If you are experiencing the Rank Update Error, please click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125133/
Welcome to the Dead by Daylight forums! Please take a moment to read through the forum rules before posting: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/
This section is used to report issues on PC specifically.

*** Please use the search box in upper right to see if your bug has already been reported first! ***

If this is an issue that occurs on all platforms, please post your report in the most fitting category instead.

When reporting a bug, please use the following template:

Description of the issue:
Steps to reproduce (if possible):
How often does this occur:

Please be sure to attach any screenshots, videos, or logs (if on PC) that you may have if you believe they could help us find the issue.

Legendary Survivor/Killer achievements despite not meeting requirements?

LevitikaLevitika Member Posts: 69

So I just got given both the Legendary Survivor and Legendary Killer achievements simultaneously after a match as The Doctor, despite not meeting the requirements for either achievement.

(Proof I'm not sufficient rank)

I have no idea how I triggered this; I killed all four Survivors (all purple ranks like myself) via sacrifice on Badham Preschool, and it gave me the achievements at the end of the match.

Comments

• B1teB1te Member Posts: 3

Almost the same happened to me. Literally just exited the game and got the 5 and 1 rank killer achievements.

• LofepramineLofepramine Member Posts: 104

I also got Legendary Survivor after playing one game and getting the "rank update" error.

• B3lleeB3llee Member Posts: 16

I just got the exact same thing even tho im not a rank 1 killer and have not even been close lol. It might be because the killer or survivors we're playing with in game as the same with the bug in the archives you could play survivor but get the challenge done for killer.

• VentingSylarVentingSylar Member Posts: 8

So I started a match on Sanctum of Wraith, except as soon as I loaded into the match it gave me both the Rank 5 and Rank 1 Killer achievements. I was facing Doctor and wonder if that has to do with this bug triggering the achievements. What I'm worried about is because I got both at the same time it, it looks like I hacked them in and now I'm worried I'm gonna get banned. Should I be worried? I imagine since I didn't touch any of the game files I'd be fine right?

• BlackRainbowBlackRainbow Member Posts: 37

No

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 4,003

No, you won't get banned for the game being broken.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 2,724

No, you will not. Achievements seem to be bugged at the moment.

• MikeasaurusMikeasaurus Member Posts: 870

Since they're achievements and don't impact gameplay in anyway, I doubt it very much. I think this is also a bug with the patch as I've seen another post similar about achievements unlocking for Survivors when they were killer.

• TheOptimiserTheOptimiser Member Posts: 28

I got it as well, started a game as survivor and suddenly Rank 5 killer achievement triggered. I guess that one can't be undone and I will have the achievement permanently unlocked from now on, right?

• SnapshotSnapshot Member Posts: 729

I also got my rank 1 survivor achievement, although I am around rank 10 surivor.... Hopefully no ban devs!

• SnapshotSnapshot Member Posts: 729

You know, when EAC bans you, the devs will / can do nothing so... I really hope they have it under control

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 2,779

Just played against a Huntress using my Rank 9 Steve, and it gave me two of these!

I don't know if this is a bug, but I actually was trying to work my way to R1 with my friends to earn the achievements.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 2,724

This is a known bug, they are working on a fix.

Can they take it away from me?

I don't want it handed to me :(

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 4,731

Interesting.

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 5,431

No worries, this is a known issue. We're on it.

edited January 21

Can they get removed?

I realize it is a weird request, haha

T_T

• PythonheirPythonheir Member Posts: 1,205

Will we lose these perks when you "Fix" the issue?

• ShirokuroShirokuro Member Posts: 146

The same thing happened to me except I got the killer side ones lol

A quick Google search seems to indicate that they are here to stay :(

My conspiracy-driven friend thinks it is because they were originally going to remove the ranking system and had this coded in to give everyone the achievements.

Are they right? Who knows!

Are they on drugs? Yup.

@Peanits Will these achievements remain forever unlocked after you fix this issue or will we be stripped from them and will have to actually reach those ranks in order to unlock them?

• DustPh0enixDustPh0enix Member Posts: 11

The same just happened to me.

My rank as Killer is 9 at the moment. I finished the first match after the Update and got the Killer archievment to reach rank 1

I know about this bug and it also happened to me for Rank 5 and Rank 1 killer to unlock completely random.

I just have one question: do us, the people who unlocked these achievements accidentally, keep them forever from now on or can you do something to remove them from us and have to do them again, but this time legitimately and how it is supposed to be done?