Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Survivor sided game. Prove me wrong. I'll respond

Comments

• NullEXENullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
  • WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I explained why I wouldn't. Jic someone was wondering.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I 4k almost every game right now. I can barely ever escape if I play solo survivor. The stats we have reflects this as does the experience of many.

Red ranks are completely watered down due to new rank reset. I had a Spirit daily. Haven’t played her since the demo update when all the bugs started so I was rusty and barely used her power effectively. Went against a 3 man swf. They had between 150 - 300 hours playtime each. To anyone new that might sound like a lot but red ranks previously used to be at least 1,500 hours per survivor. Bare minimum 800 hours. Those games were super sweaty.

Needless to say it was a cakewalk. 2 gens done and 4k.

This is everygame now. This is why its so hard to win as survivor but so easy to win as killer.

My point is that whatever people think about balance it’s moot now. Killers are dominating. Its very unlikely you would get 4 great survivors in a game.

Previously yeah red rank games could be incredibly difficult but I think until the new matchmaking is in place it makes it impossible to talk about balance. You can’t really justify making any changes at the moment.

• AcculllaAccullla Member Posts: 984

Fair enough. By RNG I didn't necessarily mean totem spawns or map sizes. One example where RNG can favour survivors or killers is tile and pallet spawns.

• Certain maps sometimes spawn specific tiles right next to each other where a survivor can loop the killer almost indefinitely without even having to drop a single pallet. E.g. long wall jungle gym connected to cow tree connected to TL walls with a filler pallet in between.
    • Certain maps also are able to spawn complete dead zones with gens in them where if a killer goes after a survivor they are getting a hit before said survivor gets to a pallet no matter what

There are many other examples (survivor/killer spawn locations, perk loadouts, latency, bugs, pig's traps and so on), but I don't want to make this post too long, so I'll leave it at this. If you do want more examples where RNG favours killers specifically, I'll oblige.

• OrangeJackOrangeJack Member Posts: 464

Even ignoring balance. Playing as some killers simply isn't fun.

I wouldn't mind survivors getting buffed in exchange for longer games. The most exciting part of this game for me are the chases not doggedly micromanaging gens. I'd like to commit to some chases without half the game being finished already.

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Killers have Power, survivor not. Killer sided game.

• ermsyermsy Member Posts: 581

You probably 4k everygame due to survivors with an inflated rank. 90% of my games as killer is the same, at least 2 potatoes in the team which results in an easy 3k/4k.

It's very easy to rank up as survivor, even solo survivor due to a lack of high rank killers. I'm not that good at survivor and I'm doing alot better than I should because of this.

You are right about matchmaking breaking the game, the devs should never have changed it from average rank to highest rank. And discussing which role is harder is difficult because of it.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Sorry this reply is sort of useless but don't take the bait. They're pretty well-known for starting things and causing people to get angry so I wouldn't keep falling for their comments lmao.

• emptyCupsemptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

To get a 4k without 12 hooks means tunnel, camp, slugg.

Slugg the game discourages and looses lots of points, camping and tunnel the dev's actively make perks to counteract and reduce emblems because of it. To say 12 hooks isnt how the game should go is to tell every person in the forums that tunneling and camping is how killers are supposed to play.

And I dont disagree... but good luck trying to get people on board with being tunneled

I'm not mad, so far noone has really argued with my OP and just added to it with different things I didnt consider. Certain people argue me on every post in the forum but I'd like to think they just have a different perspective they haven't convinced me of yet.

It's a frustrating game... most people are here to vent in between long matchmaking

EDIT I'll put it to you this way... I don't see survivors complaining about anything other then being camped or noed, but u see 3000hour killer mains talk about quitting daily

Do you disagree with any of my points ?

