Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
Reminder for Forum Users, please do not share codes here. This is something that is expressly against the rules of this forum.

Why did you quit DBD

Comments

• Aura_babyyAura_babyy Member Posts: 583

Your response is a literal wake up call and a smack of reality to people. Props to you.

• TWiXTTWiXT Member Posts: 1,898
    edited January 2020

Your quick response is heartwarming, but I'm not going to spell it all out here. Give the link a read, and if you don't have the time to read the full version, I also included a TL;DR version in it to give you and others the basic idea of how the killer works. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it, and will leave constructive comments about it in the post I linked for you.

• Xx_Daniel_xX69Xx_Daniel_xX69 Member Posts: 214

So are those numbers before or after the ruin nerf? I'm pretty sure we don't have stats yet with new ruin so it seems redudent to talk about kills and escapes.

Fact: Maybe bring proof to back up your statement.

• ninjamediness64ninjamediness64 Member Posts: 125

I haven't quit, but I'm definitely not playing as much as I used to. Playing killer is too stressful for the fun I get out of it, and I'm not as interested in playing survivor unless I'm with a friend. I'm waiting for something from the devs to encourage me to play, but so far the game's been going downhill.

The Oni buff this patch was the one thing that kept me going for a while after the Ruin nerf, though.

• xEcoLog1cDuk3XxxEcoLog1cDuk3Xx Member Posts: 441

I came back because there "was promising potential" in the year 2019. Reason i'm quitting again, because the devs are spoon feeding trash survivors wins. ie survivors are back to being braindead

• DaGreenBoltDaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453

I'll just post what I said in another thread:

For me it wasn't Ruin itself that makes me quit. It's the fact that they nerfed Ruin without address the issue of gens and/or maps, and the fact that the nerf was based on frustrations to play against as a new survivor and people who cant hit skill checks. That's what was putting me off.

And yeah you are right I wasn't enjoying it in the first place, I played DBD since January 2018, and I was having a good time till around Apiril of 2019, when the Legion "rework" (aka the gutting of Legion) happened. The fact that the devs were beginning to ignore feedback, was the start of the unenjoyment of the game. I started playing less and less over time until the Nurse nerf happened, where no feedback was even considered. That was the big kicker for me, and that was when I starting playing the game like twice a week and playing a few matches before being burnt out. The Oni, and the second Legion nerf (seriously nerfing an already gutted killer) just added fuel to the fire, since Devs sill didn't listen to feedback. The Hex: Ruin nerf and the fact they didn't address the issue was the straw that broke the camels back.

I'm already playing multiple games that are enjoying, such as War Thunder, Bo1, Bo2, and Bo3 zombies, and I'm planning to play Last Year.

TLDR: It wasn't the Ruin nerf, but the fact the core issue wasn't address, and the fact since April of 2019, the Devs ignored feedback and just listen to new players.

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I haven't played DBD in at least 5 straight months yet I still visit the forums almost daily.

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 2,318

After spending hundreds of hours getting toxic abuse from survivors (and occasionally when I played survivor the fewer toxic killers) I was tempted to quit and played less than I was before.

Then they changed Nurse and completely and utterly ignored our feedback while forcing changes on us that are clearly done by people who don't understand her. That was what pushed me over the edge.

Now I just lurk on the forums and keep Nurse discourse as relevant as I can in hopes that the devs will see we DON'T LIKE THE CHANGES AND HAVE OFFERED SO MANY BETTER ONES.

• DingDongsDingDongs Member Posts: 684
    edited February 2020

Playing as solo survivor: Boring match due to killer is noob thanks to broken matchmaking, Boring match due to early die thanks to camp/tunnel/mori, Frustrate match dues to top tier killer or insta down pink addon, Tired of seeing campfire and waste my time for loooong match finding

Playing with frie- OOPS! YOU DON'T HAVE A FRIEND TO PLAY TOGETHER

Playing as Killer: Frustrate due to gen rush, swf and toxic. (Good luck playing killer with terrible map pressure against 4 swf with key/toolbox/flashlight. I dare you)

WHERE IS THE FUN FROM THIS GAME? I SERIOUSLY SEE WHY IT IS WORTH TO QUIT

Also i'm already addict to other game so why give a s**t about this game?

