Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
The PTB has been re-enabled. To those affected, we'll be sending out a large sum of Bloodpoints shortly for you to spend as you please. These Bloodpoints do not transfer back to the Live version of the game.

Your Live progress has not been affected by what happens on the PTB.

The most trash I've herd from dev's on stream

emptyCupsemptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Someone else wrote it down for me so hears screens from that

Comments

• Aura_babyyAura_babyy Member Posts: 583

I dont think you realize what making a perk to have less synergy truly means

You're assuming a nerf. Which it is. But you don't know to what exactly, other than synergy. For all you know, Pop can be changed so it doesnt work with perks like surge and let's say it gets tokens that let's you reset a gen down by 50% of the current progress.

Also, you see it here, they're not increasing base gen repair times, they're focusing on the toolboxes, which is the actual thing used to Gen rush.

This is quite a yikes to post when you ignore the rest of their q&a

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,847

What they were saying sounds fairly reasonable actually.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,343

My interpretation of it wasn't that they were refusing to acknowledge game length being an issue - on the contrary, they brought it up a couple of times - they just feel that there are more interesting and fun ways to slow down the game speed than just forcing players to hold M1 for twice as long.

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Just slug, it's surprisingly effective. Use perks like knock out and deer stalker to help you keep track and keep the survivors on their toes. It may be boring, but this is what we have to work with lately.

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,028

Well I mean...

We wouldn't want the survivors to be having a bad time would we?

After all, killers are only here to gift them fun and joy.

• Aura_babyyAura_babyy Member Posts: 583
  • PokemonGOPlayerPokemonGOPlayer Member Posts: 179

I'm astonished by how few people felt insulted by that "Go watch better Killers than you on Twitch to learn something, some of them are FogWhisperers :)".

Ignore Devs stream and play the game while it lasts, no point in getting angry as there's no way to solve anything.

The secondary objective is now totems since NOED is much more popular.

A true secondary objective would be too time consuming givent he current state of the game, probably.

• sorrowensorrowen Member Posts: 742

Bhvr won’t nerf the toolboxes like they destroyed ruin they will repair slightly slower. It won’t be much of a nerf at all if anything they will buff them in some way.

• emptyCupsemptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Do we know that tho ?

All they said is its being looked at... they could do anything including buff it. Even if they reduce the charges add ons still keep it going and you take it with you when you leave. Heck they could just make it more rare in the bloodweb and call that a nerf

Until we know

Idk

Why would you put that in quotation marks as though anything even remotely close to that was said in the stream?

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,611

I mean, they mentioned that 1. they`ll be keeping an eye on game speed 2. toolboxes are getting changed and 3. they said they`ve started an initiative to make maps smaller, you're just looking for reasons to be upset, like most people here. No surprises.

Its pretty much what they said... some of the tone is lost over text...

At the very least it's what I've understood from it

Fair enough.

But that all seems a long way off. They might make future maps smaller...(once a dlc)

but reworking all large maps ? Maybe one a year.

Toolbox being looked at? Doesnt mean a thing until I see a patch note confirming a real nerf I'm not holding my breath. Also many months away since it's not something they started yet

They said pretty much the opposite of most of those things.

They said that perks like DS, Adrenaline and BT are not used anywhere near as much as Ruin was, but they followed that up by saying that that did not mean those perks would never be changed, just that they wouldn't be changed due to overuse the way Ruin was.

They did acknowledge that game speed is an issue, which is why they revealed plans to make adjustments to toolboxes, shrink map sizes, and also look into making other changes to affect match length.

The reason they aren't changing survivor generator speed perks like Prove Thyself and Resilience is because they are statistically underused and are not the main cause of problems with repair speed and match length. That honour goes to toolboxes, which is why toolboxes are what they're choosing to focus on as a first step towards resolving the issue.

They did say that they have no plans to add a secondary objective, but they immediately followed that up by saying that they were instead looking into expanding on existing objectives like totems, and are exploring other methods for slowing down the game, including those mentioned above.

In short, just because they're not implementing the exact solutions you think they should be does not mean that they don't recognise and are not working to fix issues with the game. Presenting as though they just don't care and aren't planning to do anything about it is disingenuous and misleading, and there's far too much of that going around already.

But they didnt say what you said and all of that can be taken in a completely different light given the context

and they have done nothing but try to improve survivors experience at the expense of killers..

Actions. Along with language... being looked at and "doesn't mean never change" it doesn mean a gosh darn thing, its empty platitudes.

Go back and listen more about how they wont be changing many old maps and how difficult that would be to remake them all. Its not going to happen ANYTIME soon if at all.

Looking at toolboxes is anything from charges to availability in the bloodweb or how skillchecks are presented. Could mean anything until that changes I'm not giving up they wont buff toolboxes

edited January 2020

I listened to that stream for eight hours while I was making the post you cited in your OP. I know what they said.

And you're right, much of it was inconclusive, which is exactly the point I'm trying to make - that you shouldn't be acting as if they said they didn't care and weren't making any attempts to address these issues when they never said anything of the sort, and actually stated the exact opposite on several occasions.

If you don't believe them, say that you don't believe them. That's fine. But don't twist what was said to try to make it sound like your assumptions about their intentions are anything more than just that - assumptions.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 2,506
    edited January 2020

The devs have obviously multiple approaches to rebalance generators.

• Generator completetion duration
    • Skillcheck probability, difficulty and rewards/penalties
    • New [Insert alternative to current skillcheck]

The problem is that Survivors wont like having to hold M1 longer, but they dont want it to be more challenging or "requiring actual attention", too.

There are other ways to extend the game, of course, which don't necessarily involve affecting generators directly, like making totems a more lucrative side-objective, for example. So the devs might also be looking into exploring some of those.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,215

Quite the case of you only hear what you want to hear

Making it so slowdown perks have less synergy means they can make them stronger without it being an issue when stacked together

It's also funny how you highlighted they will not increase gen times and app completly ignore that they are looking at game speed and are looking at ways to slow it down