Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Why do people get so agitated when stunned with Head On?

Comments

• Getya_MadGetya_Mad Member Posts: 27

Do you like being slugged? It's the same thing.

• MooxMoox Member Posts: 40

Are you saying being slugged for (20-60 secs) = being stunned for 3 seconds?

• BongRips4WraithBongRips4Wraith Member Posts: 45
    edited January 18

Sitting on the hook and getting tunneled/slugged right off hook is a 5+ minute stun but I guess that's okay on these forums.

I don't mind Head On at all, sure, the occasional team might coordinate at shack which gives the survivor a free loop/escape but you have to remember that when they do this its half the team not progressing the game.

When its not coordinated, they either get a sneaky stun out, or make it too obvious and you can bait them out for an easy hit/grab. There's so many situational and agonizing perks in the game people deal with I don't mind when someone else gets to have fun with theirs. Also, the stun timer is pitiful, often times people get so excited when they get it off they run into a dead zone to make the most distance they can and I get a free hit.

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 386

I’m not sure haha! Just didn’t wanna assume everyone’s goal was to be toxic. Maybe when trying to heal with inner strength but you just don’t have the time?

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 2,835

My current build is Q&Q, Inner Strength, Head On, and Spine Chill. The first three combo great. They help you slip away and heal up.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 2,874

They’re probably thinking that it could be a Head On bully squad. One Head On Survivor can be really annoying, so I can understand not wanting to face a coordinated 4-man SWF that are all running the perk. It gets worse if they’re running a full locker build.

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 1,887

Obviously another double standards thread from killers. Forum is full of crybabies, cause i never had any killer in game complain about Head On.

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 2,318

I hate it because of how unavoidable it is. I can know you have Head On, I can know which locker you're in, but my options are still 'hand you a free escape from the chase' or 'get stunned.' Trying to dodge it is incredibly inconsistent when servers can stun you from miles away, and grabs nearly never work.

Added onto that is when there's 2+ lockers and I'm already wasting a lot of time just finding the one you're in.

• korean_zombiekorean_zombie Member Posts: 347

I've DC'd from Head On before. Yamoaka. SWF's blending into every patch of grass. I was literally swing at clumps of grass near gens after 3 minutes of nothing happening. Hit a survivor, chase, first locker was a head on stun from their teammate. I'm not sticking around for super immerse, super douchey SWF. No fun was being had in that game at all.

• HopesfallHopesfall Member Posts: 365

because it serves no purpose other than to troll and irritate the killer

how is that not obvious?

• HopesfallHopesfall Member Posts: 365

who is going to waste a perk slot to help them avoid being trolled?

really.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,512

For killers, getting stunned in place (or flashlight blinds) and not being able to control your character is extremely frustrating. That’s why DS, pallet stuns, Head On, and flashlights are detested by most killers.

Head On is an extremely mediocre perk. You’re using a perk slot (an exhaustion perk at that) for a chance of stunning the killer.

It’s used by some SWF groups to get chain stuns on the killer which is very annoying. It’s not even them trying to win the match but just to annoying the killer. The perk is very troll inducing.

I personally don’t have an issue with it. If I get hit with Head On that means I know the survivor’s location and they’ve used up their exhaustion. Once you know they have Head On, it becomes very easy to bait it.

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 1,887

Unavoidable... don't make me laugh. Its not that Hard to bait and it isnt anyway that consistent for survivors, cause servers priority is killer actions.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 2,835

Uhh what? It's easy to avoid. It can be baited as soon as you know they have it. Add to that it still works inconsistently at best.

@Hopesfall or it's just a ridiculous perk that's fun to try and make work.

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,611

It's so situational and grasp saves with it are so rare and telegraphed that I can't take anyone who gets mad because of it seriously.

• whammigobambamwhammigobambam Member Posts: 494

Just look at the ridiculous punching bag Jason was turned into in Friday the 13th the game. What a [BAD WORD] show that was. If anyone was armed with the knowledge that Tommy Jarvis had Jason's mask off in two hits you might as well leave the game there as well. I'm not a fan of head on because as it stands without head-on most of the killers are not feared. With head-on going off and ds with bt and inner strength you'll wonder why the killer never even came your way the whole time.

• joker7997joker7997 Member Posts: 899

If you're dumb enough to head on me, go for it, doesnt upset me in the slightest

• Boaris030Boaris030 Member Posts: 99

Head on wouldn't cause me to DC but it definitely does annoy me, if I'm doing well in the match I go right after the person who did it to me.

• karlofflugosikarlofflugosi Member Posts: 57

Fun? Fun does not live in this house, lol!

• picigu9picigu9 Member Posts: 50

Bruh. People are saying it's op. Just play as clown.

-This post was made by clown gang

• KrystressKrystress Member Posts: 52

Never had a problem from a killer and I use head on all the time.

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 2,388

Nobody likes getting stunned, plus, its the favorite perk of some SWF bullies.

• HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 3,403

I don't mind head on. Since most of the times it's used for memes and just a wasted perk slot and exhausted status effect for survivors who don't use it properly

• ASAPTurtleASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Don't know, people really need to fix their behavior because some way people act in game and out of game is terrible

• mylesmylomylesmylo Member Posts: 230

Head on only annoys me as killer when survivor has no actual reason to use it, other then to be an annoying bum lol but I wouldn't dc over it.

• DeadByMemelightDeadByMemelight Member Posts: 51

Assuming some level of competence, and varying depending on the tiles, a head-on stun is never just 3 seconds wasted.

• siren_sorceresssiren_sorceress Member Posts: 132

To avoid being trolled? You mean stunned? I use it effectively all the time. It's not just to troll. Sometimes I'll stun the killer as they are looping another surv. Iron maiden is pretty good and I expect to see it more often as killers are seeing head on and inner strength more and more. I use closets to stun, heal and quick n quiet juke. Iron maiden is my kryptonite now lol.

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 6,261

I've never understood it either. It arguably does the least of any exhaustion perk (unless you manage to save someone with it). If they want to use that and stun me instead of using a perk like Dead Hard which could greatly extend a chase, I can't get mad about that. I just laugh it off and catch back up a few seconds later.