You're welcome for that, and I hope I didn't come across as too harsh for many out there. Its just frustrating to see posts like this one repeated "En Mass" over small or petty reasoning.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,882

@aregularplayer

Preach.

Don’t understand this one either. If I uninstalled I would have left a long time ago. Guess some people have time to kill.

• NegiNegi Member Posts: 336

I quit because games are too fast. On the survivor side, lobbies are too long for games that last so short, always felt in control which I think playing survivor should have a bit of tenseness to it. On the killer side, way too stressful to deal with these fast games and all the changes did was make bad killers even worse, killing variety and playstyles.

• KycerKycer Member Posts: 337

I got sick and tired of the devs’ decisions regarding balance for the red ranks.

So far, it has been a month since I deleted the game and I don’t even feel like I missed it. However, I will still check the forum from time to time because I still have a bit of hope that the devs will wake up one day and fix what they did.

• TronicusTronicus Member Posts: 19

I just quit not more than an hour ago. I quit because of a myriad of things. First off, wait times. Waiting 10+ minutes for a match. Second, would have to be all of the bugs that this game has and continues to generate. When one mistake can end the game for you, you don't need that mistake coming from bug you can't control. Third, is the community itself. I have tried to stay positive with this game but it's kind of hard when the community is a vast sea of negativity. People are always complaining about something and some even go out of their way to make games miserable for others. I'm sure I'll be a lot better off without DbD

@DingDongs

Clearly something still keeps you here. They will make money simply because even you are still talking about the game.

• FeydFeyd Member Posts: 428

They released these stats not that long ago, even disregarding all games where someone DC'd. They were posted right here on the forums. The kill rate was something like 60% even if you only count all games where all the survivors played until they escaped or died.

If you counted the DC games that number would be astronomically more in favor of killers. Killers just like being able to walk in and 4k the majority of their games without effort.

• AvisDeeneAvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I didn’t t quit, but if I do it’s most likely from burnout and the lack of any endgame.

I also don’t like stories where there isn’t any hope for the characters. So I’m not too fond of the survivors being stuck in the Entity’s realm forever until they’re empty husks.

The story writers need to unleash Dwights true power and have him counter The Entity.

• DocFabronDocFabron Member Posts: 2,408

I quit killer because survivor is the power role.

• TalmeerTalmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited February 2020

Well... Depending on what you are saying, I doubt it.

The nr.1 question I get from dbd veterans that have left is: "Is dbd still that boring m1 game?".

And my answer then is: "yes".

Because it is. I will not start to lie, to the people that I know, just so that this game get some customers back.

If they like to let me say "no". They actual need to put more actions for killers and survivors in.

Of course, I know that is exactly the opposit of what the devs seems to achieve at the moment, but while parts of the it-industry seem to think that their customers are nothing more as braindead sheeps (and that is for sure in parts true), there are also people that not fit in this category.

And those people like to have challenges. They like to have interessting chases and they would like to do more as only pressing m1, to repair a gen, to heal themself and to escape.

One of my best friends was almost more annoyed about the Legion rework as I was - and I am still pretty damn annoyed from it - and he was a survivor main!

Can you believe it?

His mainreason for being so annoyed about it, was because he has lost with the Legion rework 1 of the last true challenges, dbd had.

Today there is just Hillbilly left and maybe 1-10% of the Nurse-playerbase that could give him a change to the usal and that is for some people not enough.

@Talmeer

Do if hillbilly is the only killer you see these days, why do I keep seeing Clowns, Huntresses, Legions (played against 3 today), and Trappers?

I play killer too and I don’t think it’s a boring M1 game. You are entitled to think that but kinda seems pointless to say when your presence still remains here. Like could you imagine telling your friends “Yeah I quit that boring game but I still frequent the forums to post things.”

