The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Dedicated Server ping issues

cyph0rgcyph0rg Member Posts: 6
edited January 28 in Technical Issues

Hello,

So I have a gigabit fiber-optics connection, live in Toronto, however for some reason most matches I get into in the game, I get a ping of 140ms+

Following are links to steam screenshots of 4 matches back-to-back, and some of them I tried dodging to maybe get a better ping in the next lobby - NO SUCH LUCK.

And here are some of my Speedtest.net results in different parts of the world - from best case to worst:

P.S- All tests done on the "Single Connection" mode for best comparability and so it doesn't allow my connection to "stretch it's legs"..

So I do understand that game server vs speedtest server will have some more overhead..

But why do I get better ping to Tokyo than I do in a DBD match in North America?

Best regards,

cyph0rg.

Post edited by cyph0rg on

Comments

• forthelulzforthelulz Member Posts: 97

Grab the IP addresses of the servers it connects you to and manually tracert and ping them to see where they are located and how you're being routed to them.

There are currently two N.A locations: North Virginia & Oregon so it should be one of them.

• cyph0rgcyph0rg Member Posts: 6
    edited January 30

I did as you said, found two IP addresses for Virginia there, here's the tracert results for both:

All the pings seem perfect to me, however in game.... Well, you've seem the screenshots.

EDIT: Found another address, here's the tracert result for this one:

Post edited by cyph0rg on
  • KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 1,417

Might be worth flushing your DNS in windows and by rebooting your router (turn it off for 5-ish mins, turn back on) and see if that helps.

All that "request time out" tells me there's issues with some packets getting dropped, which might explain the ping.

edited February 1

I wouldn't post here if I wouldn't have tried everything I can on my part..

I am not a beginner when it comes to computers and networking.

Thing is, the issue is not persistent, it comes and goes, different days, different hours etc..

But the thing is, DBD is the only problematic service.. Don't have issues with anything else.

Is it worth talking to your ISP and see if they can monitor it for anything odd? Might help track down the root of the issue.

I have, and according to them there are no visible issues..

So either they're lying, which I wouldn't put past them, or the issue isn't on this end.

It's definitely some kind of routing error based on all those time out messages.

Are you using their DNS servers?

Your ISP's.

That's the default. Your connection will use their DNS servers, but you can change it. Like I run all my PC's through the google ones instead as it seems to work better than my ISP's.

• Pumkinz_Pumkinz_ Member Posts: 2

Before rank reset and the dc penalty went into affect we had 169 pings here in Guam. Now we go to play and it’s 269-300.