Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why is Nurse such a rare killer to go against now?

Comments

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 2,699
    edited January 2020

Love that pallet etc argumentation. For discussions sake, let's ignore her lack of actual stun immunity.

Btw a killer that ignores pallets etc can actually be useless if too weak in other points. For example being slower than survivors. Or cooldowns to said ability. Or both.

" Nurse is borderline unable to catch up with survivors running in a straight line"

Such meme/rumor/opinion/fact/complaint (choose one lol) can only exist if many people experience it.

• TurretcubeTurretcube Member Posts: 235

So i've been hopping back on nurse lately just to have some sort of fun while matchmaking isnt getting fixed. Have had 4 games in a row where a player dc's during loading because there new and in a swf group. Been a real waste of 25 minutes.

• LegionGhostfaceLegionGhostface Member Posts: 161

nurse can definitely catch up to survivors quickly, maybe it'll take 3-4 blinks if the survivor is on the other side of the map but if you have a direct line of sight and you located the survivor around a certain area, you can easily get to them and go for a hit if you really meet the skill cap and have good muscle memory with her blinks

• SquirrelKnightSquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Heres the thing. Nurse is super strong BUT. BUT SHE HAS NO MISTAKE ROOM! In a game where killers cant waste 20-25 seconds on chasing, she is a killer that if she misses a blink attack is completely out of commission for several seconds. The big reason you dont see nurse anymore is because unless you are a master with her and never miss, you WILL lose. With toxicity as it is in this game id never touch nurse.

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 8,050

*Coff Coff*

The new Yamoaka map is so bugged that you minus well say you're an 3.68m/s killer.

I remember how terrible it felt to have my blinks do nothing. 😕

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 3,007
    edited January 2020

She's been confirmed weaker then Legion mate by a actual Dev. Ya she can blink through walls and some people can still do well with her, but take the fact she takes significantly more time then the average killer to master increased by the difficulty and the fact u can catch a glimpse of her as she blinks to you. The colddown on her blinks as well. Topped with how slow she actually is. If you miss a hit a Survivor can run straight and never be caught. Not loop not pathing legitimately STRAIGHT.

Ya shes still good in a very select few peoples hands though so she dont at all need to be looked at. Not to mention she's no longer fun to play or play against.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

She can be stunned during blink with a pallet, she doesn't ignore those anymore.

She actually has now the lowest killrate of all killers, after the stats have been released, almo made a comment in some thread i think 1-2 months later on (it was about legion nerfs) and he stated legion did better with the changes and lowest killrate is nurse. 43%

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 2,318

I'm willing to bet money every new map will have egregious deadzones for Nurse and devs will just continue to ignore it because she's "where they want her" now.

Right in the fun garbage can.

Have you played her on that map after the recent patch and hotfix? I do not dare to play that offering as nurse 😅

• whammigobambamwhammigobambam Member Posts: 1,164

Because new players don't understand her mechanics and there's no way to learn them without losing a few. It took me so long to find out that looking up during the blink covered more distance.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,153

Yeah, but uh, she can blink through them. You know, without breaking them?

• TroTro Member Posts: 223

I agree w legion on this one. Pallets and vaults while in chase are the places where you can actually get hits with her.

• LegionGhostfaceLegionGhostface Member Posts: 161

i never have any problems with getting stunned by pallets. i’ll sometimes wait for them to force down the pallet down if they’re just near there only if my blinks are recovering, then just blink through the pallet and hit them.

It's not so much looking up, at a flat 180 with the floor you have maximum blink distance. It helps to ensure you get the full distance but as long as you aren't looking lower than 180 you'll always get that distance... unless you're under another floor in which case you'll go up and lose horizontal distance since you're now travelling the hypotenuse instead of the leg.

Yes that is after it is down isn't it? So when she blinks at you at the pallet, drop it on her head, stun her and go run to the next LoS, change direction whatever just keep an eye on her.

• AdelooAdeloo Member Posts: 1,447

i rarely played her before her rework and i actually never used addons on her either.

I'm currently trying to learn her now, and without at least brown/yellow addons to reduce the fatigue she feels so weak to learn. For me Nurse have the same potential as Huntress but definitly is harder to learn.

She isn't a bike, not playing her for weeks and you already forgot how to blink.

She has nothing for herself now and i have an easier time playing Clown for example.

