Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Honestly that Otz game is sooo far from normal survivors

2»

Comments

• Stitch7833Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

waters not actually wet by definition, water may make objects wet as something needs to be dry before it comes wet. but either way survivor is too easy and boring, a decent survivor team will ######### on nearly all killers, hell i solo que and random perk wheel and i still escape way too much, some games i de-pip because they went too fast. balancing around people who are scared to do gens or just stay in a terror radius and cant even lead on a chase shouldnt even be near red, probably green rank at best, i shouldnt get rank 2`s who miss skillchecks, hide 90% of the match around the edge or lead on 5 second chases... not a red rank

• Aura_babyyAura_babyy Member Posts: 583

Yeah my bad for lumping you in with the whineys from the BT DS dogma

this is why you keep track of time/days to find the best time to play each role, i notice patterns when i play killer so i tend to avoid them, sure they may be instant lobbies but i dont wanna play against a bunch of tryhard swf sweats while i just do random killer wheel to have fun

• NullEXENullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

No it's really not that far from bormal survivors, and its very easy to do for survivors.

Survivors completely ignoring the killer and still completing objectives is not a new thing in the game. Just everyone who spoke about it till now was not heard, but now people are finally actually paying attention.

• johnmwarnerjohnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

My late night games as Purple killer I tend to end up against all red ranks like I said, BUT this is where the bad red ranks come in because I generally get 2-4 kills and maybe one game per night out of 10 they just abuse me, teabag and all escape... I’ll take those odds. Then I close chat and leave for my next game before risking getting ripped on in chat.

• Dr_doom_j2Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

Upvote strictly for the water is wet cliche takedown. It's always markedly false, water is a liquid, it can't by definition get wet.

Other than that, no idea what you both were discussing, carry on.

• JasonisanicefellaJasonisanicefella Member Posts: 377

If you watch Otz consistently you will see that he has an understanding of the game, beyond the majority of the red ranks killers, sometimes he has borderline future predictions.

So for Otz to sweat that hard and win, only considering that the team had gens skills but weak looping skills, it means that there is a problem.

Most of my games in eu on ps4 are similar to that, swf with crazy gen skill and very short games.

Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose but a game like this isn't fun for anybody including the same survivors.

As we often exchange messages, it is clear that a lot of these survivors are not OK with 6-7 Mins game and a 10ins queue.

These problems need to be addressed, because currently the best way to play dbd is gen protection, no chases meta, like true talent does.

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 3,676

Tbh as killer and even as solo survivor (both red ranks ofc) it's not that uncommon. Understandably it varies from time to time but I'd say my average for games like this would be around 3,5/10.

just the usual talk which most people dont understand, i just dont get how people think its just to balance a game around people who do nothing most of the game and cant actually play... but in the end what do i know, its not like iv been rank 1 killer and survivor for over 2 years and know all tiles and nearly all totem spawns, could hit ruin and played every killer with every perk. but if 4 people like me end up on a team the killer is lucky to get enough hooks to even get a kill before we all escape...

• ImmortalReaverImmortalReaver Member Posts: 243

Posting a whole new thread as a reply to another one is such an attention grabbing pathetic move.

Dude i hate playing survivor, some games go so quick i cant believe i waited so long for it, but not only that you nearly de-pip for escaping.. i want longer more interesting games, i love to get chases, i love to see different killers and perks but that gets less and less how this goes on, sure if you play killer and get a full team that cant play and hide it can be fun and longer but when you go against or have good team mates then the game isnt as fun. it should be less about escaping (after all youre entertainment for the entity) and more about what you do in the trial. i just dot get how people are okay with this how it is, i mostly play survivor now compared to 2 years ago but at least i can admit ho easy this game is and how broken it is when people can actually play really well

• Thanatos_xThanatos_x Member Posts: 201

Idk, I'll have games with no slowdown perks and I'll get an easy 4K or something with maybe 1/2 gens done, and other games will be more like that Otz video where I just can't do enough to slow down the game. Granted they did have 2 fast toolboxes and Prove Thyself, but I feel like you can't really say "games at this rank are like this" because it varies heavily a lot of the time

the toolboxes wasnt even the strongest and there as only two, but what youre saying is when you arent playing against the actual good red rank players the games fine, but when you go against people who actually play like the real old red ranks then you cant do anything about it... and thats the problem, the game shouldnt have to rely on survivors being terrible and afraid to do gens etc. for you to do well and have fun...

• Farshad7913Farshad7913 Member Posts: 58

just because YOU dont see it everyday doesnt mean it doesnt exist. it exists and its a problem and it needs to be fixed. there is no more ruin so no one can just say you should have had ruin and applied pressure, its in the game and it needs to go away.

• ohheyitsbobcatohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,277

I'm on ps4 and I agree with him for the most part. I play at all different times of day, US East as well as red ranks. I normally play Wraith, Myers, Doctor and Freddy using the Spirit Fury/Enduring/BBQ/4thPerk as my main build but switching it up depending on how I'm feeling. I've been playing since just before Clown was released and in my time I have seen maybe 1 squad I could consider a deathsquad that made me think, I could never have won this game no matter what I did or how I played.

