The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

People need to stop complaining about gen times

I’ve been playing a lot of solo survivor. The killer wins the vast majority of games.

The fact is red ranks are completely watered down now. I’ve seen so many boneheaded moves and 5 second chases.

You all complain you’re getting genrushed but I see killers consistently win, most importantly - BHVR’s own stats agree with this.

Sorry if you’re not getting kills but that doesn’t mean that killers across the board aren’t getting kills. No killer is getting less than 2 kills per game on average.

A team of 4 survivors who are all exceptional and on comms can be very hard yes but teams of 4 high calibre survivors are quite rare. You don’t don’t get get that outside of a few swf groups. Randoms will always have a potato or two in there.

TL:DR stats indicate killers have been performing mostly ok. Killers still seem to be performing mostly ok. Many people were winning without using Ruin before anyway.

Comments

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 4,731

Surprised to see you of all people say this, but I find only truth in your post. Thanks.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 1,412

The devs have posted the stats themselves and I’ve seen them post on here that every killer is getting at least 2 kills on average.

I just had a game with purple ranks who got butchered by a green rank. These survivors were just going down constantly and often times together. It was only when the killer chased me that it bought them time to recover and get some work done. That isn’t the exception - its the norm for these games, but you don’t hear me complaining about how hard it is to win.

Ask Peanits or Almo about the stats. Have you not even read anything they have been explaining recently?

Now that is a much more interesting question.

Right now in most games we aren’t even close to getting an escape. However with new rank reset these red ranks genuinely play like green ranks, no exaggeration.

The red ranks of old rank reset were a different beast, though the stats say killer was performing just as well.

You are right though it is a chicken and egg scenario.

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 238

I have double checked and found them referring too the November statistics NOT current statistics.

There is no dev proof given as of yet (I have seen a dev post saying they are coming though) about the post ruin nerf killer KRs

Oh brother..

Ok killers are getting genrushed in 3 mins every game and the devs did it partly just to rake in survivor cosmetic money and partly because they like to troll killer players.

That seems to be all thats ever posted on here. It MUST be true!

• ChunChunMaruChunChunMaru Member Posts: 44

Map design is the real issue. Gen speeds happens to be the symptom. But y'all really need to stop saying stuff like "killers win all the time" and "teammates are bad/red rank survivors are watered down" in the same breath. To me, it obviously means survivor players need to get better. Because 4 real red ranks survivors (not even swf), are very strong. Meaning, if survivors become better in the game, they can do the same thing. Killers are farmers at this point, just harvesting the potatoes that are unfortunately being fed to them.

• UnicornUnicorn Member Posts: 917

I’ve only escaped about 4-5 times while playing for at least 6-7 hrs yesterday solo’ing. You are speaking facts.

Everytime they have talked about killers....they have indicated that killers for the most part are doing fine.

Just look at the other day, when everyone asked for pig buff and we were told shes doing fine. They are using more than just one silly graph ffs

If you think the majority of the roster was severely underpowered and struggling to get kills do you not think they would have done something by now? considering the “SURIVOVZ OP DEVS HATE KILLERS” myth has been running now year after year after year.

I mean just look at the posts in this forum. Straight up conspiracy theories about how the entire development team hates killers and sits there scheming of ways to hurt them. Or how a strong killer gets a few little tweaks and suddenly its doom and gloom and now there are no killers worth left using anymore.

Its sad. It comes across as so entitled.

I dont get why you all have this “us vs them” mentality either. I would bet a large chunk of the playerbase participates in both roles.

• switchswitch Member Posts: 463

Yeah its really hard for 3 people to hold m1 for 80 seconds, no offense if holding m1 on gens took skill i would be with you, but since you lose games against players that are under your skill level it starts to get frustrating and guess what happens with something that is frustrating... bingo you don't do it anymore.

• Dokta_CarterDokta_Carter Member Posts: 591
    edited January 23

You do realize some key data can be missing from most of the devs stuff, i.e. they could be trying to look at gen speed and see if it is the problem or if the problem is the map/lack of other objectives? Which these two are data that needs a bit more info on.

@Peanits or others can probably tell us more when they know more, but Gen speed is a symptom of a problem, and im sure devs know that by now

• Cassandra_AlexandraCassandra_Alexandra Member Posts: 167

I’ve played a ton since the update and have had the same experience. Very few escapes.

• xllxENIGMAxllxxllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 914

I've been dominating lobbies as a 2-man SWF since two days. The only defeat i've taken is from a god Nurse yes they do exist. Gen get done very quickly i've never had that much fun as survivors but as killers it's another story.

Nurse , Hillbilly and spirit is still the way to go because we know where the issues are. The toolboxes nerf won't stop gen rush because if everyone go to different and watch gen placement it's a easy win. It's all about strategy but loops on Ormond/haddonfield/suffocation Pit/ Fractured Cowshed/Distrubed Ward are insanely strong and time consuming that it's unfun for killers.

• JackJesterJackJester Member Posts: 1

Maybe you have better luck than me but i run into talented survivors more often than not. Which wouldnt bother me ao much but so many DC the moment the match doesnt go their way just to acrew the killer out of pointa and pips... Its ok for survivors to be poor sports but everyone expects killers to just let survivors run all over them and then be graceful avout it

• goat10emgoat10em Member Posts: 719

Well done. I always complain about gen times. But all of your anecdotal evidence has convinced me that my anecdotal evidence is incorrect.