unneeded addon nerf

That is EXACTLY what survivors want and all of these stupid "NeRF KilLeR!!" posts prove it daily

"On a large map a Killer without map pressure can lose a gen just by walking to it, but at the same time the Devs go "this is your fault as killer for not pressuring Gens" how do you pressure a gen you couldn't physically get to in time at spawn?"

That's 70% of the problem and survivors just dismiss it as "lol just don't be trash", it's the most annoying part of the debate since most killers just lose if they walk to the wrong gen first

Those stats are crap and counts dcs as kills, the devs themselves said to ignore them

Survivors Mains or the People who play Survivor, but do dailies as Killer would understand if they played any real time as Killer or Killer above rank 10.

My friend plans to run Ebony Mori's for the first few weeks and whenever a survivor complains he will just go "man I love 3 minute games where nothing you do matters because the games over before you do anything. Dont worry Dev's will nerf something else too"

• AnnoyedAtTheGameAnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

I'm hoping freddy gets nerfed soon. I don't think I've won one match against em yet. He's so over powering to go up against and not even fun when in the same lobby.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,298

Freddy is easy to counter, if he places a snare get away from the loop, his snares punish you for being around the location too long.

If you wanna counter him the best, stay awake at all times, if you fall asleep during the chase you need to get out of the chase as fast as possible to prevent his true power from taking you down

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 762

I don’t understand why everyone whines about a Freddy nerf when I NEVER go against him. I’m rank 1 on PS4 and haven’t seen one Freddy in the last couple days (even before the update). He’s a rare killer to encounter in the red ranks, I’m always seeing Huntress and Billy.

• jokerdude23_jokerdude23_ Member Posts: 103

GF Doesn't deserve a nerf, the underperforming killers need buffs

• RespectfulnancymainRespectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

Have you seen the fourms? Survivors arnt allowed to complain if they do there entitled crybabies. But killers can complain without getting insulted.

#Stop being bias

• FearedbytheGodsFearedbytheGods Member Posts: 476

It's almost like you haven't played since release, not seen the adaption that survivors have made, and not seen the trajectory of the game.

It's almost like your part of the bubble, that is this forum, and the echo room that killers have created.

I'll leave this here:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/106566/stats-november-2019

I know you'll find a way to splutter past it, but do not the 70% kills that killers have.

But I guess you want it even easier?

• Reborn2020Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

Find me a single thread explaining how to play against him? Community doesnt want his nerf but they cant as well tell how to counter him.

• crixus006crixus006 Member Posts: 360

Freddy is ok, he needs to hit you two times to hook you, what do you want that killer hit you 3 o 4 times to hook you???

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 4,511

Yeah, I really enjoyed watching them unhook someone and run to an exit gate in front of me because it was all done in under 7 seconds...