The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Where did all the Spirits go?

Comments

• Polychrome_BakuPolychrome_Baku Member Posts: 329

Petition to delete Quentin from the game. Freddy should have been a standalone killer chapter since nobody likes that sleep deprived goblin anyways.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 1,633

Why are we trying to make a narrative just because YOU don't see Spirits in your games.

I see plenty of Spirits every single day.

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 1,448
    edited January 19

They all went 'wee wee wee all the way home' when their mischievous prayer beads got swiped.

• csandman1977csandman1977 Member Posts: 770

So to all the people who don't know, when spirit uses her power she can't see you, or scratchmarks. She relies on sound which is busted.

Complete generators when the skill check wheel doesn't pop up. Same thing

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 6,419

Her lunge is bugged. Sounds are bugged. Both of these hurt her WAY more than the actual changes to her kit.

Trust me, she is still easily one of the top 3 killers. I've been bodying survivors with her, but it's frustrating to deal with the bugs so I don't play her as often.

Spirit has some of the best add-ons. Literally any combination of her green add-ons are amazing. You don't need any purple or pink add-ons except for specific builds (with the exception of Saya which is probably her absolute best add-on right now).

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,059

I usually stick with brown, yellow, and green add-ons. Sometimes I use no add-ons.

Saya and the Katana Tsuba are very powerful. I call it “Fruit Ninja Spirit”. I love the Saya...ya know if she had a lunge :(

I never use pink add-ons. They’re not great IMO.

The Amulet is still powerful. Pair it with green duration and you can phase for an extremely long time

MDR is insanely strong but only really necessary on larger maps.

Father's Glasses is a good anti-stealth add-on. It's very hard to hide from a Spirit with this add-on.

I'm still not sold on Amulet. I'd rather get around faster than have more phase.

Cherry Blossom is low key OP against good loopers. You won't even need to use your power, just do a little shimmy and go for a swing. They won't be able to track you very well.

Her yellow/brown add-ons are good too yes. I tend to go with green just because I play without Ruin or aura perks, so I need the extra power. If I switch to a basic build with like BBQ and Ruin or something I'll use brown add-ons.

• WRussoWWRussoW Member Posts: 161

Sound bugs + Post-Phase speedboost bug. It's kinda a reason to take a break from the Spirit and play the other killers until the next patch.

• SteelDragonSteelDragon Member Posts: 745

sound bug #1082 taking months to fix

but hay that survivor basement visual bug got fixed in a week

really shows you how low priority killer bugs are

• ColgateAdvancedWhiteColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 606

It became harder to do the 4k0c challenge

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 1,473

So since billy is so ez to 4k with... why didn't you accept the challenge and upload the videos that another forum user posted earlier?

• S_PandaS_Panda Member Posts: 539
    edited January 20

Parroting what everyone else said, post phase lunge means you have to wait a second to attack a survivor if you didn't land directly on them giving the dead hard value a bit more if they aren't on the ball. Add on that as soon as you walk behind a small wall all of your sounds vanish unless you're a generator.

I happened to have her 4 hit daily tonight and got azarov's resting place. A survivor's footsteps completely vanished in this example: think one of the window-gyms that the window is on the L. A survivor went around a small square that is basically next to one of the L ends and her footsteps vanished meanwhile I'm still a 4.4 so I have to play the guessing game even when I'm not phasing.

• mylesmylomylesmylo Member Posts: 142

Because you see her go through the window now, so she has been totally nerfed into the ground. 😂 I don't know, I for one like not having my matches end in 2 minutes which always happens against spirit with new because I suck against her lol

• big_fellasbig_fellas Member Posts: 245

Spirit is currently bugged so that's why not as many people are playing as her. On the other hand a lot of Spirits dropped off after her "nerf". I imagine a lot of Spirit gamers relied heavily on add ons so they stopped playing her even though she's still basically the same.

• cipherbay_cipherbay_ Member Posts: 250

How about you ask the crowd and good for you for seeing Spirits? Too bad your the only one who has

• KrazyAce13KrazyAce13 Member Posts: 226

such a bs post, it is the sound issues fortnite is looking for their bots...

