Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Do any of you think "It's a Doctor! this is gonna be a fun match!"?

CoderCoder Member Posts: 690

The devs changed him because he was annoying and boring to play against. Has that changed? To be honest, I'm not really "having fun" when playing against him, I just try to gen rush and leave.

I do have fun facing a huntress, or a bubba. I do think "Oh, nice! a huntress, let's dodge those hatchets!" but I've never felt that with a Doctor, it's more like "Oooohhh crap... a Doctor... another 10-15 minutes of my life wasted on a boring match, welp, let's do gens as fast as we can"

How do you feel about him? are you enjoying going against him? I'm not talking about using him as killer, but facing him as survivor.

Comments

• Star99erStar99er Member Posts: 1,213
    edited January 2020

Overall yes, he’s more tolerable & more viable. He’s more effective overall and less annoying late game when he’s 3 gen camping.

• toxicmeggtoxicmegg Member Posts: 662

i still find doctor annoying too

• NullEXENullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    edited January 2020

Yeah. It's a pretty fun time. I definitely get into lockers a lot. The same as I would do against the old Doctor.

• Latin_Kidd92Latin_Kidd92 Member Posts: 225

I'm getting really annoyed by Docs now, will probably start killing myself on hooks. What really gets to me is the constant yelling and how loud it is.

• scarslookgoodscarslookgood Member Posts: 157

I've always loved Doc matches and enjoy playing versus the newer version too. So when I load in and realize it's him, I'm excited, yes, and I look forward to playing out the match. He's killed me every time, so far, but I've been happy about it.

• ElkElk Member Posts: 2,267

Yeah, i do. Playing against him has been more fun lately.

• Mert_MKMert_MK Member Posts: 632

No i find him a lot more boring than before tbh, and the chase "music" makes playing against him even more unbearable. I preferred playing against old Doctor minus the braindead grab from treatment mode while facecamping a survivor.

Overall a waste of resources i think, they should have adjusted more maps and fix Keys and Mori's before reworking him.

• Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member, Trusted Posts: 3,043

Personally I'm neutral about Doc. I don't hate him but I don't love him either. He's just there and that's okay.

• BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,592

I don't really do this with any killer honestly. You're mostly doing the same things with any killer.

The only one that slightly annoys me is hag because you have to crouch.

• S_PandaS_Panda Member Posts: 539

I've played against him once, and just finished my first match as one. first down: rage quit. second person I find 10 meters away, stands still and takes a hit. I walk away, disconnect. otherwise, he feels 300% better.

• ThatbrownmonsterThatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

All I think is "this match gonna be laggy"

• Brucecastro81Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

More annoying, but I prefeer giving killer's more strong killers

• HuffHuff Member Posts: 1,480

I slightly dislike that it feels like there's not really much delay between his shocks now and I have trouble being able to use windows/pallets when he's just holding W and spamming shock. Other than that, I don't have a ton of problems with him so far.

• deriasbderiasb Member Posts: 34

The music is too annoying , i can't tell if he is close or not , aside from that i do not like the new doc abilty , static field was a better passive and did a better job at finding (and they nerfed the way to get rid of snap out , taking you to madness 1 , and your progress to snap out saves , lame af )

• S_PandaS_Panda Member Posts: 539

Yeah I feel they reduced that 3 second "nothing" period a weensy bit too much. Even 2 seconds would be fine honestly. Punishes him if he misses, but still a reward for hitting.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I always use to find him fun, although a specific build and map combo was annoying.

That build and map combo is even stronger now lol especially with new Ruin but no I don’t hate Doctor. When DS works he will be ok.

• PokPok Member Posts: 100

Way better than before. The static field was really annoying, the static blast is way more situational than a passive "hey, scream if I happen to run next to you". And also the snap out of it back to tier 1 is better too. Before, I just felt screwed when I got to tier 2 with no way to hide from illusionnary doctors until the end of the game

• Lost_in_the_FogLost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 450

I wish the devs had never said their goal was to make anything "more fun to play against." All it has done is solidify the survivor mentality that their individual fun should trump anyone elses experience with this game. Especially if that anyone else is the killer.

Just curious what perks OP brings into the matches. Willing to bet there are some that make the killer think "Oh this is going to be a fun match!"

• ppo8820ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

Nope. I think great! Another op killer who will try hard to win and tell me to git gud when they have every advantage.

• FleshTorpedoFleshTorpedo Member Posts: 394

He is fun and when I play him, I am an absolute ######### to survivors. You are in M3 for almost entirety of the match.

• Lost_in_the_FogLost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 450

Are we playing the same game? Since when does the killer have every advantage?

• wichael_wyerswichael_wyers Member Posts: 202

I've always loved Doc as a character, but he also seemed lame. Now I have a *blast* trying to dodge or predict his Static Blast tbh. That and trying to dodge his shocks mid-chase kind of feels like a Huntress game. Less threatening, but just as fun or even more fun sometimes.

• UnicornUnicorn Member Posts: 2,240

When I run calm spirit, yes.

• DocFabronDocFabron Member Posts: 2,408

Yes I do get excited for Doctor. The only time I groan about it is when I find out my teammates are potatoes.

• Ghost_Face_MainGhost_Face_Main Member Posts: 590

I enjoy facing doctor now compared to his original version. I think the only thing I don't like is seeing people not utilize lockers when he's going to use static blast.

• X_ScottX_Scott Member Posts: 137

I have calm spirit on so I enjoy it quite a bit

• KuromiStarwindKuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited January 2020

I don't have a problem with Doctor and have fun playing against him. So, I don't not think it?

And for the record, as a survivor you're not supposed to "have fun" against every killer, otherwise no killer would ever have fun.