The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Game Keeps Hard Crashing as Killer

I am playing on Xbox One for reference. I do not know what is wrong with the game, I reinstalled it recently after taking a long break because I was interested in the The Archive. However i cannot play the game because whenever I get into a game as the killer it crashes. I can go usually 5-10 minutes and then game will abruptly and completely close and I will be staring at the Xbox One dashboard. It does this EVERY time so I cannot play Killer AT ALL.

I have already tried completely uninstalling the game and reinstalling it and that did nothing to help.

I know it is not my internet, all of my other devices are fine and no one else in the house is having service issues with anything. Even if it was just the internet disconnecting I don't see how that would make the app completely close.

It is not just my Xbox I am able to play other games online just fine for extended periods of time.

Is this a known issue at all? Please help me if you can.

Comments

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 1,417

Any error messages at all when it does crash?

• bocchi_boi456bocchi_boi456 Member Posts: 6

None at all. One second I am playing the game and the next second I am staring at the dashboard. There's a brief delay almost as if I had hit the menu button, which is actually what I thought happened the very first time, but when I click back on the app it is completely shut down and has to boot up again, of course having kicked me from whatever match I was in.

That's really odd. I don't think it's your internet otherwise you'd get a disconnected error. That sounds like killer is just crashing... somehow.

Survivor definitely works, right?

I was able to play one survivor match from beginning to end. I don't normally play survivor because none of my friends play DBD anymore and I find solo-que boring. I did try it once to test this and I was able to play survivor.

• ChaoticblitzzChaoticblitzz Member Posts: 4

Same thing is happening to me when I play killer every match always crashes and its not my xbox or internet and whenever ever I play survivor the killer DC's but I'm sure it's because something is wrong with the servers idk what it is but it's so annoying

I agree, I literally can't play killer which is all I want to do so I am not even playing the game anymore. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

• Nibla02Nibla02 Member Posts: 137

Its the opposite for me. Killers works but survivor keeps on crashing

Unfortunately, I have no idea at all. The fact one side works but the other doesn't sounds like it's not installed properly... but you folks already tried uninstalling to fix it.

You could try this to clear the cache and see if that helps?

1. Press and hold the power button on the front of the Xbox until it turns off completely.
    2. Unplug the power brick from the back of the Xbox. Press and hold the power button on the Xbox several times to expel any remaining power and clear the cache.
    3. Plug in the power brick.
    4. Wait for the light on the power brick to change from white to orange.  
    5. Turn the Xbox back on as you would normally.

I will try, this may actually be a problem with my Xbox after all though. Another game started crashing the exact same way as DBD. It is an old console, I got it the Christmas the Xbox One came out, so he might just be on the way out. Thank you for your help.

If it's that old, it might just need a clean.

Which would be much cheaper than a new console :)