Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

How would you feel if DBD ended?

Comments

• ReallyBigShoeReallyBigShoe Member Posts: 764

Which if I'm not mistaken would be the first time a AAA studio would be throwing their hat in the ring against BHVR.

• BigFudgeBigFudge Member Posts: 239

Im not 100% sure to be honest. I know the Predator character is a HUGE attraction, one many people on these forums have asked to see in DbD for years.

I dont know much about RE:R yet but there is quite a bit of hype surrounding it so far.

edited January 2020

Indeed. Predator is a huge attraction...and when it comes to Resident Evil...those devs have been hitting it out of the park for a good while now, so if I were BHVR, I'd step up my game. Though, I think people are right when they know they are on borrowed time and are planning for the short term to make as much cash as possible.

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Like today: tried to get a survivor game...waited and waited...wasn't getting a game...cancelled...deleted my Kate Unhooking daily...got 4 x blink hits with Nurse instead...went to play killer game as nurse...got straight to lobby...then thought: "Why?". Why am I doing this?

MUST DO CHALLENGE! 😂 MUST GET BLOODPOINTS! 😂 MUST UPGRADE KILLER! 😂 MUST PRESTIGE KILLER! 😂

I felt I was almost becoming a CONSOOMER as at one point I was on the verge of CONSOOOOOOMING everything that was being released. New skins! Wow! Must have! Now!

But no I am not fussed and feel better for it.

Indeed. You can tell it's going south when the game is nearly 4 years old and they are still catering to new players as the sole reason for balance changes in patches.

• sluggingnursesluggingnurse Member Posts: 2

I would feel relieved honestly. So many hours wasted, i couldve spent on actively learning another language or smth. Maybe a little bit sad but id get over it.

Oh yeah that's a good point.

I do feel that I have wasted countless hours playing a game that honestly wasn't that fun! I was only playing cause I love horror. I'm such a spoon.

I wish I has used the time doing other things. Thankfully it's not too late to change.

edited January 2020

You know, it almost makes a feel a little queasy thinking about all the negative energy conjured up by this game. My recent comments are a testament to that.

Actually. No. I'm not bothered. Freedom! 😂

• Mang_AnwarMang_Anwar Member Posts: 56

I am fine with it, I only play like 2 or 3 matches nowadays and completing the daily ritual. I ain't having fun no more.

Yeah I agree 100%

Went on today, went to do a Nurse 4 x blink hits challenge...and just thought 'sod this' and switched off.

Played on this game called Shiny off PSN...it only cost 14p in a sale. Which is a crazy price. But it is CRAP so...

• NikkiwhatNikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,334

Changed my mind after how matches have gone today..... More people DCing than I have ever seen since returning to play....more toxic Survivors and bad matchmaking.....

My thoughts?

• ElkElk Member Posts: 2,267

I would miss it, like all games that i played before. But new ones will take its place.

• BabyCameron10BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 779

I’ll be sad if the game died but honestly the devs are the fault of it. The chapters and the fact that no other game is like this one is the reason that I play it. Also not having events killed this game, it was the closest we got to a “different” game mode, what the majority of the community wants. I wouldn’t say the game is getting stale for me but it’s getting there.

• TheGameZpro3TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699

Wait for the sequel.

• Eye66Eye66 Member Posts: 792

I went back to F13th, it got a bug and balance patch today too despite them being blocked from making new content. The devs have ruined what was one of the most fun and unique games I've ever played and let me express my love for horror. I'll still play sometimes but I've never lost this much interest in the game before today's patch

• Eye66Eye66 Member Posts: 792

If a nightmare company like EA bought DbD and turned it into a sellout product like Battlefront 2 but overhauled the code into functionality would it really be worse that the spot we're in now?

• SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962
    edited January 2020

I wouldn't feel a thing since I'd be playing something else by then.

I really really miss Final Fantasy XI though. I was really invested in my group and the friends I had there. I'm really looking forward to Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, hoping that I can relive the good MMO days.

• UistreelUistreel Member Posts: 627

To be honest I think I would be pretty upset at first, but then quickly would be relieved that I no longer need to make excuses to myself to play the game I don't really enjoy anymore

• DeadVisionDeadVision Member Posts: 27

If it ended abruptly then I'd feel disappointed (a little shocked but not feeling entirely surprised either?). I can only do so much in the few games I play without getting bored or feeling unsatisfied, and DbD scratches a gaming itch I never knew I had.

