Home Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Dead Hard SHOULD NOT grant immunity against bear traps

124»

Comments

• pizzamesspizzamess Member Posts: 136

Sure dude you only use it cause its sometimes useful, uh huh, by this logic ruin was a weak perk since it got taken out early so much since there were so many variables that led to it being inconsistent like totem spawns, player spawns, gen spawns, etc. And as such needed a buff not a nerf.

• BloodMoneyMercBloodMoneyMerc Member Posts: 192

Dead hard in its current state is generally fine, but I'm thinking about how the concept behind the perk is flawed. I don't usually have a problem with the perk unless I play Trapper, & in certain cases it can screw over a killer completely. Even if the perk doesn't work correctly a good amount of the time it shouldn't have the ability to hard counter a trap.

• LustForBPLustForBP Member Posts: 611

Is this a PC thing? I do not experience these issues on Xbox. Even in my time playing a trapper I never even paid attention this small detail.

• KevasdKevasd Member Posts: 1

just no, just no

• MrDardonMrDardon Member Posts: 858

That's why you don't place Traps on standing pallets. I wouldn't even do it if I had the Iri. Stone

• pizzamesspizzamess Member Posts: 136

Sure dude, but without a question mark cause that not a question

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 1,543

Agreed 100%.

I understand this is a horror 'fantasy' game...but the fact you can run over a bear trap defies logic.

One of Trapper's major tactics is to hit a survivor, putting them in to a panic and having them carelessly run in to a trap.

With Dead Hard, this is easily overcome. And that's not right.

• avilmaskavilmask Member Posts: 591
    edited February 3

Well, not so long ago there was a change to one certain perk that gave faster recovery from stuns to recovery from only pallet stuns (and some extra conditions if its Wraith). So, ugh, you know, for consistancy reasons this perk probably should be looked at.

• Archimedes5000Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,589
    1. Doctor: you can DH to gain distance, but you still get shocked, so you have to leave the loop, alternatively loop one more time, get shocked again and go down
    2. Demogorgon, Hillbilly and Bubba: they force you to drop pallets early and then destroy the pallet forcing you to leave the loop. DH cant do [BAD WORD] about it.
    3. Hag: if she traps the loop properly, you will either get hit even if you DH, or you have to leave the loop.
    4. Nurse: you can DH to avoid getting hit, but you still have to leave the loop, Nurse doesnt give a [BAD WORD] about loops, she just blinks.
    5. Spirit: most of the time she uses her power you are forced to leave the loop or she will find you. You can DH to avoid getting hit, but leaving the loop is a better idea

So no, most of these killers can force you to leave the loop even if you have DH, so there is nothing wrong with Trapper being able to disable loops too. DH is fine, but shouldnt be able to counter Bear Traps

• Tingly4TrapperTingly4Trapper Member Posts: 32

They could make it so dead harding over a trap still closes the trap but doesn't trap the survivor. This would completely fix the issue of Trapper having to pick up his trap to continue a chase.