Home Discussions General Discussions

When is tunneling ok?

I don't like tunneling as killer, but is there any time when doing so is ok? Like example, if there is a survivor that gets unhooked and you go to the hook but only find the unhooked survivor, is it ok to go after them too, or should you leave them? I usually would either hit and slug them or let them run away and leave the area, but I feel in some cases this disadvantages me in my late game. But then the problem is if I go after them am I toxic?

Comments

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 1,205

If I see other Survivors that not the unhooked. I will go for them. But many times Unhooked just try to run away from hook, while Unhooker just crouch hide. I have to chase the one running because I dont see others. For me, it is ok. Its other Survivors' choice to make 3v1 game.

• T2KT2K Member Posts: 593

I wouldnt put too much thought in it. It depends how you like to play. If you think its neccesary then go for it. For myself I only slug/camp/tunnel if a survivor uses the hook exploit or last second switches his character in the lobby. That gets me triggered. But ofc there are situations where I think tunnel/camp/slug a survivor would help me get back into the game. I really try to avoid it. If I find the unhooked by accident again I down him and search for another one. Playing like this often negates BT or DS. But I have a lot of bad matches playing that "fair". Usually I go into the game with the mindset to only get my 4 stacks bbq. So bad games dont affect me too much.

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Would you consider it acceptable to moan when Daddy Michael throws me over his shoulder or when he vaults through a window while wearing the hospital gown?

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

No worries! I play mainly Survivor, and yes, it does suck when I get tunneled or camped, but I understand that I can’t dictate how someone else plays. I also understand that matches fly by way too fast these days and most Killers have no option other than to tunnel, slug and camp.

The Devs designed the game and they set the rules. They declared Tunneling and Camping as legitimate tactics. Don’t worry about the salt you’re going to get. Hoard it all and sprinkle it on some fries.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,332

Tunneling is not toxic and it's always okay.

However, if you're trying to make sure everyone has a good time and you're asking when it's okay to tunnel under that premise, I would say tunneling is acceptable if there is no one else for you to chase, or if the alternative is letting them escape the match.

• silverwolf4455silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 475

Tunneling is always ok. If they dont want tunneled they have ds, dead hard and by. (Play swf).

• Reaper_xxReaper_xx Member Posts: 173

I give survivors equal chances to heal but if they keep following me and go clicky clicky then they are asking for it

• DahliasdollieDahliasdollie Member Posts: 46

Not only that, but the emblem system prevents killers from tunneling and camping

• Archimedes5000Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,589

Pretty much never?

Maybe after a very unsafe unhook after downing the rescuer, if that still counts as tunneling

• mishapppmishappp Member Posts: 2

You play however you want. Your goal as the killer is to kill everyone. Not worry about the survivors well being. If you don't want to tunnel and think it's bm don't. If you want to tunnel and think it will help go ahead. Worst case scenario someone sends you a message calling you a noob. Who cares play how you want. The idea that tunneling is toxic are toxic players who have a preconceived notion that there gameplay experience should be greater then yours. Tunnel if you want.

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 2,122

Yes if a survivor has a key they want to be tunnelled. It is your duty to make sure they don't use that key.

Also, when the game is turning in the survivors favour you will probably need to play a little less "nice". If the survivors have done most of the gens and you can get someone out of the game, you should do it. It is very different from tunnelling someone at the start of the game.

• Infinity_BoredInfinity_Bored Member Posts: 416
    edited January 31

Tunneling is always okay. It is in the game. Just like genrushing, camping, DS and NOED.

Sometimes tunneling is the smartest thing to do because some teams, esp. SWF rely on one very good surv while the others have a walk in the park. Tunnel their rock and they die like flies.

If they all come to tank hits for this one person, you know you're doing it right.

• cricketscornercricketscorner Member Posts: 560

WHENEVER YOU WANT heh. But really, yeah, it's super annoying and boring when you're on the survivor side of things however I understand why people do it. I prefer not to myself but if it's one of "those" games you gotta do what ya gotta do.

Honestly if you are experienced and confident enough you probably will never need to (depending on killer + map you're playing), but with the way some of these games are going you may as well eliminate an easy target and/or eat an early DS.

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 2,122

I have been mostly tunnelling Kate in her new cosmetics. But only because I've just bought it. That's MY Kate outfit.

• ElkElk Member Posts: 2,253

I only do that with 1 or 2 gens left, especially when all gates are powered. There are other variables that make me do that too.

• GHOSTfaceP3GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,163

When I get the chance to especially when there’s no ds in the trial

• LordEmrichLordEmrich Member Posts: 258

You play any way you want to play. Don't let Survivors make you think you have to play a certain way. They're just trying to get any little advantage they can when bEhaviour has already done everything in their power to make it Survivor sided.

Also:

• evil_one_74evil_one_74 Member Posts: 283

I don't think there is a right, or wrong answer to that. I personally don't tunnel. I try to give all players an equal opportunity to play, and enjoy the match. I try to hook every survivor once as quick as possible. That gives them a chance to get points by unhooking, healing, ect. After that, they're fair game, and when I find them / I find them.

• RuncoreRuncore Member Posts: 328
    edited January 31

Camping, tunneling, slugging...etc. its all purely up to you if you use it. These tactics are totaly normal, if you like it, use it and dont ask survivors if you can or cannot use it. You are not playing killers for survivors fun but for your fun. If you like to camp, do it. If you like tunneling, dont hessitate. If you like slugging, no problem, go. Why you ask for survivors permition? Its invention of some entitled survivors that these tactics are "forbidden" and "dirty", they are not. Dont obey some imaginated and nonsense "rulebook" and play the way you like and dont ask them. Survivors have now enough power to easily escape and they dont need more benefits to have easier game. Play the way you like 😉