Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

Are you still mad about ruin?

2»

Comments

• FearlessHunterFearlessHunter Member Posts: 300

What annoyed me the most was that they didn’t touch toolboxes at all so survivors took advantage of the ruin nerf and started bringing toolboxes every game I had as killer. I had one match where they all had the speed addons equipped, streetwise and prove thyself.

If they are gonna touch toolboxes somewhere down the line then they need to cap the speed on the toolboxes cause it’s ridiculous if 2 survivors get on a gen with toolboxes equipped. The gen gets done in 30 seconds

• terumisanterumisan Member Posts: 870

Mad? No disappointed yes

And more than likely we'll never get another ruin

• ninjamediness64ninjamediness64 Member Posts: 119

Not mad, just dissapointed.

• Farshad7913Farshad7913 Member Posts: 22

honestly ive been playing scummy after the nerf and it feels great! No more giving survivors second chances because they messed up or something, add a little noed and boom! A delicious survivor pudding.

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 1,098

It's not ruin that I am mad about. It's the fact the devs favor new survivors above balancing their game. Ruin was never a problem to people who knew how to play.

The bigger issue is gens get done way too fast depending on the killer you are using. Ruin didn't even help with the problem, it just acted as a band aid.The devs took off said band aid without addressing the wound underneath. The outright truth is some killers need more time because they lack mobility or their power doesn't help them in a chase. If the survivors know how to play the killer is going to lose because he/she simply can't pressure everyone. The devs only play at new ranks where the killer is dominating only because the survivors are making mistakes left and right. So they assume killer is OP so they nerf killer or make it easier for survivor. Thus making the game nearly unplayable against survivors who aren't potatoes. This is why you see the top 3 killers at red ranks most of the time. If it feels more frustrating than fun to play as a non meta killer people will get sick of being looped to death. They will then play something else and survivors cant find a game. But the devs dont care because they only want to draw in new players.

This game is a revolving door. New players come in, old players walk out when they realize they are not wanted.

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 1,764

Losing the perk itself was never the issue. The issue was the fact that they removed it without fixing the underlying issues which was;

a. How fast gens were completed and the immense pressure that Killers felt at the beginning of the match when 2-3 gens popped.

b. Matchmaking and Ranking being so broken. If they were fixed, the new Survivor clientele that the Devs are catering to would have never been facing Ruin as much as they had.

At this point, I don’t think this game could ever be balanced.

• FleshTorpedoFleshTorpedo Member Posts: 394

It was a [BAD WORD] decision and im over the actual change of the skill, but the obvious bias against killers the devs have and their changes/planned changes to the game are disappointing. This whole change to MMR while throwing on blinders for players is much more concerning than the ruin change.

• hex_genrushhex_genrush Member Posts: 736

Extremely angry

• Spooky13Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,233

I was never mad about Ruin's nerf. I was more so mad that they decided to make such a drastic change without addressing why 80% of killers at red ranks ran Ruin. If they were going to change Ruin, they should of waited until either map sizes or toolboxes were dealt with as well, preferably reducing map size, nerfing toolboxes, and nerfing Ruin all in the same update.

• ApeOfMazorApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471

Yes I am still mad. They nerf one of the biggest most essential perks without any changes to other perks or addressing the reason it was used so much. They are too lazy to add a 2nd objective, but also refuse to increase gen times. They basically are admitting their game is boring and they don't want to do anything to fix it.

• GHOSTfaceP3GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 930

As a survivor games are very easy now as killer it’s very frustrating not going to lie..I still play killer tho because I like killer it’s just I have to play more mean and I enjoy it less now

• SpannungsstoßSpannungsstoß Member Posts: 1,594

Bruh, you just got a great buff for doc and one of the best killers in game in the last 2 updates, saying that the devs don't put priority in killer experience is pretty dumb and even selfish.

I didn't use ruin as killer before the patch, so it didn't have a real impact on my gameplay.

as survivor I had gotten over ruin pretty easily over time and I knew how to hit hex skillchecks

The nerf really didn't bother me, it may even be a great step towards fixing this gen problem the game currently faces

• Leachy_JrLeachy_Jr Member Posts: 178

Yes, it was a doc buff, the problem is that the devs didn't try to make it a buff. As McLean said, whether they were buffing or nerfing him was up to the community to decide and it was pretty clear they wanted to just make him less "frustrating" to verse. Remember doc was okish back then and was easily beaten by some teams.

And also, what killer? Oni isn't that good, his early game is horrible and too reliant on the survivors to mess up. Demogorgon requires too much setup for how little pressure he gets. His shred is still good though, not enough to make him top tier.

What do you mean? Doc is way better now, the ability to shock and hit at the same time without having to change stances is a huge boost to his chase potential, plus, static blast is one hell of a tracking tool, i would dare say its waaaaay better than the old treatment mode. The only real letdown is the fact that survivors go back to tier I when they recuperate from madness.

As for the killers, come on, Oni while having little chase potential at the beginning of the game, can obliterate any survivor team with ease once he gets his power, with his power on he not only has greater mobility, but also huge chase potential being capable of downing survivors in just a few seconds, plus, he got his flick back recently.

• FluorescentLemonFluorescentLemon Member Posts: 240

Yes but it's because of the larger issue surrounding the balancing of the game, which seems to be focused solely on providing enjoyment for new Survivors.

• FruityMemesFruityMemes Member Posts: 51

They should probably remove ruin as a perk altogether and make the current ruin a permanent thing but at the regular 100% because it would be kinda broken if it was still 200%

• Infinity_BoredInfinity_Bored Member Posts: 416

I'm doing my objective bruh.

• DetailedDetrimentDetailedDetriment Member Posts: 1,010

Never was, never will be. It was still a change that no one asked for though.

• terumisanterumisan Member Posts: 870

Tbf if the survivors play completely safe and drop pallets early or just use stealth and gens start popping oni can't really make a comeback from that unless he 4 man slugs in his power and that's depending on the map and whether survivors bring unbreakable

• DetailedDetrimentDetailedDetriment Member Posts: 1,010
    edited January 31

*Sigh*

These Ruin forums are all for personal attention at this rate.