Home Discussions General Discussions

(unfortunate souls) Who still play Nurse, thoughts?

copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 2,159

Now that's it's been some time, how do you poor people who continue to abuse yourselfs by playing Nurse feel about her?

I quit the game over how unfun and bad they made playing her, what do you who still play her think of her?

Comments

• Favi_MPxFavi_MPx Member Posts: 23
    edited January 28

I feel it is a challenge to master the nurse, so it is fun to play with her. but the devs should boost the speed a little bit.

• TooKoolFoUTooKoolFoU Member Posts: 378

She’s fine. Ik because she’s barely different from before as far as being efficient. I stopped playing her after the change and then came back to her. Her cool down barely effects the gameplay

• OkapiOkapi Member Posts: 667

I play her sometimes, and I use an Xbox One gamepad when playing DBD on my PC. From my experience she's just as good as she was before, but with a higher skill floor. I'm as mediorce with her now as I was before her rework.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 2,017

Nurse is still basically the same in terms of effectiveness, only now you need to wait a whopping 4 extra seconds to down a survivor. You can make the argument that cooldowns aren't fun (and they really aren't I'd agree with you cooldowns are the most annoying thing behaviour keep insisting on shoving onto killers) but it's sort of objectively wrong to say she's a bad killer now because she isn't. She's still the best and always will be.

• TroTro Member Posts: 221

I agree with you she is the hardest killer to master, but you are either smoking something or ignoring the facts if you still think she is anywhere near the top tier as she is now. Even after putting over 300 hrs of play just on her, she is medium tier at best. She has the hardest learning curve and one of the lowest kill rates across the board. She needs to be buffed or reworked by doing something, Ive even give some ideas:

a) increase her base speed to 4.2-4.4 just like hag/spirit/huntress.

b) give her 3-4 blinks as opposed to 2.

c) Make one recharge bar recharge blinks to maximum (ie. one recharge bar gives you the 2 blinks at once)

d) remove the fatigue and leave the recharges as they are.

Any one of these changes would put her back in a very good spot without being as OP as she was.

• OmansOmans Member Posts: 419

I didn't play her before the nerf due to how overpowered she was. She is still top tier, along with spirit, and I'm actually enjoying playing her now that she isn't grossly overpowered. I actually feel satisfaction when I do well now.

• OmegaXIIOmegaXII Member Posts: 1,604

I don't play her anymore because i need to sweat a lot just to be decent with her. I play video games for fun, not for stress and sweat

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,020

I like playing her on Xbox. The only things that annoy me are whiffs that look like they should hit, Rotten Fields, and Sanctum.

• yutycornyutycorn Member Posts: 237
    edited January 28

Relearning everyday it seems when I play her, but that's because I don't play one killer for all of that day I play. I normally play Billy, Hag, then any random killer after that I own. I have to get reacquainted with her everytime I play, though. But. When I have her in the bag. She can be satisfying to play. At least for me.

Just do NOT put me with Nurse on a corn map or a yamaoka map.

Please. I beg the entity....

• korean_zombiekorean_zombie Member Posts: 430

If I just feel like hating myself I'll play her. I could play her somewhat before, but now its just too punishing when you go for a second blink and miss. They should have just removed add ons and left her base kit the same. Behaviour is starting to be like microsoft, every time they release an update you just kinda cringe and hope its not terrible.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 2,499

I play her every now and then.

Just isn't the same any more.

• TokkernTokkern Member Posts: 74

İ love people starting with "i m rank 1" . That means a lot for sure :D

• lunaticlifterlunaticlifter Member Posts: 411
    edited January 28

is she still the best killer? of course.. as old nurse main i can tell you there's difference but if you were skilled before addonless, you just need to adapt to your muscle memory and manage better your blinks.. anyway in terms of fun she's not as fun as before, because playing nurse on new lery, yamaoka, corn maps, missing a blink, going into a dead zone and having to wait is even more frustrating than before.. i don't play her as much anymore

• youarewronglolyouarewronglol Member Posts: 445

" tend to drop a 3 or 4k every game. And that's not because it's easy, its difficult. It's because I have A LOT of time in this game and know how this game works."

you are also very handsome and cool and everyone likes you :)

• ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

I never played Nurse, but a friend does and he claims she feels no different, still boringly OP to him

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 2,159

I mean this is literally just 100% wrong.

