Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Saying noed is a crutch and for trash killers is a horrible and DISRESPECTFUL statement

Comments

• Inaccurate_PlayerInaccurate_Player Member Posts: 10
    edited February 2020

I agree with this. In no way am I trying bash people who use it, but BT encourages risky plays by survivors, and allows you to do something you wouldn't have been able to do before. People say it's to counter tunneling/camping, but good survivors will use that time to do gens.

My thoughts on NOED are it's fine. If you do bones you won't have to worry about it much. While yes, some players do use it as a crutch perk, but if you do bones it's a waste of a perk slot

• TheBilldozerTheBilldozer Member Posts: 154

I think you need to take a break man.

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Its the truth. Getting carried by a perk that entirely rewards doing nothing is sad, and those players are the worst.

• hex_genrushhex_genrush Member Posts: 736

No perfectly fine bro, I don’t use noed for my main killers, I’m just mad at the people who bash killers who use noed

• ThisGuuy83ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

"COUGH" Swf's is the biggest crutch in this game "COUGH" .

Uh-oh... I can already hear the claws tapping...

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 9,665

Yes, all those perks give you second chances at life for failing and asking absolutely nothing of you.

I'm not saying NOED is unbalanced, it's completely fair. What I am saying is that it's unheallthy design in that just like those survivor perks it gives you a second chance for failing and asking nothing skillful of you.

• korean_zombiekorean_zombie Member Posts: 442

I'm down with that comment and frankly only have issues with the survivor perks. Hook tech, and DS gen interrupts / locker plays. They undermine the intent of the perk. It is not possible to undermine NOED as far as I know.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 9,665

Yes the survivor ones are highly abusable outside of their intended purpose while NOED is not.

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 7,632

Except if gens don't get done or you are sacrificed lol

It doesn't always pop? Also the majority of the time it does nothing because you're already healthy and don't need a speed boost?

edited February 2020
  • doitagain_doitagain_ Member Posts: 718

NOED is a must with the current state of the game.

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 2,791

As someone who plays both roles a ton...it is a crutch.

• gaydavidkinggaydavidking Member Posts: 154

If you have fun running NOED, who cares what survivors think. They'll get over it or they won't, either way just play what's fun for you. Not all killers play to be super skilled or even care about rank. As long as you're having fun, you're doing it right.

• POISONOUS_OXIDEPOISONOUS_OXIDE Member Posts: 40
    edited February 2020

This videos sums it all up, I left it on another thread about NOED.

No matter what advantages or what the killer does survivors always believe they should get away. Look at bt, ds, even body blockers( I hate when someone body blocks but I don’t complain it’s part of the game) I will agree that being a camping killer is a pretty ######### way to play but for some killers it’s hard when survivors have so many advantages.

Learn, adapt, improve, survivors are more OP than killers and they hardly ever get nerfed.

https://youtu.be/mz296Izw-S8

• SanityNightSanityNight Member Posts: 101
    edited February 2020

I get get what your saying here, as a person who plays in both sides. Us survivors can't blame anyone but ourselves. For me it's always like a little guessing game "like oh I bet this killer might have noed (90% of the time wrong btw). It is definitely a good perk for killers and can help keep them motivated because even as a green rank killer I use it every once in awhile, especially on bad days. I don't get why everyone complains about it on the survivor side... Maybe just.... 👀....

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Get good? ✧・゚: ✧・゚:

(Just do bones, dammnnnnn.) ฅ(^・ω・^ฅ)

• mike4156mike4156 Member Posts: 222

it is for bad killers though, the kids who hate to feel like they lost because they can't take an L.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,876

Whether the perk is considered a crutch or not is irrelevant use whatever you want to.

In an idealistic world no one would judge you on whatever perks you running but sadly we're not in an idealistic world and people judge you based on anything they can.

It's the main reason why people tend to throw out camping and tunneling in situations where it wasn't there it's easier to blame someone else than yourself.

If you like noed use it as long as you're having fun that's all that matters

• LaakeriLaakeri Member Posts: 835
    edited February 2020

Good killers rather use perks to help them in chase or to track survivors.

That being said its very obvious for survivors when killer potentially has noed due to their playstyle in chases so its smart to cleanse well hidden totems and leave easy ones incase of noed.

Also if killer gets more than 1 kill out of noed thats survivors being bad.

• cipherbay_cipherbay_ Member Posts: 344

You can call a kill deserved or not, with broken map sizes, gen speeds and SWF, camped, tunneled or slugged. A kill is a kill

• a_good_playera_good_player Member Posts: 194

If you are a good killer, you know that noed is a waste of a slot perk. Instead of it, just use a perk that improves your chance of winning BEFORE the end game. Also, noed is annoying because gives kills to a killer that's not GOOD ENOUGH to win whitout this crutch(yeah, it is a crutch, whatever you say). But there are a lot of survivor's crutch perks, that are annoying to face as killer. So, if you want to use it, go on.

This discussion has been closed.