Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why is Nurse such a rare killer to go against now?

Honestly, I get that her nerf was a really hard one that requires people to have much more skill when playing her, but she's still like the best killer in the game right now. Do you guys not find her fun or instead, hard to learn? my last game when i went against a nurse was a week ago and she camped me the entire game cuz i ran her for 3 gens and she dced once i was unhooked right when my adren kicked in. but honestly, i found it fun going against skilled nurses and i can barely find any now. #########?? :(

Comments

• Archimedes5000Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,597
    edited January 2020

I agree that she is (almost) impossible to learn, but her ability to end chases in 20 seconds still works. She just cant afford to miss anymore.

If someone really was a Nurse veteran then he would be (almost) unaffected by the nerf.

• ChunChunMaruChunChunMaru Member Posts: 52

She is difficult to play as so new players won't really enjoy picking her up. Especially because games last 5 minutes. More importantly though, no one likes not being able to play AKA there is a cooldown for your second blink and you also suffer from blink fatigue. That's two moments where you literally can't play and it happens constantly throughout the game because of how her kit works.

• WolfPad06WolfPad06 Member Posts: 182

Like people are saying, she still has the potential to be the best killer in the game, and those who mastered her before can do just as well with her now probably.

I, personally, just think she's not very fun to play as anymore. Her add-ons have pretty massive downsides, or are just memes/useless for doing well, and the double cooldown mechanic just makes her feel sluggish and unrewarding (even if, with add-ons, the effect isn't too big).

Most of all, the last time I tried nurse on Dedicated Servers I had such an awful time with the rubber banding and the wonky blinks I haven't touched her again after that.

• HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 4,870

I think the last time I went against nurse on ps4 was about a month ago (not exaggerating)

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

I have noticed the wonky blinks on dedicated servers as well. If you connection has just a tiny hickup, the game severely undercharges your blink. It appears that the developers in their infinite wisdom made blinktiming serverside, meaning you have to account for your ping at the time you charge AND release your blink. Utteraly broken design right now.

• 28_stabs28_stabs Member Posts: 1,474

What for endure stun simulator, Nurse, if you can play broken survivors who make no noise and win the game in 3 min?

• Archimedes5000Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,597
    edited January 2020

I dont care about statistics, Im talking about potential of her power. Precise blink is an instant hit, do it one more time and this is the end of the chase. Nothing can stop you, loops, pallets, walls, whatever, it does not matter. You just blink and hit. If you miss then youre #########. So just git gud and dont miss.

I agree about the bugs and lags, but these thing are not supposed to be part of gameplay, so you cant judge her power based on that.

• LegionGhostfaceLegionGhostface Member Posts: 161

i definitely agree that her base speed needs to increase and the blink cooldown and fatigue duration need to decrease.

• NullEXENullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    edited January 2020

Of my friends that mained Nurse, they have all stopped playing her because I quote "We just don't want her to get nerfed after we put so much work into learning her. We will play her every now and then, but rarely"

And I am starting to feel the same way about Freddy.