Against SWF's I'll usually have a tough game but whether I win, lose or draw will depend on the map as well as how many mistakes I made during the match and how well they played as a team. A lot of factors go into it but I feel like I always had the chance to win if I do end up losing.

Against your average group of people I will almost always 3k as I normally don't worry about hatch and I'll also just give hatch to people if I curbstomped them and got my BBQ stacks already. I don't camp unless the gates are powered in which case I will camp to secure a kill or down more people if they plan to be altruistic. I do slug if the situation calls for it and I almost always try to secure some kind of 3-gen strat from the beginning if possible.

So from my own experiences, I would say I get an obvious SWF group in maybe 1 of 5 matches in which the game can very well go either way depending on the circumstances. The other 4/5 matches I will normally win unless I mess up hard or they pull off some crazy good plays. The 1in100 deathsquad will curbstomp me as they would almost anyone.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some people do have bad luck and face deathsquads more than you're average joe but more often than not people will think they're facing a group of gods when in reality it's just a normal SWF and they played awfully while using awful perks on an awful map.

Just my own opinion from my experiences of the game so far. ^_^

• OrionbashOrionbash Member Posts: 697

Oh good lord.

First of all, Otz only applied pressure on the first 2 gens that were side by side and the last gen. Middle game he relied too heavily on Bitter Murmur and only downed survivors out of position/doing nothing. This left the other survivor to go and do all the gens.

Otz isn't dumb. He knows very well that you can start slugging to buy time. He did it before ruin was nerfed. And he didn't even use old ruin all that often.

He also wasted time chainsawing injured survivors when a simple M1 would have sufficed.

And that map is terrible for Billy due to all the obstruction.

• JasonisanicefellaJasonisanicefella Member Posts: 377

I agree, the game should be fun for both and sitting on gens is not, chasing is fun but sometimes the game ends in 3-5 chases.

As for the pip, at Red ranks you won't pip as a survivor unless the killer manages to give you some people on the hook to ubhook/heal etc

You are absolutely right

• gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,773

I agree with you overall. But it doesn't change the fact that this is still a possibility, and even regular for some players. You shouldn't balance around the 1% but BHVR is outright refusing to acknowledge this is even possible and actively attempting to convince players otherwise.

• johnmwarnerjohnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

I agree you shouldn't have to rely on the survivors being potato to win, but therein lies the problem. If we make it "fair and balanced," for the best killers vs the best survivors then everyone else will suffer and that makes up like 90+ percent of the player base. BHVR clearly has to worry about appealing to the masses. Also, I am one of the masses lol I am not elite by any stretch.

well you see if the ranking was better and balanced around those more skilled then it wouldnt matter, everyone should fit into the ranks theyre at so if you arent a strong survivor you shouldnt be going against a really strong killer, youd go against someone your skill. but due to the balance people like me who could normally hit ruin and lead on insane chases for people who struggled with ruin the game is a breeze. so atm i try my best to make it fair and fun, i do no items random perks as survivor and im still escaping way too often and too fast... eh shame

• OmansOmans Member Posts: 700

Despite the few times he hit trees/rocks, he outperformed the entire survivor team massively. To put it in different terms, it was like Otz was playing at a master level, and the survivors were plat. Not even one survivor showed a good play in that game, and yet they almost won. That's troubling. If even one of those survivors played like a red rank survivor, he lost that game.

• Dr_doom_j2Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

Eh, I hear you, but I've been playing since right before LF came out. Red rank killer for two years and some change. There have been several life events and changes to my living status to the point I'm currently back in California.

Here, the death squads are quite real and come out at night. Hell, I took a long hiatus, came back to rank 14 killer in a new region of the US, and got only red rank and purple rank survs, so even if I wanted to I can't avoid these groups unless I just don't play. But I agree to a point, maps and gen speeds with toolboxes are what affect this game for the worse right now.

• andyollollollandyollolloll Member Posts: 940

I don't mean to be upsetting anyone but the four survivors were simply a SWF on comms, something that is less frequent to most main DBD streamers who use PC rather than console.

The video simply showed how a team of survivors showing no skill/who didn't know how to loop simply communicate and run to the next gen only using 2 toolboxes, it shows how difficult it is for a decent player with a top tier killer.

BHVR have created then changed a game to where killers are at a huge disadvantage and only win if survivors make mistakes.

I don't mean to upset survivors how easy or killers with how impossible it is at the moment

• JHondoJHondo Member Posts: 1,122

Part of why I enjoy watching Otz's videos is because he tries different and unconventional builds. Yes like anyone on YouTube he does use clickbaity titles but in his videos he compliments smart plays and doesn't really let ######### get to him when games aren't going great. The problem with this specific video is people are using it to push such and such agenda based on the title of the video when in actuality there's so many things to unpack on both sides its not a great representation of the biggest frustrations from survivors or killers. It's also one match of who-the-hell knows how many he played that day. In some of his videos he even states he won't put a match up on YouTube if players DC or its not a great match. There was one where he was playing a slugging plague build and said in the video that he lost so many matches with that build before doing well and that he'd most likely upload that video where he was doing amazing. It's all about spinning a narrative and putting your best public image forward.

• Leachy_JrLeachy_Jr Member Posts: 1,834

You can 2 man save pretty much guaranteeing an escape if done properly with DS and BT. With 3 people it works even better.