Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Killers becoming more Toxic since Ruin Nerf

Ever since Ruin was nerfed, Killers in red ranks have become more and more Toxic. The use of Mori's have been increased, and Killers are tunneling survivors and face camping more than ever before. Something really needs to be done about this.

Comments

• arcnkdarcnkd Member Posts: 130

Hate to say it but this. Killers have come to rely on Ruin so much that it is ingrained in their minds that they can't play and enjoy the game without it; so they've started tunneling and camping in troves to make sure they get their kills instead of building BP from other gameplay. It isn't just the higher ranks though, it's almost every killer I have come across since the nerf. And funnily enough; generators are getting done the same speeds as pre-nerf even if they are being sweaty and toxic now. So Ruin wasn't really doing MUCH; but you know the devs of this game --- if survivors cry enough, the Devs will grant their wishes.

• IvaldiIvaldi Member Posts: 155

I've never seen anyone complain about Ruin being too powerful. The only issues were always the matches where a totem would be impossible to find. I mean it's become so bad I literally had a match last night where a Wraith sat invisible next to a hook just to instant down the survivor and Mori them or anyone that tried to get them.

Killers seem to forget that Survivors were nerfed into the ground as well.. Self Care? D-Strike? Insta Heals? Balanced Landing? And now BVHR is talking about nerfing Tool Boxes?

Killers already have a massive advantage over Survivors and toxic behavior using tunneling and mori's are what's causing the DBD community to move onto other games.

• arcnkdarcnkd Member Posts: 130

Personally, still feel like Self-Care needs a limit on usage per match.

• emptyCupsemptyCups Member Posts: 486

Let me ask you this... with DH, BT, DS and lots of second chance perks... 60 seconds on the hook to move states right ?

Can the killer reasonable find. Chase. Down, hook someone else in the same time 60 seconds or is it better to wait the state out.

Logically speaking each hook is one of 12 killer objectives. While each survivor has 1.5 objectives per game of 6(gen+gate)

If you want camping to change you have to give them more reasons to leave.

If you want tunneling to change you have to severely limit what an unhooked survivor can accomplish to make going after a fresh survivors worthwhile.

Tunnel vs juggle is an easy choice if both are in front of you I'd rather reduce my objectives from 12 to 9 and increase survivors objectives workload to 2

For some killers vs some survivors on some maps it's better or more reasonable to juggle. That's why I like plague or doctor and run thana because sickness and madness help you hinder and locate and thana slows the game down better on a juggle.

More powers and perks like that will encourage players to change strategies.

NOTHING and I mean NOTHING you can nerf will stop tunnels or camps you have to encourage them to leave and juggle because if they dont think it's more beneficial or fun for killers then killers wont change.

• emptyCupsemptyCups Member Posts: 486

Every single base game mechanics is waited against the killer

You cant change my mind on that

You can argue some perks... but all perks have counters to them.

If your curious at all how the game is make for survivor success above all I can go into it with you

• AnimatorAnimator Member Posts: 160
    edited January 27

Yes this is true. Now I play as Bubba, take Noed, Insidious and stand near the victim with the chainsaw turned on. I just don’t see the point of playing otherwise. If I play differently, then the game only brings me disappointment. But I would like to play differently, but I just can’t.

Judging from the latest news, the developers do not see what is going on in their game at all. They don’t understand the meta, they don’t understand on whose side the balance is now.

If that, I do not play on the BP, I do not play on the rank and emblems. I don’t care for them for a long time.

If the developers wanted a quick game and wanted to nerf the Ruin, then they had to return the old values for the stage on the hook, as one of the many compromises. But they did not want to do this. Let the survivors puff and suffer for the decision of the developers.

• AnimatorAnimator Member Posts: 160

And why? Remember the recent stream of developers. They justified the nerf of the Ruin by saying that the killers take the same build every time. But you probably noticed that they did not say a word about the survivors, from whom I observe 16 identical perks from game to game (DS, BT, DH, IW, etc.). So is this normal? Does that suit them? Well, I understood their position.

• TunnelVisionTunnelVision Member Posts: 629

Produce band aid fixes for one side and this is what festers as a result.