Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Do we all agree gen times need to be increased?

Comments

• PalletOrWhatPalletOrWhat Member Posts: 265

I prefer a sec objective

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Perhaps a modest increase would be acceptable.

Mostly, I want the devs to shrink big maps and remove a number of safe pallets from each map.

• SpaceCoconutSpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Not at all, but it's going to be interesting to see when and IF the devs change things to make the matches more than just 3 minute gen repairs.

To see what they change to give killers more influence on the time a match takes.

We'll see what happens.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,974

It’s not gen speeds

80 seconds is enough

its maps design

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,609

Preferably not.

• evilnutsevilnuts Member Posts: 12

Im with you! Im all about it. Survivors that are good we know who they are....they dont give a fx** about old ruin. They well pop them like no tommrow. So now danmmmmm never have been stress to keep up. 1 chance i had 3 pop...#########!! Thats crazy!! I play survivor too. Only time i have a really bad game is wen my team sucks n i get one hook. They really ######### killers. Cant use pop n ruin at the sametime anymore. So what do they think pressure is?

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,656

I think large maps need reworked and toolboxes need looked at. IF that doesn't fix the problem then they can tweak gen times.

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Gen times arent an issue. Theres nö logic in making gen times an issue just because you arent able to pressure survivors.

• deadbyhitboxdeadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,113
    edited January 2020

Huge and unbalanced maps are the problem honestly. If you were to make every map like and near the size of Coal Tower, while changing toolboxes, I firmly believe gen speed wouldn't be a complaint.

Increasing gen speeds would just mean that more tweaking around the game would be needed, and I'd rather have something that fixes a slew of issues but doesn't introduce any new problems.

• DustinDustin Member Posts: 1,795
    edited January 2020

No shrink the maps instead. That way the killer is actually interacting with the survivors more and killers with mobility don't get indirectly buffed because gen time gives zero leeway.

Also nerf toolboxes.

• meatisadelicacymeatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

No, I do not agree that gen times need to be increased.

• Auron471Auron471 Member Posts: 1,308

Make noed basekit then add a totem counter

i REALLY don’t want to hold M1 for longer.

• ProtokonProtokon Member Posts: 12
    edited January 2020

There are two problems with increasing gen times:

A) completing generators as a game-loop objective for survivors is already boring. Extending it literally makes the game more unfun.

B) While it may theoretically make weaker killers better against 4 players, you screw over smaller groups of 3 or less survivors, and also buff all killers on the smaller maps to an unfair advantage.

Basically all that will be accomplished, is you balance certain situations and make the game unfair for other situations. Which you could also argue is the current problem.

How can we fix this? Abandon the concept of balancing generators and work on balancing maps, or add objectives to endgame. The objectives should scale with remaining survivors, so that its easier with less survivors.

I dont have any ideas of what to change...but the endgame concept was a solid foundation to start with.

I like the idea of a key spawning thats needed to open the gates or something.

• starmandellstarmandell Member Posts: 3

Man ranks don't even matter.

I see red ranks being matched with gold frequently

• illusionillusion Member Posts: 873

I was initially going to say yes, but maybe removing all of the things that buff repair speed, smaller map sizes (with no god loops), and/or secondary objectives would be good. People are right. Sitting there holding m1 for long periods of time is not fun.

• Mr_XMr_X Member Posts: 15
    edited January 2020

I think they should add a perk that requires all totems to be cleansed before the exit gates are able to be powered. You don't know about it until all the gens are done. Even if someone doesn't run it, it'll cause more survivors to seek out totems because the killer might have it. Therefore all games would be increased without me having to hold a button longer fixing gens... Maybe even dial back gens to 60 seconds, it would be the same amount of time overall, but would take longer in game to find totems. By far the easiest method from a programming standpoint. Or they could add some sort of new objective.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,292

Who the hell complains about Prove Thy Self?

No, a second objective would be better. I suggested each survivor needed to find a tool belt to repair a gen. Or suffer a 25% debuff without it.

• StardustSpeedwayStardustSpeedway Member Posts: 876

Tool boxes need a major nerf. They do not need to increase repair speed whatsoever anymore. I see survivors bring them in trials now and it's like, really???

• tkwmmtkwmm Member Posts: 84

Gen Time is fine, Map is not.

Dev need to Rework certain map to smaller size + rework god loop into normal loop,

• BabyBubbaMainBabyBubbaMain Member Posts: 97

I mean it’s pretty fun walking to a generator across the map and it gets completed before I can even get to it and later find out that they have prove thyself. But yeah

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Peanits has said toolboxes should be look into, so there is that.

• BadMrFrostyBadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

You guys are fooling yourselves into thinking your input matters. Was the exemption of ruin from the PTB survey not clue enough? Come on, boys. It's obvious they're just going through the motions of asking for feedback, knowing full well they'll just do whatever they want in spite of it.

• RuncoreRuncore Member Posts: 328

Absolutely and definitely yes, gen times are now ridiculous and needs to be increased asap.

• rhodamiarhodamia Member Posts: 275

Secondary objective idea: The Entities Treasures.

In the middle of every map is a table with 4 relics. 1 relic disappears after each completed gen.

If the survivor picks up a relic and is still holding it when they die or escape they gain 50% more bloodpoints. The killers movement speed is increased by 1% for each relic being carried.

Relics can be dropped but break in the process. Each survivor can only pick up one relic per trial.

This CAN make the game harder for you as a survivor. With a hefty BP reward. Be quick to the relic table as they go away quickly. But also be sure you can handle the pressure it brings.

This doesn't slow down the beginning of the game (unless you count competitiveness for the relics) but it does make an interesting challenge of difficulty and dynamic gameplay as you can buff the killer if you think you are hot stuff.

• AdvorsusAdvorsus Member Posts: 1,030

I think multiple survivors working on a gen speed should be increased a little, but nothing else should be changed on gen speeds. For example, instead of 44 seconds with two people it's 55 seconds and so on. Toolboxes shouldn't be changed. But a secondary objective should. I propose.... Fuses. Gens can be repaired, but to be completed and turned on you need to find a fuse. Fuses are randomly generated throughout the maps. You can carry an item and a fuse, but it limits survivors ability to do certain objectives like totems and unhooking because their hands are full. This only applies though if they're carrying an item and a fuse. This will slow down the game, require more tactics from both survivors and killers, make old perks that don't have a lot of uses right now more viable(which allows for more build diversity), and makes the game more fair and enjoyable for everyone.

• SeanzuSeanzu Member Posts: 7,289

No, maps need reworked, that is all.

• Prinzessin_SoehPrinzessin_Soeh Member Posts: 15

Maybe it's hard for newbies, but it was a little bit challenging for survivors and needed concentration on skill. Even rank 1 surv. doesn't hit all the great, but it was more fun. And ruin is still a hex.. so destroy it and ur fine. Now it's like no one cares about it, do the gen and get out...