Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

One tiny nerf to Doctor

124»

Comments

• DaGreenBoltDaGreenBolt Member Posts: 407

Well sure they are situation, but it can still be negated.

I forgot to list three other reasons on why he's a B tier, but here goes:

1. His anti-loop ability isn't always consistent:

The Reworked Doctor still suffers what the old doctor had which is a survivor can still vault a window or pallet, or throw down a pallet when using shock thearpy. The Doc mains have complained about this before the rework, yet it still isn't fixed.

2. Snap-Out of It reducing from Tier 3 to tier 1:

Idk what the devs were thinking when doing this, but the fact you can go from tier 3 to tier 1 is just why? Before the rework, as a doctor you needed to keep survivors at tier 3 for as long as possible, and keep getting them to tier 3. It's still the same case, as a Doc, to keep survivors off of gens, you need to keep survivors at tier 3, and going from tier 3 to tier 1 is just needing to shock every survivor individually.

3. Tier 3 madness doesn't do much to a survivor:

Sure, tier 3 madness prevents a survivor from healing, repairing gens, and interacting with objects, but that's it. In tier 3, they can still save survivors, run loops, and run the killer. To actually get a use out of Tier 3 madness, you need to run the purple add on that stop exhaustion perks at tier 3. Tier 3 madness should automatically stop exhaustion perks, and require a survivor to think more when in this madness state.

• EverflowingRiverEverflowingRiver Member Posts: 370
    edited January 26

I wish it was true. But if that were the case then the ruin nerf wouldn't have been put in so quickly.

Edit: I wish it was equal for both sides.

• douggie123douggie123 Member Posts: 730

Gtfo. Absolutely pathetic if see any more nerfs to n killers I swear to god I will n quit n this game and so will a massive u bunch of others. Your survivor mains have succeeded in destroying the game for the killer and you are still wanting more nerfs.

ALL KILLERS NEED MASSIVE BUFFS TI PERKS AND POWERS ETC.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 2,408

Oh look, another little nerd just going crazy over a nerf I suggest.

I guess you'll have to deal with it though, don't you? These are forums and I am allowed to post on matters I want to post about, and I am allowed to have my own opinion. I even said this is more about if the devs decide that Doctor needs a nerf in the future, and this does not exclude any buffs killers should receive next before nerfing any more killers.

Also, no I'm not a survivor main.

Oh and you really think all killers need massive buffs? Even the top tier killers? I could say that sounds pretty killer biased. The weaker ones sure. And many maps need to be made more balanced. But I don't think killers like Hillbilly need any individual buffs.

Well I agree with you there. I do want devs to balance more maps and buff weaker killers before they nerf any other killer. If anything, I just thought that if more people would complain about Doctor not having enough counterplay, this is the change I would like to see.

No idea why some people here are going absolutely nuts though. I even said in my main post that this more about if the devs decide to nerf Doctor.

I mean killers have received some nice buffs over the past as well. And with Ruin, honestly I haven't seen many posts about Ruin. I think that change happened because the devs realised that it was much more powerful at low ranks than at high ranks. And I agree that perks shouldn't be so differently powerful depending on the ranks of survivors. I just think the nerf happened to early personally.

If more maps were reworked, and more weak killers were buffed, this would have been much less of a problem, I'm sure of that.

The devs do seem to know that maps are still a problem though. So it's not like they are ignoring our feedback now. Maps are one of the biggest balance problems in this game. I can just hope they buff some other weak killers as well in the future.

• douggie123douggie123 Member Posts: 730

Could it be because killers are getting killed left right and centre. Killer is starting to b get ti the point nof unplayable sometimes if you played killer even a few times you would notice this. Surely common sense tells you a post like this is gonna cause an uproar especially due to the recent nerf to one of the killers perks which didn't need nerfs. The game is breaking and it's breaking for killers on a more regular basis than survivors.

Devs: We are gonna fix totem spawn locations

Dbd killer community : oh that would be good

Dbd survivor community : oh god ruin is too op even though we can simply destroy it.

Devs: well let's look at ruin, hang on what it needs is killed

Devs kill ruin

Dbd killer community: we need to resort to extremities I.e. Camping, tunneling, early moris, moved etc

Dbd survivor community: why are killers doing the camping etc

Devs: pretty good job so far

3 years down the line

Killer numbers drop to less than 10% of community

Rip DBD

Devs/ I feel we need to look at why our player base is slowly dying

Previous game file searching

Devs: oh maybe this is why, why did we listen to baby survivors

This is basically how it's gone and how it's going.

• emptyCupsemptyCups Member Posts: 486

Nah

I really dont want any more killer nerfs

Sorry you dont like his power to stop loops

But if you wanna give it a longer delay then make it injure survivors. Because shock is already pointless as is and I might as well just toss a hatchet instead to avoid 3 minute loops.

• Eye66Eye66 Member Posts: 696

Pretty much all killers has easy "just run" counterplay, the game is so crazily survivor biased you can only die from your own direct mistakes, so get better at chases and stop trying to nerf things unnecessarily because of your inexperience

Again this nerf is suggested by me from my experience as playing him, not against him. You can deny it all you want, won't change the factual fact though.

I do think this game still needs a lot of it's maps better balanced, and there are quite a few killers that still need buffs, especially Leatherface and Clown. But I don't think this game is nearly as survivor sided as you say. There is a fair amount of killers in this game that are still fairly viable, even against really good survivor teams.

Try and shock survivors whenever they are about to reach a pallet, and loop them around pallet loop. Trust me, at most normal loops you'll have to do this two times approximately, and then you'll catch them and get a hit against them. Unlike with old Doc, you can now catch up to survivors whenever they go for another loop if you deny them the pallet with your shock therapy whenever they approach the pallet.

• emptyCupsemptyCups Member Posts: 486

OP was asking for more of a delay.

I agree with you that it can be used to help a loop, but so many other killers close gaps better with lunges/dashes/projectiles.

A nerf like op suggested wouldnt help

Well I am the OP lol.

See my only concern is that more and more people will feel like there is too little counterplay against Doc because he can just shock you whenever you approach a pallet, so all you as a survivor can do is keep running around the loop until the Doctor catches up to you and then gets a hit. Which is why I suggested the increased cooldown. This way, survivors could try and dodge your shock, and afterwards still have a short time to reach a pallet or window to use against a Doc.

This does work occasionally even now, but in most cases, you outposition yourself when trying to dodge Doctor's shock therapy. So by doing that he gets a hit against you anyways. If Doctor had a slightly longer cooldown, survivors that manage to dodge his shock therapy would have a short time where the Doc can't attack them, being able to get to a pallet or vault before he can hit you again.

Pretty much just making that one counterplay of survivors a bit more viable. But as I said, this is a very early post on this matter and it was more just meant as a just in case post. Just in case the devs do feel like Doctor will need a nerf, I think this would be by far the best way to nerf Doctor. Because he would still be very strong in chases despite this nerf.

The more I play as him, and especially against him, the more I agree that he doesn't need a nerf though. Some survivors have shown me some good counterplay while playing as him in the meanwhile, and it seems like most people agree that he doesn't need a nerf.

I think he will only end up needing a nerf if most maps become much fairer for killer. Simply because his map pressure with Static Blast becomes better the smaller a map is, so at some point it might be needed to town down his chase potential just slightly. But we'll see about that.