Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Idea for plague.

Ok, so plagues biggest problem besides getting a pip is the fact that survivors don't cleanse. I don't cleanse because even if I do, I'm likely to get infected again right away. What if the pools gave an immunity factor? Like for for 60 seconds, you're immune to all infection. The corrupt would still work, but vile wouldn't. What do you think?

Comments

• S_PandaS_Panda Member Posts: 539

I'd agree with this with some stipends - maybe 30 seconds tops, and doesn't prevent actual spit from infecting you as that's direct interaction with the killer. It may even make some survivors do a quick risky play by cleansing towards the inners of the map to unhook someone before the immunity goes away.

• tkwmmtkwmm Member Posts: 84

Could use some idea that OTZ suggested, force the survivor to cleanse it as after infect you are exhausted and reduce all interaction speed.

• DwinchesterDwinchester Member Posts: 961

They could rework her add-ons to reduce the immunity factor time. I would be ok with getting infected by her puke, but take longer with the immunity factor on.

I'm a plague main. This wouldn't be a nerf to her at all, it would be a buff, because it would give you access to your main power far more often.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,343
    edited February 2020

This wouldn't incentivise survivors to cleanse. Survivors don't avoid cleansing because they're scared it will be pointless and they'll be infected again right away, they avoid cleansing because they don't want to give the Plague CP, no matter what. They already know that if she gets CP she won't be able to infect them for the next 60 seconds, and they don't care, because they believe being hit by CP is way worse than being infected.

I understand the theory, but all this would do in practice is force the Plague to activate CP as soon as possible whenever survivors cleanse. She can't save it for a strategic moment because her Vile Purge is crippled in the meantime, so she has to use CP right away if she doesn't want to be at a tactical disadvantage. So it is a nerf, in practice if not in theory, because it does next to nothing to incentivise cleansing and boxes the Plague into a corner unnecessarily.

Fair point, but if they're cleansing, then there's no need to save it for later. then there's always what was mentioned above, have her puke still infect them, just not other survivors or objects.

If they still refuse to cleanse, nothing changes, it's still an Insta down.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,343

I'm not sure that's true. I've certainly found what appears to be strategic value in waiting for opportune moments to activate Corrupt Purge, rather than just doing it straight away as soon as anyone cleanses. But I'd defer to an experienced Plague player like @DudeDelicious on this, since I haven't played her a huge amount and could be wrong.

• RullisiRullisi Member Posts: 392

Would definitely make playing against her more fair and less confusing perhaps. I'm Plague main myself and it would probably be a good change for her.