But at least she is the only killer i derank with, which i don't care about and i'm still learning her coz it's good to be able to play all killers :3

• TydieTydie Member Posts: 126

I'm seeing a pattern with the people who complain about nurse nerf. I really think all of the people who are complaining were the people she got nerfed for. You guys ran her with ruin, sloppy, noed, busted addons etc. You weren't good with her to begin with, you were average at best, she was too easy to play for the payoff that she gave. I've played nurse since the day she came out, and I can still consistently 4k with her to this day. I never played her with addons or any crutch perks like ruin, and others listed above, and i basically got really good at her. I'm not gonna lie, its definitely harder because of the new base kit changes. Now I personally run the blink recharge speeds addons to get her as close as she was before because I basically played base nurse. I personally think the addons the devs reworked are mostly useless, and the base kit changes are unfortunate because i did enjoy not having to wait for a fatigue and then wait extra time until i can blink again, but i think it may have been needed. With that said, I do see how she is kind of a dead killer because only the top 1% can play her comfortably. Also, I understand how frustrating it is because, yes, its very very hard to learn her from scratch now, but i think its totally possible.

I ran Tinkerer, Surge, Discordance, and BBQ. I would say only BBQ is really meta of those tbh.

I hate playing the new Nurse. It took the skill = reward ratio she had and throw it in the garbage can, and now you spend so much time recovering from fatigue and cooldown you spend more of the game passively sitting there unable to do anything than you do actually playing the game.

It isn't fun, it wasn't well done, we still got screwed with addons, she has gamebreaking bugs that are never going to be addressed, she is in a sad state right now.

It also doesn't reward careful managing of blinks because the single best way (and probably what they are pushing for) to use her now is single blinks until chase. That is extremely limiting on gameplay and her main mechanic. Overall this is just a shitshow, especially considering so many of us in the community have offered way better changes that actually reward you for smart play and don't restrict you into playing her in one specific way.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,882

Nurse is awful on Xbox so yeah never use her and very rarely face her.

I'm curious, what addons did you run? What do you run now?

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,296

I bought dbd for my nephews xbox cause he doesn't have a pc. We didn't play for long. The console version is awful. It feels like a cash grab. Like it wasn't very well thought out. Nurse is terrible on console and I used her frequently on my pc.

My go to Nurse build was BBQ, Ruin(now pgtw), MYC and 4th perk was whatever I felt like. NC, DH, Franklins ect. Hook someone, chase somebody with BBQ, if someone made the save go back and chase the exposed survivor. I'm not tunneling off the hook >.>

edited January 2020

As counter-productive as it sounds to my arguments, I did mostly run Omega Blink. Not that I needed it to win, it just made teleporting really fun with the massive distance. I could still play just fine without it and my other go-to combo was spoon + pocket watch (I think that's a pretty common combo)

I tried to run MYC a long time back on her but the rescuer would almost always be hard to find by the time I got back to the hook and I didn't want to waste my time chasing after someone I might not find easily.

My playstyle with my build was very fun to me. I would just play regular and wait for discordance to go off and get 2+ free survivor locations and initiate regular chases.

If Tinkerer proc'd I could usually get a gen-grab or I would down them right next to the gen so Surge would go off. I got VERY used to not kicking gens after Surge was released with discordance + tinkerer to back it up. I could defend a single 95% gen for minutes on end because it would constantly reset tinkerer and I was free for grabs They get so greedy on an almost done gen.

• chockfullofmoxiechockfullofmoxie Member Posts: 11

As someone who is rank 11 and plays against 3s and 4s it’s not worth the risk. I have a hard time learning her on console and I get bullied when I try to daily’s with her.

• AAAAAAAAAA Member Posts: 558

In my humble opinion, I think it's because they made her harder without making her stronger. This was needed, but it drove away older players because they were used to their method and it was easier for them to just switch to a different killer or survivor. And it keeps away new killers because until you're a really good Nurse, survivors will kick the ######### out of you. New killers would rather play Freddy, and old killers would rather play... also Freddy. Maybe Spirit once sound is consistent. Or Billy.

edited January 2020

I figured. My point still stands. People who ran omega struggle to know her base blink muscle memory.

And my point still stands, after a single match I was fine again with her base blink distance. It never stopped me from playing her without those addons, it just made her that much more fun.

Ya know, the point of running addons in the first place?