Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Just let two gens go?

Comments

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 6,586

How could you not remember everything on the spot!!! Jk, it happens and was instantly corrected.

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 6,586

I'd recommend PWYF and maybe nemesis. That extra speed can help your chainsaw get more value so your ending chases alot faster. Indoor maps like Lerys, you can often get alot closer to gens than normal due to LOS blockers.

• PokemonGOPlayerPokemonGOPlayer Member Posts: 179

Guess NOED is the new Ruin as Killers have to give up early game now.

A bit less than 40% of Survivors' objective is now given every match they don't play like headless chickens because map are terribly designed and not patrollable, good to hear.

• AlmoAlmo Member, Dev Posts: 1,117

I am a Killer main. Something like 70% (or more) of my games are with Killer. I play mostly Pig, New Doc, Huntress and Wraith, but I play all of them to keep tabs on how they feel to play.

:)

• AdvorsusAdvorsus Member Posts: 765
    edited January 2020

I don't think they're going to change 3 gen strategies without having to change map layout which will probably fix infinite loops anyways. I think cutting off one part of the map and focusing that part, instead of the whole map, is a lot smarter and works in most of my games. Does it work every single time? No, nothing works 100% of the time, in anything. But I've had it work on large maps like coldwin and McMillan just last night with a level 1 doctor with only monitor and abuse and no add-ons. It does require set up in the beginning, and you do have to be smart about it. Set up on one side, prioritize objectives.

1. Gens that are close together

2. The strength of nearby loops and pallets

3. Is your totem if you have one within this area?

Not all these things are gonna line up perfectly but it's not just GG if they don't. If you prioritize in this order you'll find it a lot easier.

Try and chase someone in your area at the beginning of the match so they don't have nearby pallets later on. It's okay if this part doesn't always happen. But a big thing is stay away from the middle of the map!!! They usually feature large survivor friendly structures that waste your time. If it's not too far out of your way you can apply pressure here but it's not a priority. Are there ways to counter this? Yes. But most people don't realize you're doing it until it's too late. I 3-4k most games like this regardless of killer/map. You just have to be smart about it.

I also think they should remove red stains, heart beat, and scratch marks altogether and implement a mechanic that keeps killers from hook camping. This will require more strategy on both sides and be a lot scarier.

• OMagic_ManOOMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Do you hear anyone go "oOoH I hAtE sUrVivOr pLayeRs!!!"

This isn't about your damn bias or general audience, this is about flaws in how a game mechanic is designed vs. map design, how many times must I repeat this, we don't want all the gens done in less than 3-4 minutes, we don't 4 gens done by the time we find one survivor, stop it.

• The_Bootie_GorgonThe_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

I've started not worrying about gens and instead have been focusing my perk setups on things that help me find/track survivors so that I can give them hugs...

• XergeXerge Member Posts: 928

Clown's new cosmetic sure fits with the current state of the game.

• EZ5kEZ5k Member Posts: 233

A balance team member, at the least, should have the same knowledge of the game as a high rank player. If being on camera shakes you up so badly you can't remember a core perk, perhaps you shouldn't be the face of the balance team, as it reinforces the already created image that the team doesn't know how their game is played.

At rank 18 maybe. If you played consistently in high ranks you wouldn't advocate for half of what you push for

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,031

I believe their point was adjusting strategy to the map in question. Not they weren't going to continue working on maps to balance them out better.

• BigTimeGamerBigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

Huntress on Haddonfield or Temple etc

jUsT mINdgAME

even with a 3-gen setup, those maps are actually cancer

• snozersnozer Member Posts: 776

All 3 genning does is painfully prolong the inevitable.

You either give chase and lose a gen, or you patrol gens and watch them sloooooowly get completed but nobody dies.

Not to mention they consider it a bannable offense if you're good enough at it lmao

• Dokta_CarterDokta_Carter Member Posts: 614

Wait what? But aren't they promoting it now to focus on a smaller group of gens now?

If you make it last for more than 10 minutes, it's bannable as "holding the game hostage".

