The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

is survivor easier than killer?

2»

Comments

• TunnelVisionTunnelVision Member Posts: 519

Once you learn the basics of loops then survivor is a cakewalk compared to killer.

• Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 2,217

It's purely subjective, but in my honest opinion... Right now, yes.

• andyollollollandyollolloll Member Posts: 315

Easy one, survivor is so less stressful than killer.

If you play killer you should be juggling a maximum of 4 players without taking into account how weak they are making killers

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 1,348

There are some things that are definatly hard to learn or master but overall survivor is ALOT easier to learn and get into than Killers. Killers have alot more to be aware of and know compared to survivor, you can basicly get carried by your teammates without doing anything. As Killer you are alone so mistakes will get punished ALOT harder than from survivors. Even if you [BAD WORD] up and die fast in a chase, a other survivor might run the Killer for a few min to compensate your mistake.

• HawkAyeTheNooHawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 356

Solo survivor can be just as stressful as playing killer. SWF is easy mode. Solo is where you'll find the true legends of the game. Ggs.

• Hex_ToasterBathHex_ToasterBath Member Posts: 38

Let's see, running around the map, timing skills, time management skills, mind game skills, counter looping skills, or holding M1 for 80 seconds? I'm gonna go with survivor is easier.

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 926

People are mixing up stressful with hard.

His arguments are all related to stress and not to skill.

For example he completly ignored a very, if not the most important factor in this game: Chases. Chasing a survivor is way more easy then getting chased (dont forget, we are not talking about stressful). And doing gens is easy, true, but whats so hard about patroling gens?

Anyway, the video is just some biased opinion by a random killer main.

• Nutty_ProfessorNutty_Professor Member Posts: 332

Speaking as a survivor main that also plays like a lot of killer, in my opinion killer is harder then survivor. My reason in believing this is that there are a higher portion of good survivors compared to the amount of good killers there are.

I play at red ranks as both a survivor and killer, when playing as killer I'm far more likely to come across an actual good red rank survivor (less common now as the new rank reset system waters down red ranks with survivors that don't belong in red ranks). Compared to when I play survivor it's rare that the red rank killer (when the killer is actually a red rank) is actually good. In most of my survivor games, the randoms are the biggest threat to my survival rather then the killer.

Although for me I don't find killer stressful, as I don't put any expectations on my performance.

However, I'm a very good survivor so I always expect myself to play well. If I'm having a bad day in DBD I often get annoyed with myself. So for me personally survivor can be a more frustrating then killer.

• ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 834

It is, because once you got it down, you can apply the same for every survivor there is.

Every killer is having to learn new things

• leyzymanleyzyman Member Posts: 115

Here is my answer.

I recently played a few survivor and killer matches. both of them were in the green ranks. I know that doesn't sound impressive, but I dont play the game as much, so I dont rank up as fast after rank reset.

I played a match as Oni. I absolutely dominated the team. Someone DCd, and I got 2 other kills. I closed the hatch, downed the last person, felt bad, and let them open an exit gate to escape. This, in turn, said that it was draw and gave me a black pip.

As survivor, I played against a bubba. I had max chase, did about 1/2 a gen, either saved 1 or 0 people, and healed 1 guy. I died at 1 gen remaining, and I got a pip for that.

So, idk if that answers it for you, but in terms of the way rank works in the game, survivor is MUCH easier than killer. The only times I do not rank up as survivor are if

1. I get 1 hooked

2. Get tunneled and camped

3. My team dies super quick because they are super alturistic.

• FancyMrBFancyMrB Member Posts: 281

Yes Survivor is easier once you understand the basics of the game. It is the more forgiving role and you also have 3 people to support you.

If you have potato teammates it can make it more difficult/frustrating, but overall is very easy role and less stressful.

I can't loop worth a damn, I don't use any meta perks (unless SC counts), and I hardly escape... yet somehow I consistantly pip and get to rank 1 no issue.

Overall, its less stressful, more rewarding, and more fun since you can play with your friends.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 1,549

Easier or harder in what way? It's a different gameplay experience doing a different thing. Mechanically, yes , survivor is easier. But being a solo survivor is, uh, mentally draining in a different way than killer is. I play survivor when I want to chill for a bit, but even then you can cater youe build to gen jockey or throw on OoO and get in chases

• NikkiwhatNikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,118

Survivor play is generally less frustrating than Killer... You can do a whole lot, even make mistakes, even get sacrificed and still end up getting plenty of Bloodpoints and pips... Since Tome 2, I've regularly been getting 16-26k Bloodpoints in a match, variables of how said match goes affects the end result. But I play & main Killer more.

Unless I'm face camped, tunneled to death or Ebony/Ivory Mori'd, it's far easier to play a match, not be stressed...even goof off. Of course, the big caveat is that if youre the only competent Survivor, the match can end badly

Conversely, with Killer one big mistake, or a couple minor ones can seal your doom, which is easily capitalized by almost any Survivor player. It's an asymmetrical game, so there is no real balance when it comes to comparing the play of both sides.

• Midori_21Midori_21 Member Posts: 60

Myers stalking a trapped survivor:

I like ya, and I want ya. And we can do this the easy or the hard way. The choice is yours.

• CoderCoder Member Posts: 373

I completely disagree. Killer is too easy, you just have to chase survivors, break palets, mind game, down survivors, avoid flashlights, avoid pallet saves, carry them to a hook, hook them, leave the hook (or you'll be called a camper) look for someone else, kick generators, rinse and repeat.

While survivor has the unbearable task of holding M1 and pressing the spacebar when a skillcheck pops up. Also, if the killer chases you it's really hard, you just have to loop and press spacebar to throw a pallet. And then you go to a gate and hold M1. This is just too stressing and hard.

The survivor role is not for everyone.

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 3,800

Survivor is easier. The only time when it's not is if you're teammates literally do nothing all game but hide. The killer sees you and they don't come to save.

Killer is a lot harder if the survivors actually have braincells.