Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Hard to PIP with Ruin nerf... as survivor

2»

Comments

• johnmwarnerjohnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

Yeah, especially with certain killers like the one shot downers... Billy and Plague are the two I have hardest time pipping with.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 7,520

Leave 1 gen and bully the killer for a few minutes.

• TommyFredoTommyFredo Member Posts: 48

Farm? No. Play the game. You shouldn't Gen Jockey the entire game, get chased the entire game, or just go for altruism the entire game. Switch Gen Roles, switch on unhooks, etc. If you're in a solo match, then don't be afraid to get into a chase for a little while. If you're playing against dookie killers than I'm sorry. But so far I've played a few good killers where getting 5 gens done isn't the easiest thing in the world. Pipping isn't supposed to happen every game, depending on which Rank you're at. If I made a new account and played, I would pip or double pip every game until I got to mid Purple ranks. It's just how the game goes, but for me. If games go too fast for you or the original discussion poster, than look to change variables in the game that make pipping easier. Play with a coordinated SWF, run certain perks, etc.

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,405

I'm rank 2 right now and haven't managed to pip yet. Games are over in 3-4 minutes. Killers relied too much on Ruin.They have no idea how to play without it. I am a purple rank killer right now (I'm playing more survivor at the moment, was rank 1 before) and I got 4Ks with Clown against red rank survivors. Sure, It's more stressful now, but it can still be done.

• TommyFredoTommyFredo Member Posts: 48

3-4 minutes? That's nearly impossible. Each gen is a minute and a half, and that's if you don't stop for one second to do any other task. 6-7 minutes is more realistic if you have a good team against a booty killer.

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,405

We usually have toolboxes with addons and we pair up to do gens. Perks can also help. I didn't time the games I played, but it felt close to that. I could be wrong, though. 😋

• IrisoraIrisora Member Posts: 1,326

I don't think killers relied too much on ruin sinceraly.. most of the time it was a placebo effect againts gen tapping and survivors with mouse buttons skillchecks. It never was a real challenge or overpowered like some people thought.

That most killers equip it doesn't mean it was powerful, it talk about how quick the gens are done and the struggle of killers at stopping them.

And the mayor weakness of ruin is and was being an hex wich most of the times gets nuked in 10-30 sec. The nerf they did was pointless, its like covering with more trash an already useless perk.

I think the devs should try to balance the game around game core mechanic and not around perks so much.

• LucamaLucama Member Posts: 461

Actually, absolutely possible. Generic scenario:

Killer takes about 20s to find one survivor, chases and downs in about 40s which is a pretty quick down, another 10-15s to pick them up, carry them to hook and hook them. 10s later 3 generators are done.

And that's assuming a fairly quick down. A decent looper can keep the killer in chase for 1m. Of course, you can break the chase but that only works if you know where another survivor is. 80s is really not a lot of time, and that's 3 people doing 3 separate gens at the same time.

• johnmwarnerjohnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

A gen is 80 seconds for one survivor. In theory 3 survivors could finish one each in 1:20 right as the first player gets hooked. Then one runs for the unhook, he chases the third and the fourth does another gen at the 4:00 mark and that accounts for travel time. Four gens done in four minutes is what most games SHOULD BE except immortal players have this phobia about doing anything except hiding.