Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We've been made aware of error messages when attempting to purchase the Rift pass. The team is currently investigating, and we'll post an update as soon as we have more information.

UPDATE: This issue should no longer occur. Players who were affected may still be missing currency and/or unable to spend Auric Cells. We are working on a solution to resolve this and restore missing currency, and will update you as soon as possible.

What is the dumbest thing that you have done as killer before?

Comments

• Stepping in trap wasn't intended while carrying survivor.

• KotobelkaKotobelka Member Posts: 14

Started playing this game as a Killer.

• JetTheWaffleCatJetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 284

I tried to run as Pig by pressing shift (It's a reflex).

However my secondary ability key is bindined to Shift.

Ended up crouching instead.

Done the same with Hag as well with the teleport.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 5,911

Accidentally wearing my headphones backwards.

It's really confusing if the sounds are reversed

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,399

I set up a conga line with traps, hoping if I stepped in 1 it would force trapper through 1 end to the other

Didn't work like that, got stuck on 2 traps and needed help

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 3,533
    edited January 2020

Downed a Blendette right before the last gen got repaired and for some reason I thought she got up with Adrenaline since I couldn't see her in the grass. That made the start of a series of dumb and misinformed decisions resulting in the remaining 3 survivors escaping (while by my standards it could have been easily a 3k at least).

• ToastfaceKillaToastfaceKilla Member Posts: 574

I bought some new wireless headphones a few months ago and for the first few days I had them on the wrong way around and couldn't tell why directional sound was messed up.

• AdvorsusAdvorsus Member Posts: 501

Forgetting to grab healthy survivors when they go for the hatch instead of hitting them. I forget.... Every. Single. Time. Smh

• survivormain1105survivormain1105 Member Posts: 324

Hey I have done this as survior. It happens just saying.

• CrimbojamboCrimbojambo Member Posts: 81

Afk'd whole match because I was looking at good memes on my phone

• OMagic_ManOOMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Played Spirit while calling my girlfriend, so I had no headset on, kept my audio low (like at 5 notches) so I could hear her.

• Yung_SlugYung_Slug Member Posts: 2,235

Thought I would have a relaxing time.

• VenzhasVenzhas Member Posts: 684

My first games 2 years ago as killer, i really really though on few games that the death timer of an hooked survivor was actually an energy bar like in fighting games so i was hiting them on hook til death, lol poor ones

I was so toxic without even knowing what it meant

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 6,586

Meg- RUN!!! ITS A GHOSTFACE!!!!

Ghostface- WHAT!?! WHERE IS HE!?!

• Creepingcam1070Creepingcam1070 Member Posts: 330

When I first played the game I used to listen to music and I never was able to hear survivors ever.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,227

Chasing a magical Dwelf like a puppy.

• DRAGOONDRAGOON Member Posts: 123

Running NOED on myers when I first started playing.

• oxygenoxygen Member Posts: 2,624

Downed someone that had last second Delivererance'd off the hook a few meters away from the open hatch... and then picked them up before closing the hatch. The moment I pressed spacebar I had a serious "wait a second what am I doing" moment. Needless to say they DS'd me and jumped into the hatch.

Could've easily been prevented though so I still had a laugh at my mistake 😄

• nicknacknicknack Member Posts: 253

I was a complete 4head and stuck around while a swf kept switching out on an infinite. And the worst part was that they were all blendetes who had the same outfit on

• kcwolf1975kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 631

Downed the last survivor close to an open gate. There weren't any hooks close and since the egc timer was pretty low, i decided to watch the entity come and take him. Turns out he had unbreakable so I got a nice view of him running out the gate.

• ASAPTurtleASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

Letting the bad player escape. For a day they kept spamming me with messages like "Your Ass" or "Get good" and "Trash Killer" even thought I basically 4Ked her team. Eventually I just reported her and I'm pretty sure she got banned.

• MringasaMringasa Member Posts: 867

Chasing a Meg, downed her, had a trap pop halfway across the map and was using distance add-ons. Fumbled the key press to pick her up because I was getting ahead of myself and hit Left-Alt (which is my teleport key) and yeah... that game didn't end well.

• egocentredegocentred Member Posts: 25

I just spent an entire game as killer defending my Devour totem, that was next to a survivor on a hook. As in within 3 feet. Cause the second anyone went for the save, they would do the totem first. They also kept unhooking the survivor in my face.

Needless to say, I got 0 stacks and after the first survivor died on that hook I just gave up on trying to use devour at all.

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I once walked to a generator with the intention to repair it.

I tried to cleanse a totem before as well.

I still catch myself holding down left shift in order to run while playing killer.

• CymerCymer Member Posts: 942

Was nice to the survivor only to get tbagged and then flamed in chat.

• ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 5,771

getting 360ed like 10 times in a row

• kurgan8282kurgan8282 Member Posts: 260

It's actually not something I have done, it's something I keep on doing and seem to never learn :)

Basically I rush myself for no reason and keep on landing the hit too early, I eegularly give at least 3 wrong hits each game, which of course result in a waste of time that becomes decisive for me losing some matches :)

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 1,430

tried to attack someone with Wraith without uncloaking..... 3 times.... in the same match.