We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

How do you feel about the Gen speeds now?

I just gave up XD. I use only one slowdown perk (pop), and in the most cases bq,noed and Franklin's.

Honestly, if I pressure them correctly,it's not that bad. But I gotta say, most games end at least at 2 gens left. I dunno, I might buy plague to get corrupt or just equip sloppy.

How about you? Let me know down below.

Comments

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 4,731

Don't feel any different. Haven't tried survivor yet so can't say for sure.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 8,873

With nothing affecting the Generators they are fine, but the main issue is what affects them

Toolboxes, PTS, Map design

This makes generators hard to deal with, but I heard some news about Toolboxes

• silverwolf4455silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 468

Well the base speed I think is fine. If they change toolboxes like they said that would be helpful. They had also mentioned they boted the concerns of map size.

I understand them wanting to have map diversity but some of these maps (over 180m) are just to big to give pressure unless you are a high mobility killer.

The only reason killers are still getting 3 and 4ks is because the ranking system and new rank reset are not good. The pipping requirements need to be adjusted for survivor so that thre arent so many potatoes in red rank.

I dont know how they can fix the lack of killers.... played many games with all 4 red rank survivors and a green rank killer. This doesn't make for a fun or fair game. (Just thoughts on where I think the game needs to move for better health)

• AdvorsusAdvorsus Member Posts: 117

I've said it before, they need a slight nerf, mainly in the multiple survivors on one area. I've been running discordance a lot more now. But really I just don't like how geared towards survivors the game has become. Someone else on here explained it well. It's supposed to be a horror survival experience with the killer being heavily favored. Especially when I'm playing as a survivor, I want to feel like I'm at a disadvantage, like I have to actually play smart. I want to feel at least slightly worried. But these days I feel like the killer is a laughable inconvenience that merely slows me down from escaping, but poses no real threat. Part of this issue does come from familiarity. But mostly it's from how heavily catered to survivors this game has become. With so many perks to save myself from being hooked or downed, plus perks to constantly keep track of the killer, plus flashlights and fireworks and keys, plus giant maps and infinite loops, I never worry about escaping. I know it's going to happen. If it doesn't its usually because I purposely played bad because I was picking on the killer. When you can actually pick on the killer in a game that's supposed to be a psuedo horror game, you know something's wrong.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 287

It's pretty bad and also sad when playing survivor that it's over too fast. As killer you have to build around the end game instead with Noed, which for me has worked well. I think Noed is the new Ruin that so many will use, and so many survivors will complain so they will nerf it big time.

• NurseMainBTWNurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531

Didn't use ruin so it didn't really change. I have games where I managed do dominate and some where Gens are done so fast I don't honestly get what I could have done to stop it.

But, I think that an increased time to Gens would be justified still. Even tho a second objective would be WAY better.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSHCLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 1,052

I dunno why, but on eu north and east we have a 5 minute queue on killers (lately) and a quarter of a second for survivor! In my region there is no lack of killers so I can't judge xd

• silverwolf4455silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 468

It's the opposite in NA est. Insta killer queues and long survivor queues, atleast 2 to 3 minutes as solo... longer for swf.

• Colton147Colton147 Member Posts: 525

Generator speed is fine as is.

I have no issue applying extreme pressure when I'm playing Clown.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 1,563

I don't have as much of an issue with the speeds when I'm on killers that disregard safe pallets. I think it's a map/tile issue rather than a gen issue.

• WeskerWesker Member Posts: 217

Well, you're against low rank survivors then lol

I don't know which killers are you playing but you are completely wrong. If you're a god tier Nurse yes, all is going pretty well for you

• DustinDustin Member Posts: 608

Generator repair speed is fine maps need to be smaller or generators just need to spawn closer together. Although ideally maps are smaller so generators aren't moved closer without proper surroundings and obstacles.

The main reason maps need to be smaller is so there is more killer / survivor interaction instead of a survivor having no action for at least even half the match because they are on the other side of the map while everyone else is getting chased. Also it would mean less time it takes for the killer to go from generator to generator meaning the generator isn't completed by the time they reach it.

• SnitzSnitz Member Posts: 77

The base of 80 seconds and stacking speeds are fine, the problem comes in with toolboxes that make gens take 53 seconds, and killers who have no pressure in the early game, this can be fixed with CI, but I don't know if devs will allow it to be mandatory on low mobility or setup killers.

Reducing toolbox speeds might be a decent fix if the nerf is strong enough, but I think they are flawed by design and giving them another function entirely would be even better, though I'll admit that I have no idea what they could do with them other than making skill checks easier and making gens silent.

• Furry_FuccboiFurry_Fuccboi Member Posts: 30
    edited January 24

Exactly this, as well as one other consideration: Map size. If I got survivors that I knew were either using weak or no toolboxes, and I knew I was getting maps the size of Coal Tower, I would never use slowdown perks. I wouldn't need it. The reason Ruin was so prevalent was because of maps like Ormond or Red Forest, where by the time I walk across the map to find the first survivor, they've already finished a gen because it takes so long. Reduce map size, or scale gen times off the square footage of the map, and nerf toolboxes, and the game speed is perfect.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 2,231

To me the gen times feel fine if I am playing one of the stronger killers and don't get one of the really unbalanced maps.

• toxicmeggtoxicmegg Member Posts: 408

i feel nothing has changed, i still have decent matches as both killer and survivor.

• EchorionEchorion Member Posts: 1,683

I think toolboxes are a problem, without them gen speeds seem fine to me.

Standard repair time is like 80 seconds, that's fine, no problem, but if everyone has a yellow or better toolbox suddenly it's 50-60 seconds. So if everyone takes one, it's like having an entire extra survivor on your team doing gens. That's crazy.

Not as broke as say, a Mori, but still problematic. Then you stack them together with another person, and you have them being done so fast that you can't even do anything about it usually.

• HuntarHuntar Member Posts: 685
    edited January 24

Agreed! I'm very glad that someone else on this site is speaking sense. I also think that killers should get blinded if they look at a generator while the generator completion notice is still active, since that's when the lights are brightest. I think that would do a lot to stop discouraging survivors from completing gens. Maybe even have killers move 15% slower after kicking gens from getting shocked. With how fast they regress, it's always really hard to finish one when the killer is nearby, especially with the new Ruin.

• ZagridZagrid Member Posts: 681

I deranked from not playing for months so I’m yellow rank now and ruin isn’t needed at those ranks. So I still dominate survivors that don’t do gens. But 99.9% of survivors are playing potato. Even if they are good I doubt nearly any survivors “try hard” only the toxic SWF actually try hard and even some of those groups are just made to bully killers and not to actually win.

• JakConstantineJakConstantine Member Posts: 59

Good question.

It really depends who you play against, if they have toolboxes, SWF, ranks, etc. Gen speed could do with a slight decrease or/and ruin, any gen slow down perks could do with a slight buff. Toolboxes are getting changed so I hope that's comes out soon as.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 2,713

Definitely too fast. Idk what I'm supposed to do with Legion on Rotten Fields.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 376

Gens can go fast, they can go slow, it's a gamble based on the survivors and the map.

You also said that your games usually end with 2 gens left...a 4k with 2 gens remaining is a good result? Idk why you're complaining about it if you're seemingly doing well...you're not supposed to have everyone on death hook by the time the 1st gen has popped.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSHCLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 1,052