We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Unpopular DBD Opinions

2»

Comments

• XzanXzan Member Posts: 18

Calling "gg" after an easy round is (slightly) toxic.

I win, you lose, gg!

• MarcusMarcus Member Posts: 1,773

Freddy's snares aren't that good.

• UwUMyersUwUUwUMyersUwU Member Posts: 112

A good chunk of killers need QOL and small buffs/reworks to help them get pressure and utility from Power

Gens aren't the issue, toolboxes are.

Both keys and moris are balanced.

• LemeTheMemeLemeTheMeme Member Posts: 352

Killer isn't weak, you just don't play aggressively enough and/or are bad!

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 1,373

Old Legion was a great Killer and he had counterplay.

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 1,633

The Ruin nerf benefits killer mains more than survivor mains.

Why? Survivor mains know the spawns well, could cleanse the totem really quickly and/or hit great skill checks with little effort.

Killer mains have to play survivor too. They are less likely to hit greats, less likely to play in an SFW and less likely to hit Greats.

• Brucecastro81Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,365

I hate playing on Asylum as surv and killer, Legion is underrated and gen speed is fine the problem is maps

• DeadByMemelightDeadByMemelight Member Posts: 51

The art/graphic design team on DBD is actually really mediocre.

• PepsidotPepsidot Member Posts: 104
    edited January 23

Stealth killers that use Tru3's strat and build on any in door map aren't skilled, but get free hit after free hit after free hit, unless you have spine chill.

Urban evasion needs to be banned at red ranks. It's disgusting playing with or against those immersed players. (Kinda joking about banning it.. but it IS annoying).

Red ranks are too easy to get on both killer and survivor. Albeit more so on survivor. I either play against babies, or have baby teammates most of the time. Mind you, it's nice to play against noobies as killer.

Self Care isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Sure, it is horrible healing with SC if the killer has sloppy. But I sometimes wish I had it equipped in some situations. E.g end game when I want to be healed to unhook someone. Or when I when to finish off a heal.

• whammigobambamwhammigobambam Member Posts: 285
    edited January 23

Hard camping followed by tunnelling followed by noed/bitter murmur will win you the match 9/10 times. Turn off your chat and messages this strat is super unfun for survivors and is "killing dbd" so they will say.

• KatzengottKatzengott Member Posts: 48

Survivor Meta Perks are boring to use. And if you use them all the time, you won't improve your Gameplay because it's just EZ brain-afk Mode with nothing to fear. Same goes for bringing Items in the Trial, you don't need them! Looting chests and cleansing Totems is more rewarding and a good second objective to actually give the Killer more time and more Points for everyone.

• AdelooAdeloo Member Posts: 298
    edited January 23
    • Windows of Opportunity is actually good
    • Nurse is the best killer to go against
    • Demogorgon and Oni are the funniest killers to go against
    • I hate Haddonfield as survivor as much as when i'm playing killer
    • It's pretty easy to counter NOED
    • Indoors maps are the best maps to play on as survivor
  • TheGameZpro3TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 700
    edited January 23

Feng Min is EXTREMELY overated. Everything about her sucks. She has terrible perks (mainly looking at technician, when has that ever been helpful. Lithe is an exhaustion perk, there isn't any bad one, but this is the worst exhaustion perk. and Alert is only ok), she doesn't look good, and from what I remember, her voice is unbearable to listen to. I just never understood how anyone could like her, let alone how it's the minority that dislikes her.

Post edited by TheGameZpro3 on
  • TheEversongTheEversong Member Posts: 25

I really enjoy Aces Up the ante perk. Find the luck bonus has helped me more often then not.

• Withered8Withered8 Member Posts: 30

Smaller loops are easier to loop because it’s easier to loop back around when the killer continuously lunges through. Also means you can get more loops in.

• RipleHHH89RipleHHH89 Member Posts: 86

Couldn't have said it better as a survivor main myself lmao what a joke. Killer is weak. Maps are too big, gens are too easily done and fast. Killers are screwed with no ruin. There's no point in playing killer. So I urge any killer to have had enough to stop playing killer and let the game go downhill. I can only hope.

• ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 841

add ons and the meta are for the weak.

• ImmersedNurseImmersedNurse Member Posts: 793

I have spent a long time learning the layout of the map and pallet spawns. My frustration doesn't arise from a lack of experience, just a general dislike for everything about the map:

• I don't like the loops. I think they're largely unsafe and having such low visibility of the killer when running through multiple rooms to make a "safe" loop is a massive hindrance.
    • The one-survivor generators are tediously slow to repair.
    • I dislike the aesthetic of the map.
    • I don't enjoy the sounds on the map. I find the slamming doors and strange portal noises to be very distracting, unpleasant and unusual.
    • Portions of the map are dead-zones whereby there are no pallets or windows which are usable which would not result in you taking a hit.
  • Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 3,218

Blood Echo is a top tier perk.

• WateryWatery Member Posts: 1,105

Jane’s moans aren’t that annoying.

Sincerely,

biased Jane main

• LemeTheMemeLemeTheMeme Member Posts: 352

I'm not a survivor main, I have been maining killer more than ever and I 4k regularly, all these nerds on the forums like to complain and rely on these perks to carry them, when all you have to do is tunnel, proxy, and slug. Easy win. Anyways, I guess you fall into the get better category :D

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 287

Myers is a boring killer!

All killers should be buffed because escaping should be a big challange, that would make playing survivor more fun.

Tbagging and clicking should be bannable. The game deserves a much less toxic community.