Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

Decisive Strike Change When?

When is this perk going to be fixed? It is intended as a defensive perk for survivors when a killer tunnels them. As such, it is essentially an ''anti-tunnel'' perk yet it benefits the survivor even outside this context.

I propose these changes for the perk, in order to ensure it stays in the role of ''anti-tunnel'' and not ''anti-momentum'' or 60 seconds of invincibility:

1) Decisive Strike immediately deactivates upon another survivor being hooked. The killer directly chasing, downing and hooking another survivor (even if it's within a minute) is not considered ''tunnelling'' and thus, DS should deactivate.

2) As a defensive perk, it should allow a survivor a chance to escape and regain their bearings (i.e escape, heal). As such, any aggressive actions such as: unhooking other survivors, repairing generators, or stunning the killer immediately deactivate the perk.

3) Should a survivor hide inside a locker and be picked up, Decisive Strike's effectiveness will be weakened by 50% (to 2.5 seconds of stun). As this strategy ensures a stun, it is reasonable for the strength of the strategy to be weakened.

Thoughts? I'm pretty adamant on the first two being absolute. Perhaps the third one is negotiable... but then again hiding inside a locker with no counter play isn't entirely fair.

Comments

• OtakuFreakOtakuFreak Member Posts: 206

Right, because it is fair for a survivor to have 60 seconds of invincibility, yes? It seems giving survivors a broken perk to abuse seems to be your goal.

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

No look at my thread about survivor nerfs. I found a way to make DS more interactive and less annoying.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 9,285

Just make it deactivate on hooking a different survivor and that should be fine.

• BigTimeGamerBigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

it should deactivate if someone else is hooked, its that simple

i play surv and killer at reds so im not some "bias kiler main >:("

• sluc16sluc16 Member Posts: 324

DS is fine as it is

• bilauetabilaueta Member Posts: 341

Watch out! He is going to refer to ruin generalizing you as a killer main even though ruin was never mentioned before!

• 28_stabs28_stabs Member Posts: 1,474
    edited January 2020

Fair thoughts. I cant ignore DS abusers who protect unhookers (BT+DS) or do generators in open, because they have DS, lol.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 4,728

@OtakuFreak

Sure, that's why I play against red rank killers who know how to properly counter it.

Here is the direct quote from a dev: " The 60 seconds does allow for enough time to find a killer after being unhooked, but I believe it will come down to a smart strategy in that case."

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

@OtakuFreak I agree it does suck when the killer is punished despite not tunneling, or not having the intention of tunneling but the survivor throws it in the killers face.

I do hope there’s a good compromise one day. I don’t think the “hook someone else deactivates it” is the answer for the reasons I mentioned but I do hope some compromise is found.

I can’t see this perk being changed for a long time though, if ever. It took them over 2 years to find a replacement they were happy with, I very much doubt anyone will be wanting to change it any time soon.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 4,728
    edited January 2020

@OtakuFreak

Slug. You have an unlimited amount...AND if you don't tunnel, you won't be dealing with 60 seconds, you will be dealing with a shorter timer, so if you slug it won't be for 60 seconds.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 3,581

I saw this idea from some topic in this forum:

• 60sec DS trigger countdown after hooked (can even extend longer to 100sec)
    • Start anything will reset countdown to 0 (even start self healing also reset)
    • Fully healed by other survivor reset countdown to 0 (this will make DS player prefer to have another survivor heal them over self heal)
    • Another survivor hooked will reset countdown to 0 (incase you're dying with DS, Killer has to go hook another survivor so he can reset your DS )
    • DS doesnt active when u're the last Survivor in trial

I feel there is no counter DS, because you know, either tunneling or unintended, the point of you chase that Survivor after they're just unhooked.

The only way is to limit Survivor action while extend the countdown longer. It will punish tunneler, and its Survivor's decision to reset their DS (do nothing to keep DS active)

• ermsyermsy Member Posts: 549

I agree with points 1 and 2 for nerfing DS. I disagree with point 3 as if points 1 and 2 were in effect, that would mean the killer is tunnelling and the survivor should not be punished for making a defensive play like going in to the locker.

But if these changes did happen I think DS should also get a buff and not be a one time use. It would make the perk very strong but also fair.

• TraitorousLeopardTraitorousLeopard Member Posts: 156

I definitely agree DS needs some changes, but...

As other people have pointed out, removing DS when another survivor is hooked just gives the killer the ability to just down and slug the person who was just unhooked, then return after hooking the other person who did the save. I think a good caveat would be that if another survivor is hooked while you're not in the dying state, it goes away, but the timer is still active if they're hooked while the DS survivor is slugged.

Also, the idea that stunning the killer is an "aggressive action" is kind of ridiculous. Are you expecting the people you're chasing to not drop pallets? Or if they're running Head On to not use it? The unhooked person trying to get away and them stunning you are in no way mutually exclusive.

The only part where I think you don't go far enough is lockers. Jumping into a locker while DS is up is literally just rubbing your protection in the Killer's face; it's taking something that should be a reward for the killer, a grab, and turning it into a huge penalty if DS is up. Lockers are the worst because they force a grab, but honestly I think any grab, from vaults, gens, unhooking, etc. should not trigger DS. This would work in the spirit of punishing "aggressive actions" while DS is up.