I would take it with a grain of salt at that point. Because obviously something keeps you coming back.

• TalmeerTalmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited February 2020

I mean with only killer: Killers who can be actual really strong and dominate matches were other killers would have not been aible to and are on top of that killers that really feel unique, because they are of their game mechanics.

In dbd is not every killer on the same stage of the pyramid - not surprising by the mass of killers that exist in dbd.

As we all know - some survivors hate it strongly to get challenged by them. While others enjoy it. I think both is right and for both should it give a place.

And yes, I keep coming back. Checking for possible bugfixes, balance changes and maybe if dbd starts to walk in the right direction. Really necessary for me is just at the moment a bugfix, I wait for - as also said already before.

• DingDongsDingDongs Member Posts: 684
    edited February 2020

I'm ONLY here in forum to wait for fix ALL the terrible problem and balance patch from updates and news

Just me talking to this game doesn't make me want to touch my wallets at all. Heck, i didn't open DbD for 2 weeks now

• BeardedragonBeardedragon Member Posts: 425

i quit the game ages ago because the math didnt add up between how long it took a killer to chase, hook and kill survivors, contra how fast it was for survivors to do gens.

the ball was never on the killers side, it was never the killer, that dictated the game. it was directly unfair.

Ive come back like a week ago and i see the game, at that point, hasnt changed. i will keep playing for a while now, though.

probably untill i get too frustrated with the gen rush and loops as i was before.

• BrendanLeeTBrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272

Since you like to preach stats a whole bunch and say the staffs are correct, Nurse is the weakest killer in the game, right? If you don't believe that then why? You believe the kill rates at 70+% so why not believe the nurse kill rates?

If you're going to say because a lot of babies play nurse then ding ding ding! The amount of boosted survivors scattered across the board inflate kill rates heavily, the amount of time I only had a 2k at end game and then went to a 4k due to over altruistic survivors is unreal.

Besides with the Ruin nerf I'm going to assume that the kill rates will have dropped.

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 2,318

Nurse isn't easy mode. She's challenging and takes a lot of skill to even preform mediocre.

Sure I could switch to Freddy again but as much as I love trap killers (including Hag but she's too easily countered by SWF) I like teleporting more. And his teleport never really vibed with me. If it worked on completed generators and was a more fluid ability I might have switched but they focused more on his traps so... :(

• ElvenmonkElvenmonk Member Posts: 367

Legit I miss stacking 4 purple fog potions and then it is a trapper or hag

• shwagshwag Member Posts: 417

90% of the community is toxic across the board (social media, forums, in game/post game)

To many nerfs.

Que times on ps4 are insane due to lack of killers.

Awful balance.

Seems like the devs care more about selling battle passes and cosmetics rather then devote more time on bug fixes.

• KilmeranKilmeran Member Posts: 3,139

Why did I quit DbD?

Broken matchmaking for one. And the current break is not the first time it happened in 2019, either. Only this one has now carried into 2020.

For two, a complete and utter lack of confidence in the DbD development team.

edited February 2020

I DON'T. Don't get me wrong, for Hag and Trapper that thicker fog was an amazing advantage, but for all other killers, it was a nightmare! I also don't miss survivors stacking 4 "New Moon Bouquet's" and picking the darkest cosmetics for Claudette. Tru3Talent illustrates that point vividly here:

Killer Players have had to put up with this kind of BS for so long, that the recent updates have been a breath of fresh air in comparison (yes, even the nerfs to Nurse and spirit)... mainly because of what the devs have done to balance things in the killers favor without going too far in the past year and a half. There have been a plethora of truly awful times in the past for this game, for both sides (mostly the killers though) wherein if a player complained by saying that they were gonna quit because of how unfair their role was, I literally couldn't blame them, nor would I try to dissuade them from their decision. Now however, this game is so much more balanced for both sides, and that makes the game much more enjoyable than it has ever been in the past. A bright future is ahead for this game... here's hoping that the devs stick to it and don't forsake us in a decision to move on to a new project.