They took away things, and gave her NOTHING. There is literally no new plays or mind games (infact her mind games are gone because guess what wasting a blink for faking is now 100x more disadvantageous than it was before) so there is LITERALLY no way to play her in a new or different way without addons. It is only, strictly, worse. Meaning her skill ceiling got lowered too.

If they added something new she could do that she couldn't before, then you'd be right. But you're not.

I never said anything about her strength, just her fun factor. I have no doubts Nurse is still pretty strong, but why on Earth would you play a character that is designed to punish you every single step of the way? Before you got punished for bad plays or misreads, now you get punished for just using your power the way you're supposed to. Not fun in the S L I G H E S T.

• okeoke Member Posts: 102

She has less map pressure than before but her chase and snowballing game are still absolute top class compared to all the other killers. Can't have all, y'know?

There were so many suggestions from players that play her like me that are 100x better than the mess we got of a "slight change"

• hex_genrushhex_genrush Member Posts: 736

I started playing her 2 weeks ago and I’m getting better but the fatigue is to long and Cooldown is annoying and I lose to much distance , I never really rely on addons

• okeoke Member Posts: 102
    edited January 29

Her base kit was slightly op, it was unfair you could spam 2 blinks all the time, I think it's fine now. Yes, she is objectively worse in every aspect now, but that's fair given how strong she was even without addons. Plus new players get to spam Plaid Flannel which helps. That being said, the looking down while fatigued part is still annoying af and the most unfun part about Nurse. Doesn't make her less strong tho.

SPAMMING BLINKS =/= REWARD

HOW MANY TIMES CAN I REPEAT THIS

IF YOU SPAM BLINKS RANDOMLY YOU WILL NEVER HIT ANYONE, IT TAKES AIM, TIMING, AND PRECISION TO HIT SOMEONE WITH HER BLINKS.

Saying you can just spam her power and get rewarded for it is to say you've never played her in any serious game whatsoever.

I mean does spamming doctors shock willy nilly give you rewards? No, it doesn't and it hurts that killer infinitely less than it does Nurse to spam her power.

I literally just posted this on another thread but since it keeps coming up I hope someone who can do something about this reads it and agrees. The only people that still say she's top tier are either 1% of the actual nurses out there that have put over 1k hrs just in her or people that watch one of those top1% streamers and thinks if he can do it everyone can.

I've put myself ~300 hrs just on her, I'm a pretty good nurse and she is medium tier at best. She needed a nerf but she was way over nerfed. Now she has one of the lowest kill rates of any killer for both experienced and new players alike. Against any decent survivor almost any killer is better than nurse.

Ive suggested before that either:

a)remove or lower the cooldown for blink, maybe make the cool down reset both blinks instead of one per cool down.

b) Remove fatigue and leave everything else as is.

c) increase her base speed to 4.2-4.4 like hag/huntress/spirit or

d) give her 3-4 blinks and leave everything else as is.

Any ONE of these would put her back at the top or near the top tier without making her as OP as she once was.

edited January 29

Instead of parroting what I replied last time I'll just add another idea for ya:

cooldown doesn't pause when using power, or charges at a slower speed. Done. Much better and still requires managing but isn't so frustrating and eye gougingly unfun.

• UxoricideUxoricide Member Posts: 218

As a former base kit nurse I find her unfun to play, the cool down added with unblinkable random tiles made me play clown, bubba etc. and have way more fun

Thats another viable idea. I'll added to my list. I just hope someone who can do something about this reads it and agrees with at least 1 of the ideas.

It's such a tragedy because she was honestly one of the only fun killers to play that actually stood a chance against SWF. Not even Hag can do that and she's the next coolest/fun killer to me.

Glad to add em. I tried making a thread full of suggestions so some member of BHVR could look at a nice organized list of suggestions but it didn't work :(