Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What's the most overpowered killer?

Comments

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

Tbh, Spirit with addons is, at base she's FINE.

The top tiers (Nurse, Spirit, Hag and Billy) aren't really more powerful than each other at base to be honest. They all shine in their own way.

If the survivors weren't dumb as @thesuicidefox said, Spirit wouldn't be OP at all.

• TommyFredoTommyFredo Member Posts: 48

Exactly. Majority don't know what to do. What are the odds of getting a 4 man of all experienced players that can play her with no problem. Even if I know how to counter her, doesn't mean my teammates do. This causes me to waste precious gen time on unhooks, pallet/flashlight saves, taking hits, etc. A 3 legged dog can get a 2-3k easily, especially in today's Red Ranks.

• nicknacknicknack Member Posts: 253

Nea is the strongest killer obviously 🙄. She is the most fearful killer of them all she can mess up survivors be to doc and can leave people on hooks.

so there you have it nea is the strongest killer

• DalauanDivineDalauanDivine Member Posts: 126

Me

• BloodyNightsBloodyNights Member Posts: 526

I mean Overpowered is a stretch. It's not a guaranteed win playing as either of these. But...

I think Freddy, and Spirit are really strong. Freddy just has tons of pressure being able to basically delete, Borrowed time. Makes it difficult to determine his location while asleep. And ends most loops very quickly. The teleporting to gens also makes him have a lot of pressure anywhere on the map.

Spirit, I also feel is very strong. Maybe I don't know how to play against her but like...I feel like as soon as I take a single hit from her, and am injured it's over. She will phase walk and zoom after me before I can get anywhere, if I stop she see's that I stopped because lack of scratch marks, if I run around in circles she stops, if I keep running she catches me. And if I'm injured she just listens for that. Pretty annoying honestly...and there never seems to be a window near by for me to use.

But yeah, that's really it for me. My annoyance with Billy is his amount of chainsaw swings that hit...but they don't even look like they are close. Not really him.

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Wear headphones and pay attention. Doesn't get much easier than that.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,112

None currently

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

When did I say Freddy was OP? Or needed a nerf? All I said about Freddy was that one specific build isn’t fun to play against.

Many people say Billy is OP.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I’m glad somebody else sees it.

When I play Spirit I often see Nea plays just sit on the other side of the pallet....as if they think if they wait long enough Spirit will just go away.

A lot of playing against M1 killers is reacting to what they do. With Spirit and Nurse you need to predict what they’re going to do. I think people struggle with this part.

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Yesterday, I had a Nea that just hid for most of the end of the match. It was so aggravating. She just got in a locker until the birds started chirping, come out to get them off and got back in. It was only her and I, and I got tired of running from the Hag that I just gave up. I can’t run and do gens at the same time.

Im just happy the Hag didn’t let her escape.

• AcromioAcromio Member Posts: 1,737

Survivors.

• WRussoWWRussoW Member Posts: 715

Spirit haters are a whole new breed, I'm telling you. If you easily deal with survivors when you play as the Spirit, I'm sorry, you'd probably played against potatoes.

All people who hate the Spirit talk about her skillcap. Well, it seems Freddy is a whole new level of gameplay!

• CoderCoder Member Posts: 690

Nea.

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 5,571

None. Some are just more viable than others.

• silverwolf4455silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 495

I feel the reason is he is just played more on consoles because he is prolly the easiest to play of the high tier killers.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227

And unlike reaction skill, prediction skills are not easy to learn or teach. Some people might never be able to do it.

I know pro eSports players that have a hard time with this stuff. And then there are others where they just do it naturally. You can tell the former because when they get put against a player the doesn't quite follow the "norm" of what they are used to they struggle. You can tell the latter because they have the power to condition their opponent and read every move they make.

Tokido of Street Fighter fame is a good example of the latter. This guy is able to condition his opponents in high level matches and BODY them. I remember seeing him facing off against someone on an Evo stream in SF4, I think it was top 16. These games are best of 3, so he literally threw the first match to condition the guy to expect wake up dragon punch every time (among other things). He almost perfected him the next two matches because they guy couldn't help but to react to what Tokido wanted him to react to, then he punish him for the mistake.

It's an innate ability. Either you can do it or you can't. Most people can't, hence they struggle against Spirit. You can learn it but it's not at all easy. You have to become very conscious of what you are doing and actively avoid patterns, which goes against human nature.

• LaughyTaffyLaughyTaffy Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2020

Legion

His ultra rare add-on is op. If he hits someone, his terror radius is heard from across the map. AND he instantly breaks pallets when he vaults them in frenzy. One of his perks allows him to see a generator if two or more people are working on it. Finally, he has a perk where if someone gets out of a locker, he can see them. If he doesn’t get removed or debuffed soon then DBD is messing up.

Post edited by LaughyTaffy on
  • DawnMadDawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

Stat wise Freddy.

Capacity wise Nurse, Spirit and Billy for the top players.

And lastly my unconventional opinion, Deathslinger. Against really good deathslingers every corridor, every window and basically every loop can become a death trap. He doesn't have much counterplay since other than pallets, the moment he gets LoS he can get a hit (if he is good).

• MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 3,242

I'd probably say Spirit as well, but I don't think she is overpowered.

Nurse is stronger than Spirit but she is a lot harder than Spirit, that's why I think Spirit might be the strongest Killer because she is easier.

• Con_IncCon_Inc Member Posts: 132

Other survivors in my games their stupid mistakes kill me more than any one killer.

• MarcusMarcus Member Posts: 2,047

From what I see, almost nobody says that Billy is OP.

• TaigaTaiga Member Posts: 366

Freddy, Spirit does take skill to play btw.

• JoelwinoJoelwino Member Posts: 550

Freddy. While other top tier killers like Nurse, Billy and Huntress take some semblance of skill to do well with, Freddy just has too much power for how easy he is to play.

• MewMew Member Posts: 1,667

idk about overpowered but, there are definitely braindead killers

like freddy and spirit, they take barely any skill to play but get extremely high rewards from their powers

• SmarulKusiaSmarulKusia Member Posts: 517

Actually, the strongest killer among ALL ranks has been Freddy - Spirit is up there but Freddy is definitely more overbearing than spirit

• SmarulKusiaSmarulKusia Member Posts: 517

Most people think that running to create distance is a good strategy, but most don’t know when to stop running and when to engage lol..

went up against a NOED, Ebony mori Spirit today that got steam rolled by me and my friends.

• bjorksnasbjorksnas Member Posts: 4,229

If you think its easy you go try it. If you are gonna make a claim this bold at least then show us. And yes of course you can do good with purple and green addons thats their design to be good to boost both good and bad players but I have seen amazing spirit players make due with anything from a brown and a yellow, to no addons at all.

• MiniPixelsMiniPixels Member Posts: 528

I honestly believe that without add-ons there is not a single killer in the game that is overpowered at the moment, gens simply fly way too fast, I feel like I don't even have to try as survivor anymore as games go by so damn quickly. The strongest killer at the moment is the Nurse, but the amount of practice it takes for that pay-off almost isn't even worth it since you can perform close to the same as nurse if you play spirit and you have an active brain cell.