The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

A question to high rank killers here

OmegaXIIOmegaXII Member Posts: 844

Do you play nice? Like no camping, slugging, etc.

Comments

• DeathsCrimsonMaidenDeathsCrimsonMaiden Member Posts: 33

The only time I camp was when the survivor was just a piece of sh*t the entire match.

Slugging is kinda just a bandaid for lack of pressure, IMO slugging isn't even toxic

• Konnor24Konnor24 Member Posts: 33

I used to. Now i have to tunnel to get kills.

I never used to tunnel before the latest patch and averaged 3 kills per game with one getting out through the hatch usually, now its almost a necessity.

• ExerlinExerlin Member Posts: 588

Only if I'm already winning by a large margin. If it's a stomp, I normally let the last person go. Other than that, I do whatever I think is the best thing to do in the moment

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 1,769

I never played nice, and will never play nice. I always use everything at my disposal to win, unless I realise that the team is truly completely potato.

Survivors are never nice to me, so why should I?

• ccactus623ccactus623 Member Posts: 9

I play a lot of killer and some survivor so I know what it's like to be tunneled and camped. I play as fair as the game let's me. So if I'm being trashed I play to win. If I'm trashing the survivors I might slug instead of hook or just ignore a survivor to be fair.

• ImmortalReaverImmortalReaver Member Posts: 221

Tunneling and slugging isn't mean, it's part of the game. But I hate when killers allow survivors to live. It makes legitimately surviving less important. I don't allow survivors to live and I don't let a killer let me go.

• DeathBeamDeathBeam Member Posts: 156

I prefer to slug and proxy camp on my builds.

• BloodyNightsBloodyNights Member Posts: 418

I try not to tunnel, or camp. Unless...the person was being quote on quote, pretty toxic. If you're gonna teabag me at every pallet, I'll probably kill you that much quicker when I do get you.

Only time I might do something seen as tunneling, is if I just happen to see them again during my patrols, before seeing anyone else. I'm not, not going to chase them.

Only exception to my no tunnel rule is when I'm badly losing, like there is 1 maybe 2 gens left, and everyone is alive. I need someone dead at that point. So thems the breaks I guess.

I pretty much never face camp, unless I just want this person to die no matter what. Even when all the gens are finished, I kind of just move away far enough to not lose chaser.

I tend to let the last survivor go. Mostly just being nice, and besides...they can keep their fancy item for the next game....

• Goat_WorshipGoat_Worship Member Posts: 73

You can't tell me you don't feel kinda bad when you realize a rank 16 baby Claudette or something has found their way into your red ranked game.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 2,647

No, I don't play nice. Kinda hard these days, but I really don't have a reason too

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 13,748

I never have played nice and never will.

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 5,317

Depends on what the situation calls for. I'll usually match whatever the survivors are doing. If they want to rush the hook the second I leave, I'll tend to hang around expecting an unhook and make that altruism backfire, for example.

• AlbinoVieraAlbinoViera Member Posts: 47

I try not to camp unless both gates are open, get more points if I don't just watch a guy die for 2 minutes. I definitely slug and tunnel though. Normally I'll slug if they have DS or if there's others nearby. Why should I let them keep working on a gen or have a chance of getting a flashlight save? With tunnelling it's on purpose typically when they have a Key, but 9/10 times I just happen to find the recently hooked person first because they're healing nearby or they've left me a gold & red trail to follow.

Gotta admit, find it funny when they call you toxic and a coward, if anything it makes me do it more.

• T2KT2K Member Posts: 515

I saw you 4k slugging on swamp with huntress at the beginning of the match :P what a meanie xD

• SpannungsstoßSpannungsstoß Member Posts: 917

I slug most of my games, its an excellent way of keeping survivors occupied.

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 5,317

Was it the Grim Pantry one?

If it's the one I'm thinking of, they know what they did. Each time I'd hook someone, someone else would start running over like I couldn't see them.

• QsKaaQsKaa Member Posts: 39

True. Hook diving / camping with survivors - never alone and getting free 1kg of salt in post game chat thats the best parts of playing killer against boosted red ranks sluppeks

• T2KT2K Member Posts: 515

Yeah it was. They played really bad and deserved that tbh ^^

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 4,731

No reason to. I personally respect DS because I know how to utilize slugging for pressure but I will proxy against altruistic survivors.

• MiniPixelsMiniPixels Member Posts: 209

I never really camp anyone unless it's an OoO following me the entire match, I never used to tunnel all that much, but to win games without ruin I have to more often now.

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 3,113
    edited January 23

I have slugged all 4 survivors to death after my Barbecue stacks, I don't care, I'll play how I like, people have DC'd from it so they lost BP, their items, etc, makes me double happy as red ranks are cocky.

• XergeXerge Member Posts: 828

No, as a matter of fact I've started slugging more than usual.

• OmegaXIIOmegaXII Member Posts: 844

I usually play nice, even that will costs my match. But after reading the comments, should I continue to play nice?

• XergeXerge Member Posts: 828

When did this moral code that is about giving survivors more second chances started?

Don't know, but maybe it's just me doing that. I just want everyone to have fun.

Is it even possible to get into red rank by playing nicely?

• LegionMain343LegionMain343 Member Posts: 118

Only to those nice to me c: