Welcome to the Dead by Daylight forums! Please take a moment to read through the forum rules before posting: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Nurse nerf

124»

Comments

• Ramxenoc445Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 425

She'll get one of these too you keep talking like that.

• DingDongsDingDongs Member Posts: 530
    edited October 2019

Can we have 110~115 movement speed nurse by default?

• Well i think its an insanely pointless change that wont do anything. The devs said the reason they did this was to help players break line of sight with the nurse but thats not even an issue really and even if it was this change doesnt help that. Rather than helping the survivors break line of sight it just make it to where the nurse can see you but cant get to you. If they really wanted to change her power then they should have made her fatigue a little longer. So yeah they shouldnt have touched her base power.

• Vigi1antVort3xVigi1antVort3x Member Posts: 89
    edited November 2019

Old response but ever since the nerf, she been consistently losing popularity with players. Now instead of the nurse, we have Spirit who everyone hates even more.

• Snow_LepSnow_Lep Member Posts: 223

Let's just note. A very good Nurse will still hit you in those 2 blinks and never have to worry about that recharge being an issue. If the Nurse hits her blinks the first time, the recharge doesn't do anything against her. It only removed quad-omega-blink from the list of BS to face. Homestly it's not much of a nerf to good nurses who can hit blinks with no issue.

• BhSMRTBhSMRT Member Posts: 32
    edited November 2019

Sorry, you're thinking of god tier Nurse's. "Most" Nurse's were just really good with her, and these changes when playing against good survivors will not "always" hit you with those 2 blinks. Get real.

"Just hit your blinks 100% of the time, every time 5head" With changes that make that incredibly difficult. There's been plenty of posts on here that go into the details as to why what looks like a minor change is a massive one, but thankfully we have people like you to remind us that it's basically the same, just hit your blinks.

Word to the wise, devs, a killer should be strong without addons. Any killer that is reliant on addons to be strong is bad design. This game is filled with it and addon issues you just barely got around to addressing. Like, how has Doctor been out this entire time and you think that his pitiful distance for his shock is acceptable? You literally NEED a range addon for it. FOR A KILLER THAT'S ALREADY GARBAGE WITH OR WITHOUT IT! lol. You don't need an entire rework to simply buff the range of his shock, but you can't even do that because you're so afraid, or incapable, of balancing your game.

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 1,357

Time to start playing Spirit... Was a good run Nurse.

Glad they haven't touched Billy...

• chosun129chosun129 Member Posts: 22

Interestingly, nobody in the development group talks about console nurses.

The developers seem to blatantly ignore console users.

• OswinOsgoodOswinOsgood Member Posts: 184

I used to play her a lot on ps4 i dont think it would be too bad if we could have better frame stability and actually SEE things xD

• pandorayrpandorayr Member Posts: 381

Nurse on consoles needs more sensitivity or auto aim (true history)

• GHERBEARRULESGHERBEARRULES Member Posts: 96

Console didn't need that though

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,398

I'd just be happy if they made it so you could see where the hell you are going to blink. I'm good with the blink charge timers.

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 2,111

The add on for that is now common, so not exactly hard to have a stack of. Once you play her a bit you don't really need them any more.

• JetpackRobinJetpackRobin Member Posts: 15

I do not think that recharge is a good way to balance a killer. It isnt fun for the players for the most part. Granted I do now know how else to fix this but I wish there was a better way. I do not play Nurse buy being able to blink like she used to be able to isnt good and I dont think recharging blinks is good either.

• OmansOmans Member Posts: 406

So they made her difficulty actually match her insane potential to win games. And yet all these nurse mains are crying because they are realizing they actually have to be better than the survivors they are facing now (let's face it, in red ranks the highest number of boosted killers looking for easy wins was nurse players).

If I miss my hatchets as huntress I am punished by having to go reload. Nurse, the killer with the highest level of difficulty, now is unable to spam blinks until everyone is dead. That is a good thing.

If I miss my hatchets, I am heavily punished. That is fair, because huntress is a strong killer, able to end chases quickly.

If you miss your blinks, you are heavily punished. This is fair, because nurse is the killer who is able to end chases as fast as/faster than the rest of the killer roster.

Yes, the change sucks for new players. But, oh, wait, new players shouldn't be starting with nurse.

• Eye66Eye66 Member Posts: 613

Welp, to hell with everyone trying learn nurse I guess? And she controls so poorly on console this nerf made it even wosre.

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 1,834
    edited January 23

Nurse needs to spam blinks, because she is slower than survivor at base. How can you complain about that? Its like complaining about other killers spamming the W button in order to catch survivors.

And Nurse can't end chases nearly as fast as she used to be. A survivor getting hit and running forward can waste atleast 20-30 seconds of the Nurse's time, because that physically how long it takes for her to catch up again (assuming she used 2 blink for the hit), thats only slighty faster than a regular 115% speed M1 killers takes.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 1,569

It's a legit strategy that is utilized. People straight up hold W and make distance for the first blink cycle, then turn a corner and make it a 50/50 play. The math works out relative to gen speed when you factor in blink charge time and cooldown time, especially if survivors start running at 32 meters. She can't catch everyone and down them to 4k if they hold W on a large map. They made her counterplay completely braindead. Intended design btw.

• TroTro Member Posts: 179

She is now the weakest killer at any rank. The only pple who still say she’s Op are talking without proof. She needs buffed base speed, or remove the blink c/d, or remove the fatigue. As she is now her kill rate is the lowest of all killers. It’s not fun to play as her or against her.

• SpannungsstoßSpannungsstoß Member Posts: 1,038

Maybe the weakest killer at your rank, but experienced players can still get her to kick ass.

This is exactly what I’m talking about. Show some proof, we have.

At my rank? Lol. I’m rank 1 3 months in a row, probably the player with most hours played on my console.

edited January 23

She has one of the lowest kill rate of any other killer both overall and on red ranks.

Ohh and by this logic, then all killers, maps, addons and perks don't need to be changed or reworked because "Experienced players can still get it to kick ass"...

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 3,023

If out in the open its slower. Time save with Nurse is by passing through objects. In the open she is effectively a 4.3 m/s killer if using full charge double blinks.