Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Survivors! Your tactics against the new meta "Tunneling" and killers your best "tunneling strats"

Comments

• NoMitherPlayerNoMitherPlayer Member Posts: 174

Yep we don't know yet if he will be that good once he's not new anymore.

• darktrixdarktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Become a god at looping and loop like there is no tomorrow.

• BamallamadingdongBamallamadingdong Member Posts: 34

To a certain extent maybe, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he will be at least at the top end of mid tier.

Definately not as much as now, I've seen an insane increase in tunneling. Before some medium killers using weak killers could rely on ruin and no need tunneling.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,589

Switch to toxic mode.

Watch me sandbag your hits while I blind you mid way so you will lose track of that other survivor.

😈

I'm never toxic as a player but sadly teamwork and toxicity can be combined exactly the way you mention it x)

• CrescentGentCrescentGent Member Posts: 60

We wouldn't have to resort to tunneling if survivors had such crutch perks and since they needlessly nullified ruin

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

How is it the new meta? Tunneling is just as frequent as before.

I really wish they would split Russia from EU servers. If you get a killer that hard tunnels without any remorse I can guarantee you post game their name will be a bunch of Russian letters.

• Brucecastro81Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

Tbaging non stop..... wait, that only makes it worst!

• StrickxNyneStrickxNyne Member Posts: 230

You're the type of player most people on the forums complain about. Why is someone else play stay garbage? Go play and leave the forum 😂 so much hate around this place

• The_DaydreamerThe_Daydreamer Member Posts: 544

Tbh I don't care about getting tunneled or camped. I just run Sprint Burst, Kindred, Distortion and Better Together. So everyone knows if the killer doesn't like to play fair, I can do gens and I see if my mates are useful or not. Pretty helpful solo player build.

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

There isnt a single thing that can be used to counter tunneling. Thats the real issue.

• 28_stabs28_stabs Member Posts: 1,474

The less likely killers are getting a kill, the more likely they will play only with mori or Rancor. Keep it in mind.

• humanbeing1704humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 6,932

always ds and unbreakable if I'm sick of getting tunneled

• iBetClaudetteiBetClaudette Member Posts: 299

Usually, tunneling killers are also camping killers. I love to take Kindred because of that. It's kinda funny seeing the aura of the killer, waiting and waiting by the hooked survivor but instead hearing generator after generator going off because the rest of us know he's camping.

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,585

If everybody is getting hooked, the stealth players need to stop hiding and take a turn risking skin

I defeated a team today by destroying the 3 people willing to risk their skin - then the one guy who never risked anything got salty when I closed the hatch and 1 hooked them.

Real easy to rotate through the same people when they're the only ones I see... just sayin.

• xoBlackBettyxoBlackBetty Member Posts: 25

Or distortion to counter Spoopy Myers or Calm Spirit to counter Doc's madness etc

• xoBlackBettyxoBlackBetty Member Posts: 25

I agree with this on a cellular level. If I run a tum tums for 3/4 gens (so well that he face camps me on my first hook) & I die, I take that as a win. 💯

Face-camping or tunneling only bothers me when I didn't earn it or do anything to deserve it. Killers take note: you'll get more GGs if you earn that face camp or tunnel, rather than doing it because you're not skilled at the game.

• LetcheLetche Member Posts: 95
    edited January 2020

Insinuating if you don't play like a complete scumbag you can't possibly win? If you're playing against good survivors and you're a good killer, you'll still win. This post was all it took to see the kind of person you are (and killer, for that matter).

With que times being 30+ mins for survivors right now, I'm not looking to ruin anyone's day/game because I understand the frustration. That includes tunneling, camping and mori'ing off first hook, I know it's a shame, those must be all your favorite things as mind numbingly easy as they are to do, fits your train of thought. Why actually put any effort into playing the game the way it was meant to be played and learning how to deal with those pesky good survivors when you can 'win' by playing as cheaply as humanly possible, right? Right.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 10,017
    edited January 2020

"Insinuating if you don't play like a complete scumbag you can't possibly win?"

That's not what I said.

"If you're playing against good survivors and you're a good killer, you'll still win."

No. It doesn't matter how good you are on some of the weaker killers, if the survivors are "good" rank 1 survivors you will lose. Most killers rely on survivor mistakes to win. When you win it's because they aren't as good or they messed up a lot. If they don't mess up you lose. This doesn't apply to all killers, but most. The average survivor is a potato which why this isn't as noticeable until you find the good groups.

"This post was all it took to see the kind of person you are (and killer, for that matter)."

The fact that you don't agree tells me you don't play both sides at rank 1 or have a decent amount of hours put in. If you did you would understand this.

• Cserum7Cserum7 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2020

Yeah cause BT and DS were totally not created for that exact issue

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

So you get unhooked, hit with BT, downed on second hit, use your DS, downed with the third hit and hooked again. So where exactly is the counter?

• FleshTorpedoFleshTorpedo Member Posts: 394

They get extra salty when BT doesnt work with zero terror radius killers and get slugged trying to pull that.

• Awsomedude6655Awsomedude6655 Member Posts: 8

Well, what I always use is DS, we're gonna live forever, head on, and well..... Slippery meat, I see that ,like, no one uses. It works more than I would like to admit, these were chosen by me to be able to escape from the killer or help some one else by distracting the killer.

I did play alot after the new update. I'm on ps4. 90% of the games 1 player is being tunneled. I play as swf so maybe it's just against good swf teams they now rely more on tunneling? Maybe in solo it's the same as before.

Teamwork is so strong in this game. I believe there's a variety of things that can stop a tunneling situation. I've done it and seen it happen against extremely good or bad killers. I've seen it fail too sometimes. 90% of the time just by myself and my perks/build I can stop someone from being tunneled (make the killer looses him or leave him). My last resort is being down for them. Escaping isn't guaranteed but I can give that second chance. I've seen some interesting answers, I'll not mention the meta perks. Using god or pallet loops, swf, slippery meat might surprise the killer, kindred for information, then in case the killer looses the survivor but still tries to find him a bunch of stealthy perks. (Calm spirit being a good counter if the doctor tries to find again the tunneled guy with his ability for example). Some others mentioned the genrush, so the tunneled survivor countdown is shorter. Also, the killer can make mistakes! Just to clarify 1 point, there is no "garbage" killer. There is experienced and more or less experienced killers. Tunneling is an obvious and efficient strategy to a beginner or even a veteran.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,670

Don't have a tactic against it. If they tunneling then I probably die and on to the next game, no problem. Playing as killer i have not started tunneling yet but perhaps I need to, don't know if it helps me get better. I do pretty well without tunneling or camping, but have nothing against it since it's just another strategy.

• Falkner09Falkner09 Member Posts: 355

I like jumping between different survivors in the middle of chases, then going back to the first one. it works well because you throw them all off constantly. I've also been using lots of killers with high information and/or work well with thana/dying light.

• Yung_SlugYung_Slug Member Posts: 2,236

I just run information perks and have a chill time as usual. If I get tunneled, that sucks, but I usually don't draw too much attention to myself. When I do though, I can usually loop most killers for a while.

If it's Trapper though, I just accept the fact that I will step in every possible trap.