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 2,189

The sounds are still hot garbage and her post phase lunge bug hasn’t been fixed yet.

yeah love how people wanna put that toxic [BAD WORD] tone to their posts they needed addons to do good um no when the audio makesa downed survivor sound right next to you when 20m out yeah its not fun to play any killer with the sound issues.

• CalabrumCalabrum Member Posts: 79

Simple fix for people having issues with sounds as Spirit (Spirit Main btw). Just get a hit and follow the blood. I track survivors via blood now, not sound. It's very effective with sloppy, bloodhound, nurses, stridor, bbq, whispers, and others. Just take the green sword add-on, and a speed boost during phase add-on. Or take father's glasses if you have em. They work well with mother-daughter ring.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 2,120

I actually don't like vaulting as Spirit because I know how stupid it looks. It's embarrassing. I feel embarrassed for her.

edited January 21

Guess you assume I’m talking down to people who used the old Saya and Amulet or Prayer Beads and thought they were good at Spirit. Wake up call, it didn’t make anyone good at the killer.

It’s the same people who ran Omega Blink Nurse and Instant Saw Billy every round and thought they were legends with the killer then when they ran brown and yellow add-ons they got stomped.

You can run whatever you want. That’s fine. Just don’t claim you’re good at the killer when running their best add-ons.

By the way...the add-ons were nerfed during the same patch that sound became bugged.

Yeah it’s frustrating to have sounds break. It is stupid how they break every patch. That’s why I have avoided Spirit.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 933

My assumption is that there weren't that many Spirit players to begin with. You just had entitled survivors who didn't like learning how to counter her, and thus flooded the forums with their salt. Now that Spirit had their nerf, they moved on, first to Freddy, and now, apparently, Billy.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 1,633
  • edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 1,545

Not sure, to be honest. She's far and away the best killer in the game in my opinion. I picked her back up in the last two days after barely playing her for 5 months (previous main). She's still beyond dominant. But I have an extremely good headset that allows me to hear survivors breath uninjured behind a tree. She has very little counterplay if the Spirit player is top tier with top tier headphones. I end chases just as quick against Iron Will as I do without. Maybe people were overly reliant on her collision or add ons. Who knows

It’s something Spirit has that other killers don’t...lack of reliable counterplay. It’s a guessing game. She’s frustrating to go against because you lost a guessing game. Oops, you guessed wrong. Now you’re dead.

I still play her effectively but I avoid her more than I used to because sounds are bugged. I hate not hearing sounds. I also run Stridor so one chase the survivors sounds as they should with Stridor. The next chase they sound slightly quieter as if they have Iron Will 1 or 2. Then the next chase they have zero sounds and no footsteps. The different volumes of sounds messes with my tracking. It’s just not worth the hassle when she could be so much better without the bugs.

She can be beaten still because she either has to use her power for map pressure or chase potential. As long as the the survivors split on generators and stay separated, she can still be beaten. Especially on a huge map.

I still believe Nurse is better though. After her rework I still see streamers like Umbra and Zubat 4K with five gens left and she still ignores all survivor defenses.

and you misunderstood the fact i am saying you are wrong in assuming that there are no spirits because of the nerf to addons, im saying its because of the audio bugs, just like many others are and in your post you had that snide attitude in they way you wrote your post.

Yeah I had a “snide attitude” because you’re able to tell somebody’s attitude through text. Real smart.

I only became snide because you wanted to get wild and call me out. I never stated people didn’t play Spirit solely because of her add-ons nor did I say “People stopped playing Spirit because of her add-on changes”. I said “her add-ons are the least of any good Spirit’s concern.” Because if you’re actually good with the Spirit you don’t need her best add-ons to do well. I don’t see how that is a snide attitude, it’s just a fact. If somebody relied on Saya, Amulet, and Prayer Beads to carry them through the match then they probably weren’t that great with Spirit to begin with.

Other things contribute moreso to why Spirit isn’t played like sound bugs and her (now fixed) non-existent post phase lunge. If players stopped playing Spirit because of her add-on changes then that’s because they relied on broken powerful add-ons. Simple as that. I’m doubtful many players stopped playing her for that reason though.

• I_am_NeganI_am_Negan Member Posts: 1,333

I still main her 🤗