Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Are most people in this forum killer mains?

2»

Comments

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Has that always been the case? I got the impression you would play a decent amount of killer.

• Infinity_BoredInfinity_Bored Member Posts: 445

What you are considered to be depens on your opinion.

In one discussion i am called a salty killer main, next minute im a filthy survivor.

• silverwolf4455silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 495

Survivor main.. tho most of my problems with balance are that killers are weak and maps suck... so it may seem otherwise.

• pizzamesspizzamess Member Posts: 209

If you think nurse is a bad killer and needs to be buffed, your ignorant at best, if you think billy is the best killer in the game you are equally stupid. Spirit and nurse have been the best killers in the game for awhile. The problem is that they have massive learning curves(more nurse than spirit but she can take a bit longer used too). And billy is arguably the 3rd best in the game but it's a toss up between him hag, and huntress for most high end killer mains. So sure by this logic statistically trapper is probably one of the best killers or is atleast the most popular doesnt mean hes the strongest by a long shot and needs a nerf quite the opposite honestly if you want info on what's the best of anything in a game you look at what the best players are using not what the bottom 90% are using.

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,900

I said OTHER PEOPLE claiming billy is the best are wrong according to the statistics released as both spirit and freddy have higher KR then him from the most recent stats(Which mind you are from November as they haven't been updated sense then).

Also nurse isn't in the best spot as people always claim she is the best but have no proof of it so I go by what stats we have and when she barely has a higher KR then CLOWN at red it should be telling of her power when people in red ranks can barely out perform clown with her according to the stats.

Give me undeniable evidence that the nurse is the best then I'll agree until then I'll go by what the stats.

Idk what most of your tangent is even on as its unrelated to my comment as I have said nothing about trapper or play rates(popularity) or only using overall data as I used both in my explanations such as nurse being the THIRD WORST IN RED RANKS.

• cipherbay_cipherbay_ Member Posts: 344

Aside from "Camping" and "Tunneling" survivors dont really have much to complain about since the game is already in their favor.

• NamelessNameless Member Posts: 778
    edited February 2020

I mainly play survivor but I used to enjoy both roles, which is something I can’t say atm.

Also why are you labelling everyone disagreeing with you when you don’t know these people. Ever considered that maybe people genuinely just don’t like some of your opinions?

• BeardedragonBeardedragon Member Posts: 425

thats probably because most that have a reason to complain are killers, given that the math never added up for killers and are heavily in favor for survivors.

most that go to a forum do so to complain about something or voice their opinion, so if its harder on killers, its natural that most on the forum would be killers.

• ZoneDymoZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

I would hope most people, by FAR, play both sides

• Primalux135Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

Maybe the reason is while survivor is easier, very chilled and the bugs get fixed in 1 day they dont have any reason to complain.

• _VTK__VTK_ Member Posts: 227

Some people have life and friends, they are more positive and social, they play survivor. Others are more anti-social, they are always unhappy with everything, have less friends, they usually main killer.

Many killer mains are always unsatisfied with everything, they only notice negative things: like if both survivors and killers get nerfed, they only notice the latter, but they are not able to realize that, that's why they camp this forum and complain, complain, complain.

• snozersnozer Member Posts: 776

Naturally the side with the most problems and largest imbalance will be the loudest on any forum, no matter what game it is.

Survivor bugs- fixed in 1 week tops

Killer bugs- Its a new feature!

Or 6 months to 2 years to fix as long as it is not detrimental to survivors.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 4,262

Just gonna put this out there.

The stats don't mean what you think they do.

They are over all platforms and Nurse has never performed as well on console due to frame rate and sensitivity.

They were taken just after the change where players were learning them and getting used to her again.

If we take the Nurse stats as showing a true reflection then we must then take all the others which means some killers are well above the 50/50 and all are above which means none need any buffs which we know isn't the case.

• KatzengottKatzengott Member Posts: 531

If i play Survivor, i'm a Survivor-Main. If i play Killer, i'm a Killer-Main.

Still it's really important to play both sides for a better understanding.

• TokkernTokkern Member Posts: 74
  • MandyTalkMandyTalk Administrator, Co-ordinator, BHVR Posts: 18,318

I play both sides and have done for a long, long time. However, it's quite funny when I'm called a killer or survivor main depending on what opinion I have with regards to anything specific from either side - despite the fact that I'm pretty unbiased as I understand the frustrations on both sides of the game.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,112

I do play both sides in red ranks but I’ve always played survivor more.

• Mellow7Mellow7 Member Posts: 792

Yeah but are you a survivor main? You dodged the question.

• FluorescentLemonFluorescentLemon Member Posts: 257

Found the Survivor main everyone. Ree this mod. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 3,676

Most of my playtime is as killer but since 2019 I've been playing survivor a lot more. I think the reason why so many people defend killer based opinions on these forums in because of the reason that killers are actually overall the weaker role from sole view of perfeft 4 survivors vs perfect killer gameplay point of view.

But since the matchmaking is so horribly messed up it causes many very mediocre/bad solo survivors into games with rather experienced seasoned killers that will crush them in 75%+ of their games since survivors heavily rely on teamwork. Then they once in while they meet meta SWF team who are really good as well and lose thus leaving them with feeling that when they face good players they are almost powerless to do anything about them and even if they win it's usually very short unsatisfying match. These 2 extreme situations are the average match of DBD. Not many people have much fun if they're either completely crushing or are beiing completely crushed. Back and forward matches with decent length are imao the most fun ones to play.

What we really need is to make all killers at least decently threatful (something similiar to new Doc rework) and buff solo surivors accordingly in a way that can't be easily abused by seasoned SWF groups. That paired with very needed map reworks and ensuring decent minimal match length for both sides is what DBD devs and players should really strive for.

And since most of these things can be considered as survivor nerfs if put out of context it results in many players who voice these opinions out on the forums look like they are biased killer mains when in reality rather decent portion of them just want fair matches for both sides.

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

I am a survivor main and i despise the survivors that ask the game to be made even easier for survivors. I want a decent challenge and not free wins due to the game being skewed in one sides favor. There is hardly any challenge left in this game when playing with friends. I hope the devs will fix this in the future and stop listening to people that are so bad that they make solo experience horrible.