Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Ebony and Ivory Mori nerf when?

Comments

• IronIron Member Posts: 241

Oh I'm making things boring for everyone, I'm having a bad night so we'll see how many of 44 ebonies I go through on Wraith

• Polychrome_BakuPolychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404

Probably not the right time for this. Might want to wait for the wounds to heal a little bit, but go off. I'm sure you won't get any hate for demanding more killer nerfs after like 3 straight nerfs in a row.

• thunderflythunderfly Member Posts: 23

It's with the key removal patch

• Helevetin_nopeeHelevetin_nopee Member Posts: 408

A lot of the red rank SWFs are all using meta perks and trying to get the gens done as fast as possible.

• John_DoeJohn_Doe Member Posts: 236

That's funny two of those already received nerfs and killers still cry about them😂

• John_DoeJohn_Doe Member Posts: 236

And if you don't like borrowed time don't camp/tunnel it's a simple counter.

• RasinbranRasinbran Member Posts: 240

The issue is that 3 can escape in hatch with 1 gen left.

Considering the fact ruin now is gone, most killers will lose 3 gens on the first chase. A killer with experience will reduce that to 2 or maybe even 1 with a high mobility killer.

They are just continuously shortening the time killers have to 3 hook 4k everyone just to achieve their goal of 2 escapes and 2 sacrifices. They do this totally disregarding the simple rule of mistakes need to be punished and survivors make plenty of them while in a trial.

So you can take a seat asking for a mori nerf and add a different perspective to your biased views.

• silverwolf4455silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 495

Ivory mori is fine where it is... ebony mori should be after second hook.

• liquidlightliquidlight Member Posts: 323

What they should really do is make them more interesting.

As in... when the killer initiates the mori the killer and survivor experience a series of skill checks (however many necessary with the needle going faster each time) and first one to miss a skill check is the loser. If its the killer then the survivor escapes (doing some neat animation like kicking the killer in the face xD) and if its the killer then the mori carries on as normal. I would like that and it would give survivors a chance to get away and prolong the game.

• Flarefire_XxFlarefire_Xx Member Posts: 353

I am a killer main, just recently changed from survivor and I realized exactly what needed to be changed:

1. Keys and Mori’s need nerfs and reworks
    2. Toolboxes are broken af and need changes
    3. Maps need to be optimized so every killer is viable on every map
    4. So in conclusion the Mori’s, toolboxes and keys all need to be changed at the same time and Maps need to slowly be optimized
  • woundcowboywoundcowboy Member Posts: 1,306

Keys are the most broken item in the game. 3 people can escape without finishing the gens, which is absolutely busted.

Very specific conditions must be met. For three people to escape that means all but one gen was finished. lol

• JordanMaliciousJordanMalicious Member Posts: 372

If 4 survivors die to a Mori, chances are they were dead from the start.

• woundcowboywoundcowboy Member Posts: 1,306

Yea and that’s broken; it should never happen. The survivor objective is to finish 5 gens. Not 4.

• SleepyWilloSleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,140

Far from it. If the survivors are mori'd on first hook that's about 1/3rd of your objective as killer. If survivors escape with 5gens done that's basically all their objective done.

• JordanMaliciousJordanMalicious Member Posts: 372

I think no matter what this game will have bias and these arguments (as pointless as they are) will never stop.

The survivor objective is to survive. It's why they're called survivors. They are supposed to do gens in order to survive just like killers are supposed to hook (sacrifice) survivors but there are exceptions to both those things.

Survivors get a key to give them a chance to get through a hatch.

Killers get moris to allow them to kill survivors after one hook. Eboni lets them kill every survivor in the game this way. And... killers get the entity at EGC to kill survivors for them. And if we want to we can even say killers get a kill via bleed-out when they can't find a survivor they left down.

So survivors get one alternative to their end goal and killers have three. Hmm.

• TalmeerTalmeer Member Posts: 1,520

I am also for a mori change. Not because I think they need a change, but...

... Honestly the waiting times for survivors are not long enough yet.

I just lean back on my chair, read the killer nerfs that will probably going on and smile while I read threads from survivors who complain about longer and longer... waiting times for a match :).

And there the people say dbd would make no fun anymore^^.