• DarKStaR350zDarKStaR350z Member Posts: 571

I disagree that defending a cluster is easy, you can still only chase 1 of 4 people at a time.

Letting gens go creates huge dead zones for killers that survivors can retreat to every time they are chased or hit.

If the killer stays to defend the other gens then you have half the map to safely heal and repeat indefinitely.

If the killer chases and you are not an absolute potato then in the time you’re being chased those other gens are getting done and 80 seconds is not difficult to be chased for.

A killer can’t just defend gens, you have to commit to a chase at some point and when you do say goodbye to a couple of gens.

Now after all that you are expected by the emblem system to do that 9-12 times, not including time taken picking up, hooking and walking.

Ive seen slugging suggested but again the emblem system punishes you and if you slug and 1 hook everyone because they didn’t heal or save, then even killing all 4 will not rank you up.

Survivor is designed to be fun to play by anyone at any skill level, whereas killers are expected to be over a very high skill level, but they can’t be too skilful because that would be unfun so there are harsh skill caps/ceilings on killers, there powers and perks.

You CAN get banned if you are purposefully holding people hostage and not hitting or hooking anyone. However you're not going to get banned for just slowing the game down during the mid game. If I run a 3 gen strat it usually takes 5-8 minutes to get to that mid game. Usually by this time I've already hooked a survivor and injured another. Then when I have my area I'll patrol it. It makes it more difficult to complete the objectives but not impossible. And I do engage chases and hook survivors still. But I'll have a radius that I won't go past. Survivors will try to get you to tunnel after them on the opposite side of the map in order for the other 3 to pop the remaining gens. There's nothing wrong with breaking a chase early to keep this from happening. And most of my matches don't go past 15 minutes with this strat. So yeah if you abuse it and hold them hostage, you'll get banned. But if you're just using the strategy to outsmart survivors and you still keep the game moving, i.e going for hooks and kills, you shouldn't be banned.

edited January 2020

I see. Thank you for the info. But lets say, there is a god loop on the map. And these survivors are only running towards it, and through it to the point where if you do chase them it means dropping the gens, and a chance at the other survivors?

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,899

So your saying the survivors get their own equivalent of an ebony mori at random in games(Remember mori's ultimately mean you die on second hook) just due to map spawns?

That is effectively what giving up 2 gens is giving survivors their equivalent of an ebony mori.

Omg.... A positive response... What is this feeling???? I... I don't know what to do with my hands... Thank you sir! :D

edited it so sorry if it diminished, but always say thanks for new info if you can and it makes the world a better place

I'd drop the chase. If I know I'm headed to an infinite loop I'll drop the chase and apply pressure elsewhere unless they're the last survivor. Because you'll never catch them and lose objectives. Go back, hit someone that's on the gens. They either have to heal, or risk getting hit again. I don't really slug either though. I'm not making it impossible for the survivors. I'm gonna hook my downed person, then go pressure a gen. Sure it gives them more chance to win if I'm not slugging, but slugging and 3 gen together just isn't fun to anyone.

edited January 2020

But if you do that, your sweaty, and should be banned because you aren't commiting to try and hook that person running.

Not that im discrediting you. This ia what most good killers would do

I don't believe you're sweaty for not committing to an impossible loop. It's just being smart. There's 1 gen that needs to be done and 3 gens left on the map, why waste your time chasing one person. Because if you chase that person the whole time you're tunneling, but if you don't you're sweaty? I think these are more just phrases that people use when they don't know how to handle different or difficult strategies. They expect you to chase one survivor for 5 minutes while all the others complete all the generators and then have all 4 of them escape with no issues. It's what they want and expect. So if you deviate from that, and they can't handle it, they're gonna create some reason in their head to explain away their inability to adapt to something that goes against what they normally deal with.

Either way, you're getting flamed at the end. If they run you for 5 gens and escape they call you a tunneling noob who needs to get good. If you 4k them they call you sweaty. If I'm getting flamed regardless, then yeah I'm killing some people and getting my bloodpoints lol.