Home Dead by Daylight Forums Bug Reports Platform Specific Issues PC
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.
You are currently reviewing the archived bug reports section. To report a new issue, please use the new bug reports section found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs
If you are experiencing the Rank Update Error, please click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125133/

RANK UPDATE ERROR

Comments

• ZappyZappy Member Posts: 0

My main language is portuguese, so sorry for any grammatical issue

Classification update error has been occurring for more than 6 months, but is increasingly common.

Every 10 games played, the error occurs at least 8 or 9, but usually the error occurs in 10 games. If you have access to my games, check this out. I play multiple games a day and my rating rarely increases or decreases.

When the game is over the error happens and the only thing I can do is click "OK" and return to the lobby. Therefore, my rank is not updated, ie does not increase or decrease with each match.

OBS.: I uninstalled and installed the game again and the problem continues.

Please fix this error, it is becoming impossible to play the game without frustration. Thanks

• pedro951753pedro951753 Member Posts: 1

Tem acontecido o mesmo comigo porem em toda partida isso acontece, botei o jogo pra reparar mas como você reportou parece que isso não vai funcionar...

• DarktronikDarktronik Member Posts: 94

same here.

• radwulfradwulf Member Posts: 109

guys, you had fixed this, i had this error for over 8 months, but you fixed it when demo came out... why is it back again...

• YaguinniYaguinni Member Posts: 3

Ok, we are in January 20 right now, the problem is still there i have been playing like crazy with my friends, they are rank 15, 14 ,13 and i'm struggling in 18, because every damn game that i won a pip, this error pops, and send me to the start screen, is annoying, is Disrepectful with the player, i tried everything even german tutorials (I'm from LAN). Give us something, give us hope, give us something to stay with you, i payed almost DLC because i was very pumped with the game, but this, this make me regret every decision... Work this as you highest priority.

• gWoschgWosch Member Posts: 2

I was having the same issue, but i found out that my internet was the problem.

I downloaded a program called NoPing and the problem never happened again.

Here is the link, if you guys want to try it: https://www.nptunnel.com/

• SephisSephis Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2020

Yeah it's back and annoying like ever. Half a year, the game was magically fixed and the rank update error disappeared (for me), today i restart the game for downloading the new patch and it is back again. Seriously, don't you dare any of you "mods" to say it is my fault (like half a year ago) that i get this error. FIND A SOLUTION.

Thank you.

Have a nice day. Or not. I dont care

• geofu098geofu098 Member Posts: 16

Yeah it's back... Those devs are doing nothing

• LofepramineLofepramine Member Posts: 168

Yep, I get it after every game since the update.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 8,493

You all on PC or a variety of platforms?

PC here.

• sluggingnursesluggingnurse Member Posts: 2

Got it every game now too. I'm on PC. When asking the Dbd Support about it you get an automated response from last year. Thanks for nothing i guess..

• Genesis5226Genesis5226 Member Posts: 1

I got it too, playing on Xbox.

• StopZombiesStopZombies Member Posts: 47

Is this a joke? I had this error for 9 solid months. You fixed it months ago and now it's back after today's patch. gg.

Can no longer rank up. Happens in every single game that I pip. Same error as before.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 8,493

Mmkay, thanks for the updates folks. Best I can do is make sure the team know. All you folks can do is the usual stuff... use wired over wireless, give your routers/modems a power down for 5-ish mins and back on to flush DNS to see if it helps.

But I WILL pass the info on. :)

• edogastedogast Member Posts: 148

already sent the log to the email. Happens when I walk out the exit gate, I'm forever stuck in Rank 7. Happens right after the Lunar event was implemented.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 2,791

Yes, this bug which took the devs about 6 months to fix for me last time, is back. Great. FFS.

edited January 2020

Competent. :D

Nah, first report came with the Ash vs Evil dead DLC. They then fixed it for some of us, (after about 6 months) but it caused it to occur for others.

It's now come back for us with this update.

Ths bug came back after it preeviouslyt took 6 months to fix. and the topuc where i already voiced this has been deleted. nice.

• ManverouzManverouz Member Posts: 1

me too. this bug is since 2.6 i think. it's must be the most bug you have to more look at. because it's very crucial to the matchmaking and playing experience. i keep playing with the camper killer, unexperienced player, etc,. stop the cosmetic, this technical bug must be no. 1 attention. come on, you must have the way to solve it, cause its AN OLD BUG. OLD. BUG.

• UpsettingDruid0UpsettingDruid0 Member Posts: 20

Anytime I finish a game, either by dying or escaping, I get disconnected from the server for a rank update error and it prevents me from pipping or depipping. I have no idea what's causing it because I played one day, fine, after that, this constantly happens. If anyone knows a way to fix this I'd greatly appreciate it.

• RailtyRailty Member Posts: 7

Yep have the same issue every game stuck rank 2 killer no pipping. And along with everyone having this same problem, everyone also got the free rank 1 achievement.

"People are concerned about ranks currently, so lets just break the ranking system entirely and no one has to worry about it anymore" - BHVR (jk jk)

• seffardseffard Member Posts: 38

If you did at least a little bit of lazy research you'd know this is a super old bug and post on one of uncountable topics about it with an attached log file.🙂

Yeah, I have it since the update. It's getting ridiculously frustrating.

• RailtyRailty Member Posts: 7

@seffard i know but as of the new update, its happening literally every game now

Has this error for 9 solid months. It was fixed a few months ago. It's back with the last patch.

What is Behaviour doing about it?????

see attachments

• caerinthuscaerinthus Member Posts: 0

I can’t pip or rank up all i can do is black pip or lose a pip. happened to me 3 times already lmao this message pops up after i die.

• UpsettingDruid0UpsettingDruid0 Member Posts: 20

I also get player level update errors so no shards for me. Kinda discouraging that this is still a thing for months and there is no fix.