Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

Devs pls don’t nerf leatherfaces base kit when you do a addon rework

GHOSTfaceP3GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,081

As the title says ..we all know they love to destroy base kits for killers but honestly I hope leatherfaces is not touched besides his speed when he starts charging ..we don’t need a cool down don’t give him the nurse treatment

Comments

• EchorionEchorion Member Posts: 1,883

Thing is I REALLY like playing bubba, but only with certain add ons, so I never play him without them and I never really have those add ons so I can't play him.

If I had them at hand all the time, (Charge time and/or move speed addons) I would play him all the time, he would be one of my favorite killers.

edited January 30

Yeah dude, you are not going to counter argument this one. There is 0% chance that is still going to be a thing after the rework, far less offenders have been removed when it came time, this will be no different.

I should not have to explain the problems with it, they are self explanatory, but the only way to solve it is to rework him some, and a rework to buff him some is coming, it stands to reason that will be adjusted with it.

• GHOSTfaceP3GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,081

As long as he has a insta down that can move side to side he will be a great camper especially with insidious

Honestly even that is fine, like for example Hillbilly has strong camping power too- but it's not a literally inescapable camping method. There is a reason the people who were all "LOL PROTEST RUIN" all just took Bubba and face camped, because no one can do it to the level he can.

I am sure he will still have an instant down, and probably still be able to camp like a mofo, just I doubt it's going to be on the same level as current.

Hopefully not; but I have no doubt it will be addressed, the people recently abusing it because they are mad about killer changes probably helped reinforce that idea.

I want to see Bubba be really viable though; I really hope BHVR does not mess it up.

• LemeTheMemeLemeTheMeme Member Posts: 402

The only logical way to remove his facecamp capabilities is to make it so when he reaches 100% on his saw, it goes. Also, adding like a 5 second cooldown so he can't immediately rev up again. If that were to happen, he would need so many buffs to help his in chase potential. Whether it's by increasing his speed, acceleration, I don't know, but I do know it will make him more oppressive during chases and less while face camping.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,537

Leatherface basekit is fine, it’s just Hillbilly who needs to be nerfed into the ground.

I have faith in you BHVR 👌do what is right for the game.

• snozersnozer Member Posts: 776
    edited February 7

Oh they will, he will probably turn to single hit with the chainsaw and a cooldown or refuel mechanic.

Not to mention snort and wheeze so he can't insidius any more

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 6,220

Try playing with PWYF and maybe Nemesis to pair with it. It makes him alot less addon dependent.

I use to use the same addon combo you do, but with the speed boost of PWYF, I was able to branch out and screw around with weaker addons or none at all.

• PrettyFaceKatePrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,705

He doesn't need a nerf, he needs a rework. Currently, unless you run nemesis+pwyf, his power is good only for facecamping. Giving him something that is actually good in a chase instead would be in the best interest of the players' base.

• Archimedes5000Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,589

His power is boring af

He needs complete rework, not just addons.

But no nerfs, he is in like top3 worst killers.

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 6,220

I wouldnt mind some variant of what you suggested. Maybe allow him to do similar feathering mindgames like Billy does without worrying about a cooldown when he doesnt actually activate the ability. Currently the only time I ever charge a saw and keep it charged during a chase is when I'm pressuring a survivor from making an early run before I saw a pallet. Gives them a little less distance. What if Bubba had a similar charge as Billy in that he can manually hold it at 95% or so? It would at least make campinng with a revved saw abit more of a pain in the ass while still allowing him to use the mechanic in chases.

• NamelessNameless Member Posts: 442

Nurse was the only killer that I know of got an unexpected basekit nerf and that was because she actually broke the game.

While in the meantime weaker killers at the time like Freddy and Doc got some basekit buffs.

Leatherface is one of the weaker killers so unless I’m missing something, I don’t quite get the logic of believing they will nerf his basekit.

• WeskerWesker Member Posts: 246

I hope they will realize someday to not listen to the community when it's up for the game Balance. All this trash community wants is easy game for survivors, a impossible match for killers with massive nerfs. Disgusting.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,331

As @Nameless mentioned, the only killer whose base kit they have nerfed alongside an add-on rework was the Nurse, who was the uncontested strongest killer in the game. They're not going to do that to a killer like Leatherface, who almost everyone (including the devs, most likely) considers to be mid-tier at best.

• deadbyhitboxdeadbyhitbox Member Posts: 963

So, keep arguably the weakest killer in the game the same. But you nerf probably the most balanced killer in the game...?

Ok

• BubbaSawyerMeatsBubbaSawyerMeats Member Posts: 108

the less effective killer gets, the cheesier the tactics they will use get. EVERY killer seems to face camp now that ruin is gone.

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 2,183
    edited February 7

I personally don't like bubbas that do nothing but build bloodlust, chainsaw and basement camp but I can do something about that. I can get better at vaulting, routing or not get downed near the basement. I know bubba is a weak killer so Id rather they not make him any weaker.

Also the more likely they will use a meta killer or leave the game. I always laugh at the people who complain all they see are spirit and billy. "You made it this way!"

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

But holding the saw up is one of the few bits that require skill to know when to use it.... I wouldn't want him dumbed down for it.

• AntiJellyAntiJelly Member Posts: 1,107

Leatherface will 100% be receiving the Freddy treatment, he was one of the two Killers that got rushed out (the other being Freddy).

You can probably expect his power to be completely different; neither a nerf or a buff. Just a change.