The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Eye for an eye, and perk for a perk

Since the very fair reasoning behind the remo- wait, sorry, rework for ruin was "fun" let's address another perk that can receive the same threatment.

Dead hard. Why? Personally I find dead hard very frustrating to go against, and you know that moment, that moment when you are about to smack in the ass the survivor that abus-, wait, sorry again, made great use of some very fair loops, and gets either another run or escapes and gens are done in mean time. And I am not the only killers that finds this perk that fun to go against.

Speaking of how over powered is, it is not that big of a deal to be totally honnest, but it is totally UNFUN to go against, and since that seems to be a rational and good reason for something that is quite important to use, I suggest remo-, crap not again, reworking dead hard. Rework ideas? I don't know, something to make it equally as good and viable as HEX, saying it out loud, HEX, Ruin is. Maybe when you activate instead of dashing forward and have that immunity frame you could I don't know, do a mario type of leap but for a short distance in the air. Or make it so it is 1-time use/game. Or make it so you do a Michael Jackson type of spin. Something to be in line of how ruin is going.

Thank you.

Comments

• Snow_LepSnow_Lep Member Posts: 220
    edited January 19

You are aware how busted Dead Hard is right?

Unless using it to make it to the next loop and get that tiny extra needed distance, you will still get hit 99% of the time. The perk doesn't dodge hits, there is footage from streamers, content creators, and anyone who just records gameplay where you get exhausted from using it and still get downed because it doesn't work properly.

Honestly, I don't believe that Dead Hard ever had the intention of being used for dodging hits when it was first made. Many people used Dead Hard for the distance even before servers made it hard to use.

Tips for Dead Hard; wait on it, force them to use it by getting close then just closing the tiny distance. Or swing earlier so it takes them by surprise.

The game absolutely doesn't need to nerf a perk that the servers already have nerfed. Just because you haven't learned how to outplay it and use perks other than ruin to force pressure on the map doesn't mean we need to rework every "OP" survivor perk in the game.

Oh just to clarify here. I'm technically a killer main but my games are about 60% killer and 40% survivor. This isn't some biased survivor talking about keeping a perk.

• ReallyBigShoeReallyBigShoe Member Posts: 764

Okay, so not dead hard. How about DS then? Or adrenaline? :)

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 298
  • ReallyBigShoeReallyBigShoe Member Posts: 764
    edited January 19

I think DS should have conditions. Like, its not active after you've unhooked someone, if you're grabbed, or if you take a protection hit.

Adrenaline should either heal you or give you a sprint burst. Not both.

• raulblideranraulblideran Member Posts: 81

yeah cause nerfing/reworking [BAD WORD] when is killer for stupid reasons sided is fair

• raulblideranraulblideran Member Posts: 81

Didn't call it OP, i called it unfun. Its unfun when it is used properly to get that tiny gap to escape so you can go to the next loop. Happens a lot of times at red/purple ranks survivors.

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 4,731

It's on the same level as sprint burst. If you really hate it that much bait it out or use one shots.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 1,549

It depends on what killer I'm on. With most killers it's just like "Oh, you made a mistake or got mindgamed, press E and we can do it again." With Nurse though, it's beyond frustrating to deal with. It often takes survivors from guaranteed downs to LOS breaks where you have to guess. You do everything right, they press E, and you go into fatigue and cooldown.

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 4,731

Dead hard isn't best used for covering up mistakes. In fact, forcing survivors to use dead hard from a mistake is a great way to shorten chases.

• PrettyFaceKatePrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 441

Dead Hard is one of the easiest exhaustion perks to counter, except for Nurse who requires some finesse for that. If the survivor uses it effectively to make distance, then it's a skillful interaction because they need to have their pathing down to a T, otherwise all that DH does is to buy a total of 3 extra seconds before getting downed.

• PokPok Member Posts: 85

"EYE FOR AN EYE, AND PERK FOR A PERK"

Don't try to turn this into a war, the community is already enough toxic as it is..

And Dead Hard is the hardest exhaustion perk to use, very easy to counter, will make a difference only if the timing is perfect.

• MrsGhostfaceMrsGhostface Member Posts: 282

From my experience, in most games on PS4 3/4 of the survivors in the lobby are running Dead Hard. I don’t even see decisive strike much anymore. I see people use it not even to dodge hits, but to get to a pallet before the killer does. Makes chases last sooo much longer which is horrible with this ruin rework coming. I’ve been playing more survivor lately so it doesn’t effect me too much but when I’m a killer it’s frustrating.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 13,767

“An eye for an eye makes the whole world go blind”

A perk for a perk makes the game get bland.

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 715

Comparing Ruin with Dead Hard. WTF? Are you serious? There is nothing to compare at all.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 983

Dead Hard is simply the most usable exhaustion perk. Is isn't map reliant, unlike Balanced or Lithe and you have control over it, unlike Sprint Burst.

Ruin literally ruined games. Especially in lower ranks. It needed a change, but I think that this current itteration is the wrong one.

• Snow_LepSnow_Lep Member Posts: 220

And majority of survivors call Moris, Noed, *insert all killer perks* unfun.

Its in the game

• ImmortalReaverImmortalReaver Member Posts: 224

Dead Hard is very easy to see coming the vast majority of the time. Always assume that they have it, don't swing too early, and remember who has it if they use it. Just get good.

• PoisonNPoisonN Member Posts: 624

I wish I had Dead Hard for killers. Like, go ahead and make a mistake. This perk will save you and gain time