Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

I think I'm done playing dbd.

Comments

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Few people are still enjoying playing killer. I also stopped playing a couple of weeks ago because it's mostly a stressful experience that feels more like work than having a fun free time activity. (I've always been a survivor main, but I also played some killer on the side.)

• WateryWatery Member Posts: 1,118

Have a good one! Just know there’s always a spot for you at the campfire.

It’s perfectly normal to be done with a game, move on if you need to.

• Gravewalker200Gravewalker200 Member Posts: 418

This is only on steam pal, you aren't counting consoles.

• NullEXENullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    edited January 2020

I think what has put me on the line so far, was during this whole Hex:Ruin debacle. The community in general became immensely worse, and more toxic. During this time I put my trust in the Dev's to continue to have passion for the game, wanting to make it fun for both sides. At the same time I figured I would follow some of the streamers they've mentioned in threads during the recent changes. Yesterday I watched OhTofu for the first time, and he was in the midst of mocking the entire portion of the community that was against ruin changes. Then his point that Ruin isn't needed was running Hillbilly VS a team of potato's and stomping them. Then asked his viewers to pay 100 subs to play a Killer they've asked for. Like I've adapted to the ruin changes, and that's not the part I care about, but I do care about the poor ranking system not rewarding players for playing well. I care about how toxic the community is compared to how I thought when I watched streamers like Cahla and smaller streamers where the game was having fun. I also care about that in high ranks there are clear issues that are directly being ignored ruining the fun for the part of the community that are competitive.

The dev's giving so much support to a streamer that straight up openly mocks even a small group of the games community - for any reason, looks really bad for me, but this was my first encounter with the streamer, and I see other people talk highly of him, so I might give them all another chance in the future, but if that's the message the dev's are trying to convey. I'm on a thin line of leaving too.

Gonna check out this Resident Evil game though, loved that series for years.

Post edited by NullEXE on
  • I_am_NeganI_am_Negan Member Posts: 2,812

I hear you I'm holding out till April myself like others have said waiting to try RE3

The one game that's going to drag me way from DBD definitely is

⬇️

Can't wait🤗

• MysticAdvisorMysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453

Honestly It hurts me to say this but my patience too is fading even though I played this game since it first came out in 2017 for console.

I decided I will still come back and check on things but I wanted to make my own game, And have fun on my own terms.

I will always be around this game I don’t hate it just burned me out.

I’m tired of doing the same song and dance and being frustrated and angry all the time.

• toxicmeggtoxicmegg Member Posts: 662

ok drama queen

• JacksansyboyJacksansyboy Member Posts: 174

Not everything has to be an argument or a rant. They were just saying they were quiting and why. That's it.

• bigbeefynachobigbeefynacho Member Posts: 303

Do what I do. Face camp with bubba and lol at all the toxic messages. I often get "I just reported you for camping." It's a great deal of fun.

• evilnutsevilnuts Member Posts: 12

Im close 95% of not playing anymore. You say ruin wasnt the problem, so what is it? I played a few games n gens are just way to fast. I mean tunneling n slugging isnt so fun but it seems like thats going to be the way to win in low ranks. I played survivor and oh man gens are alot easier. But againg thats just my opinion.

• ShiShi Member Posts: 156

You needed labor of love award, but what were you doing.

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,682
    edited January 2020

Usually I would be excited for new content and the pass. But not anymore.

Long lobby queues...bad matchmaking...attempting to complete silly challenges...in a game filled with toxicity and unbalanced play...for re-coloured cosmetics?

Nah. I'd rather have a beer and watch a horror film.

• ParallaxParallax Member Posts: 268

Hi done playing dbd, I'm dad

• MisterCremasterMisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

I imagine console stats are even lower, and dropping. I've never experienced queue times like this in the years I've played.

Also, the fact they saw barely a blip in new players with the Stranger Things release is a really bad omen for the game. A game like this can't survive with out new players, and there simply aren't enough masochists out there to get past the terrible first games they're going to have to get that dopamine rush.

• ThatLaurieMainThatLaurieMain Member Posts: 16
  • ReallyBigShoeReallyBigShoe Member Posts: 764

Consoles? Where there's even less people and even longer queue times?

I used Steam as an example because it's the only semi-consistent one, and DBD's main platform..

• TunnelVisionTunnelVision Member Posts: 1,259

Not sure if it's going to have the same feel of dbd, looks way less fluid from what i saw.

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,682

I had one game tonight. Solo as usual. Survivor. Surprisingly no big queue wait.

We lost, fair and square to Spirit. We were levels 7-8 and Spirit was 12.

Got to play the Asylum map which admittedly was pretty good. An improvement.

But did I have fun?

No.

Didn't buy premium and the only thing that matters, The Elephant outfit, is in free.

So that's me done for this evening and the foreseeable future.

Don't want cosmetics and don't need blood points.

And I just watched all the cutscenes on YouTube. Doctors is a highlight.

Later.

So what if it is the main platform, that doesn’t exclude us from your little charts. If you took the time to add every player that plays dbd throughout all platforms you would see new players and the numbers would be higher

• yermomyermom Member Posts: 155

It's not one change, it's the accumulation of changes that are biased towards pleasing certain members of the population. They're alienating the people who play killer, and I feel like they're exploiting the fact that most people who play killer are types who like to overcome odds. However, those same types of people, once they decide to quit, they quit for good. You can read about this kind of stuff in personality theory, specifically regarding commitment patterns. They stay because they commit to overcoming the odds, but once that stops seeming feasible, they move on to something that is feasible. Once they commit to something else, they aren't coming back.

Just had a stroke reading this since my brain cannot register it in time.

• PyroDudePyroDude Member Posts: 442

I stopped playing half way through tome I.

I finaly got tired of a game I used to be addicted to. Only recently I started playing again because of tome II but it's not really great.

I might as well just stopp again and draw more.

So, yeah. I can not blame you for quitting

• DontNerfDontNerf Member Posts: 985

Im exactly the same i hate how DBD has become so disgusting to play the comunnity doesnt help either and the devs dont listen, goodbye DBD rest in peace

• TalmeerTalmeer Member Posts: 1,487

I don't think dbd will have ever anything have to fear until another game comes out that a) has multiple killers in it (which also grow in time in their numbers) and b) takes the "horror" part a bit more seriously.

And I am not a dbd fanboy. It is just... How long can you play 1 game if never something new comes into it?

I have seen great games and mods dieing, just because of this.

That said, I don't think it would be bad if dbd would have a little competition. Maybe they starting then to wake up and doing the right things.

• NullEXENullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Capcom, Resident Evil is coming out with their own asymmetrical game. It's going to be a very tough competitor for a team as small as BHVR to face. I'm also not just talking about one triple 'A' game developer, but i'm sure we will see even more not long after.

I even hear that Friday the 13th have been making recent updates to contest Dead by Daylight, but that's just speculation and stuff I hear on the forums.

So it's clear BHVR does have a competition to worry about losing players to.