However, if it were a slow end due to competition actually being competent enough to make an equally decent asymmetrical horror game with original characters and lore to go with them (and be able to sustain a consistent playerbase because they know how to balance things) that manages to also scratch that itch then I wouldn't be too sad but still a little bit.

• Reaper_xxReaper_xx Member Posts: 173

There is White Noise 2 so i am good.

• MigrantTheGreatMigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,260

I wouldn't be surprised if it did. BHVR is catering to the baby survivor's (which make's half of it's community) and literally telling the killer community(other half) to ######### off. Yes the game does need to be balanced but if they keep on disrespecting and ignoring killer's, I wouldn't be surprised. Last Year is already looking better than this game

• Zanely89Zanely89 Member Posts: 134

I currently have 3 games on my hand that require long term commitment in building up the characters. Tbh, I'm experiencing burn out in 2/3 of the games (DBD being one of the two) but I just couldn't put them down as I spend so much money and time building everything.

I loathe many aspects of both games and seriously hope Dev could come to their senses and wipe themselves into shape, get up and fix ######### before it is too late. But the reality is, they are out to make money, it is a business not charity.

I have the same view for both games I'm burning out, I will play for free until the day it cease operation, or it become so insufferable that I finally put it down. I would be feeling so relieved and free as I no longer get bound by both games.

• HellCatJaneHellCatJane Member Posts: 698

It wouldn't bother me at all.

What makes this game hard to play is the fact you can't actually play it. The majority of my time spent is waiting in Q and hoping no one leaves the lobby or disconnects. etc. And even the challenges, if you are trying to do them,, "unhook survivor" ... get into match after 30minutes... survivor gets downed... you think OMG I can get my save! *rush over there!* Nope. DC'ed.... Still no husks in game or nothing. None of the bugs that are severe seem to get sorted out. Rank (emblems) itself is (my opinion) a joke. New content that you have to spend out your rear for, just gets pushed down our throats and so much more.. it's ... I mean. I enjoy playing a game that I don't have to deal with the same thing repeatedly. It's always been the same issues for me personally. I went from putting a bunch of money into this game (I actually wanted to give more tbh) and playing for hours/everyday..... to maybe I'll play a few matches a month.. maybe..Before the issues start to bother me or lack of fun kicks in etc. And they lost me as a "coin purse" as well.. Like.. "as if" haha. #NeverAgain #IKnowTheTruthNow /shrug.

Honestly, I am currently addicted to playing another asymmetrical game. They don't have nearly as many bugs, I consider it a polished game. Waiting 5 minutes for a match is the extreme "wait time" there is. Punishments are dealt with swiftly and non-biased *looks around here*. Anyways. They also listen to the playerbase and give out free things to people quite often. Lots of events take place and none of them take month(s) to happen or get delayed etc.

It's been great taking a break from the same ol' broken things day after day and it's kind of a relief tbh.

TLDR: It doesn't bother me anymore one way or the other. The game is extremely well funded due to various avenues they chose to take in acquiring said funds (Honestly I expect them to add more in the future as well)..., so most likely won't be going anywhere. (Especially with the design team.) So, if people were getting upset in the earlier posts... don't worry that much... lol. However, If this game actually "got good" I might change my mind and miss it... a little. o.o Idk.

• PrincessPoopPrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

I would be sad since I love this game but would probably move on to something else.

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 3,007

Honestly I'm pretty sure the next update will be the big reveal on how the games ending. If they don't really balance it out by the next update or nerf killer again it will probably start nailing the lid to the coffin shut. Average game times have dropped by about 2/3 to 1/2 for me. I love sitting in lobbies for 15 plus minutes as a Survivor to have a 5 minute game if I'm lucky or have a 7 minute game as killer.

They care less about the game anymore then getting new people in who will buy the overpriced cosmetics, Rift levels, Rift pass, and constant DLC they pump out.

I spent about 3 hours playing today before I realized playing survivor was incredibly boring. I miss Ruin skill checks because that was the best interaction outside of chase's. Jumped onto another game and I'll probably stay there in all honesty.

• honestlybaffledhonestlybaffled Member Posts: 175

I'd miss it.

I've made a LOT of friends playing DbD and invested a lot of time/money on it, I want it to be great and lasting.

• leyzymanleyzyman Member Posts: 355

Tbh, I would miss it. I have enjoyed the many matches I have played. Some more than others.

It just sucks that this game took a few bad turns, and it is looking like it wont last much longer.