Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

How has everyone’s games been since the patch ?

Comments

• namjuunnnamjuunn Member Posts: 43

absolute trashhhhh coming from a survivor main. I sometimes get into a match with other survivors being rank 16 or lower....Not to be rude but like the game is really unfun when yo teammates are trash and dont even come to unhook you bc they only care about escaping lol.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 2,415

Survivors still DC against the Doctor, so... there's that.

• Shirtless_MyersShirtless_Myers Member Posts: 101

It's been alright beyond the few very obvious cheaters within the game on PC!

• BiggsBiggs Member Posts: 232

Surge, pop,thrillinh tremors and 4 slot whatever you want.. Sloppy, thano,im all ears bbq

• XergeXerge Member Posts: 916

It isn't bad as long as I am playing strong killers with strong add ons. Playing killer has become slightly harder and playing survivor much easier, boring and uninteresting for me.

• nick_larkingnick_larking Member Posts: 29

Ques are longer than the game itself =\

• MringasaMringasa Member Posts: 646

Bad matchmaking, getting "dedicated" a lot more with the update. Otherwise, the usual. Against coordinated or SWF, I get rekt. Against 2-man + solo, or all solo, I do pretty well.

New Gatekeeper makes it a lot easier to pip. I had 2 Merciless Killer matches that felt "right" for me to get that double pip rather than getting Ruthless and feeling I got cheated out of a pip because Gatekeeper burned me.

Matchmaking is even worse I think. First 3 matches had one random Rank 20, grouped up with all Purples/Reds. It was a bit frustrating. Last few matches though were reasonable. Purples and greens, no reds.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 1,831
    edited January 22

I get alot of potatos and demolish them, even without ruin. I mostly Kill them before they even finish 1 or 2 gens. Then in the endscreen I see... 4 yellow, green or purple rank survivors with less then 500 hours. And me as rank 1 Killer (rank 3 atm because I had to dc several times becuase I was too frustrated playing doc with 20 fps) with 3k hours. Obviously I get salt in the chat and they call me whatever they like, camper, tunneler, slugger, tryharder whatever. Idk about the chat but it hurts to me to be forced to destroy casual ppl as veteran. One of the biggest problems in Dbd atm is the ranking and matchmaking.

• NurseMainBTWNurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531

Survivors' que times are awful... Killer's que times are amazing instead. The patch didn't really bother me at all since I don't play ruin or doc at all.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 5,313
    edited January 22

My games went completely normal, in fact, even better than before the Patch. As Killer, Instant Lobbies (even tho, this was not in the evening, it was before). Survivor Queue Times in the evening were a little bit faster than before. Had more NOEDs, but also many Doctors who used NOED, so I think it is more because the people were playing Doctor and not because they want to "punish" Survivors.

Only had one DCing Killer, a Ghostface who DCed after two Gens were done. Because, you know, it is impossible to win the game after this point.

BUT I had way more Red Rank Killers than before and a few purples, instead of quite a lot of Green Killers.

• Danielgdp3Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 233

Only played 1 match and got chased by a camping Leatherface for 9 straight minutes and escaped so that was fun.

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 2,357

I played one game. One game. Plague in order to finish off a daily. Had 3/4 vile downs done so completed that. And that was enough.

I haven't experienced the new Ruin or Doctor changes, but they're not an influence on my decision to have a sabbatical from DBD.

It feels quite liberating to have all this extra stress-free time.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,512

Played two games as survivor and one as killer.

My first game as survivor was terrible, teammates let me die on hook and the Huntress ate them for breakfast.

My second game as survivor was Blood Lodge against a Ghostface so he was probably unhappy about that. He only killed one survivor

Neither killer ran NOED. GF had Ruin and Huntress had Corrupt Intervention. Huntress was Rank 2 and GF was Rank 10.

My one game as killer was me testing the Spirit changes. Two survivors with flashlights DC’ed after their second down and only one generator got done. They were all solo survivors.

Spirit feels a lot better to play now that she has a lunge again but sounds are still bugged.

I don’t have an issue with Ruin changes personally. It gives me more freedom in my builds and thinking of fresh perk ideas. I just believe map changes should be the #1 priority now.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 10,207

Oh?

I can assure you Moris are not the same as high ping. 😜

• Brucecastro81Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

Doctor is fun, so my matches are: fun,fun,fun,fun

• asergioamasergioam Member Posts: 359

As survivor, I had longer queue times, yesterday it was really noticable. I've survived more matches than usual. Didn't really got tunnelers nor campers, probably most killers I played against were just trying the new ruin.

Played 2 games as killer for a Daily Ritual, queues were almost instantly like usual and ruin was useless.

• snozersnozer Member Posts: 666

The fact that you can do that perfectly highlights how badly balanced the game is.

There should never be a way to 1v1 a killer for 9 minutes.

• balenciagabalenciaga Member Posts: 4

they've been okay, just seem like a regular match of DBD to me

• Danielgdp3Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 233

There can be if the killer isn't good and the survivor is good.

• TatariuTatariu Member Posts: 597
  • adsads123123123123adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 135
    edited January 22

Tbh fairly good. It was mostly 3-4 kills today. As long as you play a top tier killer or a killer with a strong early game, you will be fine.

• HauntedMandalorianHauntedMandalorian Member Posts: 99

About the same. I love the fireworks in the match, they're pretty fun. They took me off guard for my first match when I hooked someone.

I've mostly been playing as The Doctor, I like not having to transition between the two modes. He's a lot more convenient to use, and a lot more dangerous with that new Power of his. I've won most of my matches as him, and did terribly with the others. So, he's still very much beatable. I never use Ruin, so that's a non-factor for me.

I'll mostly play Survivor for my next gaming session to see how this new Ruin feels and to see what it's like on the flip side of The Doctor.

• WateryWatery Member Posts: 1,118

Moving overall as survivor is a lot smoother than it was originally, and the game moves a bit faster due to ruin being nerfed.

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 1,952

It’s probably a new feature that was quietly implemented rather than being a bug. You know, the developers need to appease their target clientele and make things easier for them.

• HarryToeknucklesHarryToeknuckles Member Posts: 158

A lot more lag on PS4. Everything that seemed to be improved took a step back with that last update.