Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Nerf Borrowed Time

CrescentGentCrescentGent Member Posts: 60
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

Since killer related stuff and things are getting nerfed patch after patch, think it's about time we address the elephant in the room, borrowed time. General consensus of Borrowed time (BT) is that your can unhook survivors and that person is granted deep wounds upon a hit after the fact. Sounds alright so far? Not only this but here's the kicker, you can use it as many times as you want!

This not only encourages YOLO saves but encourages toxic gameplay which isn't out of the norm for survivor mains anyway.

TL:DR: Nerf Borrowed time so that it may only be used once every few minutes or even better, once or twice per trial.

Comments

• LivearthLivearth Member Posts: 57

Since ruin is ruined, the survivors have more chances to reach the endgame with 4 survivors alive and you right BT turns toxic asf.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Just make BT not activate after the gates are powered.

Also Doctor and Freddy can make BT useless, so you can use them if you really have a problem with the perk.

• VetratheneVetrathene Member Posts: 1,422

And survivors don't 'play cheap'? Whatever that means. Its a no skill perk that rewards bad play. Its a bad perk and does nothing but make the game worse.

• UnicornUnicorn Member Posts: 2,306

I can see this being a problem to deal with at end game. Its completely understandable at that point, but during a game when theres still gens up, I don't see this as a problem. Also I agree, the whole "git gud" propaganda is a cop-out response.

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Survivors cannot play cheap. Or Show me the equevalant to Camping, tunneling and slugging.

• iBetClaudetteiBetClaudette Member Posts: 299
    edited January 2020

Buff Borrowed Time to combat no terror radius GhostFace and Freddy. Thanks for bringing up BT.

• T2KT2K Member Posts: 637

Cant count the times I went for the unhooker and the unhooked person with BT throws himself in front of me to tank a hit. Yeah thats totally what BT is there for. It gets abused like DS.

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Just run insidious if you want to camp and tunnel man.

• TheNewWebheadTheNewWebhead Member Posts: 22

@CrescentGent @SnakeSound222 @Unicorn This is an interesting thread to read and everyone's takes are fairly reasonable. I believe that this community could really use less toxic attitudes though like "get good" and dismissing across the aisle complaints. The way I see an arguement where someone just says "get good" with or without a perk (killer or surv), I think that arguement is counter intuitive to the point brought up by the host and is essentially a poop post. All of that to say, I see why you think a change needs to be made.

I'm a hard survivor main and I often see people abuse the system set in place by BT. Now you said making it only happen once or twice would be optimal. Why? That isn't an attack but a genuine question because as a survivor main I usually only use it once IF twice a game. Would instead a prerequisite, counter, or rework all together be better? Really curious what you think because I have a couple ideas that might be able to be built upon.

Prerequisite - Some perks come with these to counter balance the overpowered nature of the perk. For example Hidden Strength for survs. You must clean a hex totem yada yada right? So, would this seem like a fair balance to the nature of the perk. (Here is an off the top example and not some deep analysis. Please feel free to insert your own) Like maybe you start with (1,2,2) charges of BT and can only regain a charge every (110,100,90) seconds in the killer terror radius. Again, please dont hang me for my ignorance here, but I'm just trying to brainstorm.

Rework - this would be a mid chapter update most likely and change the dynamics of the perks fundamentally. Many, MANY perks have been slighted over the years (better or worse) and this perk is not immune to that. This being said by someone who runs this perk religiously (again, forgive me 🙏). Like everyone with the perk starts with (0,1,2) charges of borrowed time. Everytime you are hit after unhooking someone, you gain 1 charge up to (2,2,2). After being hit post hook, you no longer gain charges for this unhook. (Incase I worded poorly above). This would make the killer decide on whether or not to hit the hooked person or the unhooker.

Please respond with an idea or two of your own so we can explore the best use of this perk!

• iBetClaudetteiBetClaudette Member Posts: 299

So the unhooker is supposed to let you hit the unhooked survivor? He's attempting to stop you from tunneling that unhooked survivor

In that sense things like body blocking, tanking hits, blocking hooks, etc is cheap for survivors.

If they nerf BT at all they also need to make it work against stealth killers.

Mabye I didnt phrase it right. Sry english is not my first language.

I mean the unhooker gets protected by the unhooked. You go as killer for the unhooker and the unhooked one tanks a hit with BT to protect the unhooker. Hopefully that clarifies it

Just let them try to bodyblock for 15 seconds...it always catches them by surprise.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 4,282

They only change I would make to BT is to put a timer on it of say 10-15s before it activates so its not used for instantly farming others.

• Colton147Colton147 Member Posts: 523
    edited January 2020

If playing cheap shouldn't exist, then aura-reading perks on killers (Barbecue & Chili, Bitter Murmurs, Discordance, etc.) shouldn't really exist. Dead by Daylight is suppose to be a "hide-and-seek" type game and killers shouldn't have any hand-holding perks (or add-ons) then.

Tbh thats a neat tech but I never waited for BT to run out and go for the unhooked. Mby I dont deserve to be a killer :'( coz Im too nice

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

I don't run the perk myself, but my understanding is that it goes off based on terror radius, as in you have to be in it. Unless they are literally running at you as you're hooking, just move away. Hit them as they're unhooking, and if the other person dives in front of you, make them Mend and waste time!

Ghostface, Freddy, Wraith or even Pig can completely cancel BT by nkt having a Terror radius.

Perks like Monitor and Abuse or Furtive Chase can all help to alleviate this problem as well.

No other way to punish cocky swf...gotta be mean and use big brain lol.

I dont understand DbD as a hide and seek. This game is all about the interaction of killers and survs. And this interaction is also very important for the devs as they stated it.

You are totally right dude ^^ Mby I should sometimes put on my sweaty pants xD

• SkelemaniaSkelemania Member Posts: 227

I don't mind Borrowed Time or Decisive Strike because they both feel like anti-tunneling tools. And in the case of DS, as the Killer, you have some ability to play around it. If you're willing to risk Unbreakable or teammates healing while you wait for the potential DS cooldown.

What I mind more is when you get the teammates trying to farm you, that don't have BT, that still try to dehook you inside the killer's terror radius. Or they'll sprint to try to race you to get a dehook first, despite never being on a Generator & then don't have BT themselves so the Survivor immediately gets knocked down again. As a We're Gonna Live Forever gamer, I get aggravated a lot when people race me to hooks because I miss out on a stack & am usually running BT myself.

• korean_zombiekorean_zombie Member Posts: 442
    edited January 2020

The consensus is that the game is heavily survivor sided and needs balanced maps to be a fair 4 vs 1. I don't know what you are talking about, sounds like you don't play killer at all.