The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
If you are experiencing the Rank Update Error, please click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125133/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/
This section is used to report issues on PC specifically.

*** Please use the search box in upper right to see if your bug has already been reported first! ***

If this is an issue that occurs on all platforms, please post your report in the most fitting category instead.

When reporting a bug, please use the following template:

Description of the issue:
Steps to reproduce (if possible):
How often does this occur:

Please be sure to attach any screenshots, videos, or logs (if on PC) that you may have if you believe they could help us find the issue.

Legendary Survivor/Killer achievements despite not meeting requirements?

Comments

• shiggie_wiggieshiggie_wiggie Member Posts: 1

same happened to me. I'm a rank 9 survivor and thirteen killer. played a survivor match and as soon as it started got the survivor 5-1 achievements and when i exited the game i got the killer rank 10-1 achievements

• GcarraraGcarrara Member, Mod Posts: 1,120

Ehi, just chiming in to say that this is a known issue.

I'll link here a thread with known issues on this current version.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/122269/reported-issues-3-5-0#latest

• ShirokuroShirokuro Member Posts: 143

Yeah I'm pretty sure the devs can't revert achievements. I guess you could do it with Steam Achievement Manager but I haven't tried it myself

• inferjusinferjus Member Posts: 211
    edited January 21

Description of the issue: My friend when playing with me got randomly achievements for getting certain ranks as killer and survivor without ever achieveing these ranks.

Steps to reproduce (if possible): Just play the game.

How often does this occur: Randomly and often.

• GcarraraGcarrara Member, Mod Posts: 1,120

Hello there!

This is known. Look at the top for this thread about known issues:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/122269/reported-issues-3-5-0

• Marble_IndexMarble_Index Member Posts: 33

Are these achivements not on console?

• PepsidotPepsidot Member Posts: 104

Just so you know, many people have been banned for achievement cheating in the past. I know this because I've reported many of them myself (mind you, I was using the google doc reporting system 2ish years ago so things may have changed since then).

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 2,769

@Peanits

Do you know if it is possible to remove them?

• shady__ladyshady__lady Member Posts: 1

Hey there. I am playing with 3 friends right now and during the loading screen the game of a friend crashed. Game finished loading and registered, that there was one person not loading in and I got the "reach Killer Rank 5" and "reach Killer Rank 1" BOTH at the same time, but I was playing survivor.

• UpsettingDruid0UpsettingDruid0 Member Posts: 11

So a friend and I wearing playing against a spirit, one gen left and she killed both of us. Well, as I was in the animation of being taken into the sky by the entity, I lost connection to the server. I get booted to the main menu and reconnect to the server, and when I do, I unlock Expert, Master, and Legendary Killer achievements even though I haven't touched killer in months.

I just don't know if this a bug people are getting or what, I also just want to make sure I don't get any bans or something from this. On steam btw

• AnotherClownAnotherClown Member Posts: 5

I had the same issue, today i started a match with my hillbilly and get the expert survivor achievement

• Mang_AnwarMang_Anwar Member Posts: 39

Yep, same thing happen to my friend after we played together just a minute ago. He bought a perk from shrine then unlocks legendary survivor and killer achievement. He is rank 13 at survivor and 15 at killer.

• AAAAAAAAAA Member Posts: 539

I got the master and legendary survivor and killer achievements without reaching rank one.

• MyNamePeteMyNamePete Member Posts: 737

this is a bug and the devs know about it

just enjoy your achievements because there's no downside or anything so ggs ig

• CustódioCustódio Member Posts: 0

So, i was playing today as killer and somehow i get the killer and survivor rank achievements.

And didn't even played as a survivor today, i am rank 9 as killer and rank 13 as a survivor, and after that, i played a games as a killer, and i get a popup of something like this:

Rank Error Update

An error has occurred and the game was unable to update your rank.

So at first i thought it was a glitch, and i played another game, and it stills there.

I need help solving that please.

• ItsDarlingItsDarling Member Posts: 10

Me too

• ItsDarlingItsDarling Member Posts: 10

13 Matchs 9 Errors :c

• gemgames86gemgames86 Member Posts: 8

For whatever reason I just got the Legendary Survivor achievement. You get it when you hit Rank 1. The highest I've ever made it however is Rank 4.

• DecagnDecagn Member Posts: 1

this has just happened to me as well, the furthest I've ever gotten was rank 2 killer and that was a while ago, I was playing claudette against the clown, and got the achievement right after the match ended and I had left the lobby. Very confusing

• burntFuseburntFuse Member Posts: 114

I was just about to post this exact same thing.

• frazzleduckfrazzleduck Member Posts: 1

this happened to me as well, and I also received the expert killer (the one you get for rank 10) as i was entering a game. For context, I am currently rank 10 on survivor side, and rank 17 on killer side

• SentientBaconSentientBacon Member Posts: 1
    edited January 22

Just adding to the list.

Started a match as a survivor and got the rank 5 and rank 1 killer achievements right at the beginning as someone disconnected. Not sure if the DC is linked in any way, but I figure I should mention it. Map was Lerys and killer was wraith for additional info.

• raquelambersantiagoraquelambersantiago Member Posts: 316
    edited January 22

Yep same I also got it. I will take it as a freebie for now lol I loaded in as huntress after 4 survivor dcs on wraith and bam I got legendary survivor rank 1 lol. To note I had also only reached highest rank of 4

• battousan75battousan75 Member Posts: 9

I'm also getting the same situation with killer, i received both 5 and 1 achievement. Never had kill that high. I' also seeing players on my friends list getting their achievement for survivor as well. This may be a glitch since the update, and i don't want the anti-cheat system to think that I'm hacking. Please fix.

• battousan75battousan75 Member Posts: 9

I'm also getting the same situation with killer, i received both 5 and 1 achievement. Never had kill that high. I' also seeing players on my friends list getting their achievement for survivor as well. This may be a glitch since the update, and i don't want the anti-cheat system to think that I'm hacking. Please fix.

• iamtheculpritiamtheculprit Member Posts: 4

I can confirm that upon starting a match today as a R1 Survivor I was randomly given the R1 Killer achievement

• JHondoJHondo Member Posts: 60

I got my rank 10 survivor and killer and my rank 5 killer achievements the first match I played tonight as well

• NfiniteNfinite Member Posts: 10

I managed to get Expert Killer (Rank 10), Master Killer (5), Legendary Killer (1), Master Survivor, and Legendary survivor today. Rank 9 survivor and 12 killer.

• xoBlackBettyxoBlackBetty Member Posts: 20

I'm rank 7. I just played a duo match with my BF and at the end of our match I got two achievements.

My rank 10 killer achievement (even though it was a survivor match) AND my rank 1 survivor achievement (even though I'm only rank 7)... at the SAME time...