• ReallyBigShoeReallyBigShoe Member Posts: 764

Right after both keys are nerfed, and DS is actually an anti tunnel perk instead of a superman perk.

• MikeasaurusMikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,326

I like the Moris, and rarely ever see them in a match anymore. They're more entertaining to die to than just mashing a button praying the hook won't kill you. Some of the killer moris are brutal and way better to die to! Why can't people seriously just enjoy the game for what it is instead of constantly demanding it be made worse, to only lower the amount of people who already don't play killer?

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,074

They need to be tweaked, but not until we fix the games imbalances like maps, toolboxes, keys and gen speed.

• snozersnozer Member Posts: 776

Removing chests and keys from the game when?

• VetratheneVetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

After keys get nerfed. Mori's have already been nerfed and are in a fine place now.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,283

They'll need them at the same time if they do it at all. The utter ######### storm they'd stir up otherwise would be too much.

Neither are really unfair. Just unenjoyable to play against.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,283

Yeah I have 7 Ebony Mori on Doc. He's only level 39.

Hmm BT counters camping killers. Don't camp, and it's a non issue. Adrenaline procs when the game is nearly over. It's basically survivor Noed. If one is fine, so is the other. DS is anti tunneling. Don't tunnel and you'll rarely get hit with it. Though I'd argue it does need tweaking.

• The_HordeThe_Horde Member Posts: 94
    edited January 2020

I wish every killer could t-bag. As far as getting first mori within first 3 minutes of the game, well that's about the same time as the first 2 gens pop so that seems fair to me.

• joker7997joker7997 Member Posts: 899

I have 100s of moris waiting on different killers just for players like you. The ability to have fun playing nice has been taken from me, and since survivors are generally not nice, I'm going to have fun cutting you guys to bits. Bring a key if you want, I'll mori you first

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Heres the way it is and I’m going to be blunt...

Moris

Survivors see a mori on the offering screen. They know they’re going to get taken out earlier than usual. They know it’s going to impact their ability to pip. They know it’s going to affect the points they earn.

What reason do they have to not quit on the loading screen?

Now before anyone has a go at me I am NOT endorsing that, I’m simply asking what incentive do they have to stay in the game? Some sort of moral code? Because it’s wrong?

One solution would be to make moris available on death hook only as has been suggested many times.

Another would be that if the killer uses an ebony mori, it acts as 2bps for survivors perhaps and maybe safety pip requirement is lowered for that game. Or just points whatever.

This way there would be an incentive for them to stay in. “Well I’m going to die early in this game and not likely to win but hey at least I’m going to get some decent points”

This allows killers to have their fun with moris and it offers something for the survivors too. Thats the way they seem to want to take this game - making it fun for both sides.

Likewise for killers. They see a key on the offering screen, what incentive do they have to not lobby dodge? They know that if they kill a few survivors then the remaining few get to escape early.

Now let me repeat again I am not endorsing any of this I’m simply pointing out that with moris and keys each side feels they are being cheated. If they aren’t going to be nerfed and that is becoming increasingly clear now then some kind of incentive should be offered to the opposing side.

• NoodleNoodle Member Posts: 103
    edited January 2020

It's always funny reading these nerf mori threads. It shows who wasn't around back when mori was actually brokenly strong. Back when a Billy could race across the map, down someone in the first 15 seconds of the game and then instantly remove them with a mori, no hook need. Mori offerings were already nerfed to require the killer to hook first before they can use it and that's a perfect middle ground balance for it. Requiring survivors to be on death hook before they can be moried would be pointless for killers. Why even run a mori at that point when they're already on death hook? You're not going to be saving yourself much time since most mori animations are decently long save for the Pig. Why waste the offering slot with a mori when you can use BP or map offerings in its place? The ebony and ivory mori really don't need any further change. There's no other way to nerf it without the offering becoming pointless to use tactically.

Little edit cause I forgot to add that if you can't mori a survivor till they're already death hook, then why mori and purposely give up the BP and emblem score? If they're already death hook you might as well get that last hook in and not penalize yourself as killer. The mori would lose its strategic use AND still hurt the killer point wise.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,633

give me one good reason to bring an ebony / ivory memento mori when they only work on deathhook.