It's not an echo chamber I'm borderline begging for someone to tell me what they think differently

• suksAtGamesuksAtGame Member Posts: 8

I am a survivor main and even I know that survivors either need nerfed or killers need buffed ik there is data (even if it is false/not credible) because I play in the red ranks and I can see how the math of the game is not on the killers side if you get four people who know what they are doing the killer has no chance I’m not saying I’m that much better then the killer two where he gets three hooks and the survivors win (especially swf groups because it takes out a lot of unknowns for the survivors with coms) ((this is my opinion))

• tkwmmtkwmm Member Posts: 84

I would say this game is SWF survivor sided.

SWF with at least 2 decent survivor can guarantee at least 3 escape.

• BrendanLeeTBrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272

Do you agree that the Nurse is the weakest killer in the game because going by statistics she is.

If you don't agree with me then why? You're going by statistics and sticking with them and you don't believe the Nurse is the weakest killer then you are just picking and choosing statistics to try and backup your point.

I'm generally curious because no one ever replies to me when they throw the kill rates of killers out there to back up their point but the moment I ask if the nurse is the weakest kill because statistically is she they don't reply because if they disagree they are admitting the data isn't accurate and lets be honest no one will agree she is the weakest killer.

• Primalux135Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

Of course if we find newbies who run to the void instead of a pallet 🤷🏻‍♂️ They have to fix matchmaking to give an accurate number plus they should discard games were people suicide in first hook or second hook as thats not how devs want the game.

• PrettyFaceKatePrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,706

You can't be 'proven wrong' or right about something, unless you define that something first. What is your definition of survivor-sided? Is it based on the best players? On all the player-base? Take it from there, next time.

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Starting things?

All I do is provide a logical counter-argument to the theory that “OMG SURVIVORZ SO OP DEVS H8 KILLORZ AND CONSPIRE TO N3RF THEM EVRY UPDATE!!!”

If people get mad then that’s on them for not being able to accept another persons opinion. I don’t troll nor insult, some people just aren’t able to accept that maybe just maybe, the game is more balanced than they realize and that devs do not hate any side in particular. In fact they try to appease these people a lot but I don’t know why as most often remain ungrateful. Killers are stronger than they’ve ever been yet change Ruin and its the end of the world.

• Aura_babyyAura_babyy Member Posts: 583

So is your argument directed towards the red ranked portion of the game?

What about anything below?

After not touching killer for a while sure is nice to completely curb stomp my way back. That's my take though, I can't neccesarily agree with this. There's so many dependent factors that if one favors a side they pretty much win over the other.

• WeskerWesker Member Posts: 339

Stats and data are not reliable at all, remember of all salty trash survivors who DC becouse X is OP and needs THE CLOSE LOOK

The entire game is survivors sided.

The game gives extreme advantage to the survivor team over the killer side

The number of mistakes survivors can make are many and still win while killers mistakes are frighteningly low.

Hot opinion incoming. Rank doesnt really matter because it's mostly broken. Perks aren't balanced and the game is asymmetry... in 1 vs 4 the game is tremendously more difficult for the 1 for some reason even tho its supposed to be the power role people are supposed to overcome. Survivors have a gameplay advantage on every category and shouldn't

the game is survivors sided

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Point 1

You are not taking into consideration the many factors that affect gen speeds and chases, healing, doing totems and other actions also take time, not counting slowdown perks.

Point 2

This was made with balancing purposes, plus, honestly, it would feel weird having a survivor like camera with killer

Point 3 and 4

Again with this stupid argument, did you miss the whole point of an asymmetrical game? Do I really have to remind you that you are the power role and can kill survivors? Do you really expect each survivor to only have 1 perk?

Point 5

Uh... do you expect the skill checks to be Overcharge level of difficult? I don't see what point you are trying to bring up here.

Ah, yes, because the sounds when injured, healing, searching chests, doing totems, vaulting, failing skill checks don't exist and the multiple perks that let you see auras have yet to be implemented, lmao

Point 6

"Cant compete with"

If you cant compete with them it doesn't mean that nobody can compete them.

In conclusion:

Once again, playing victim, because that is the only thing many of the users of this forum have been capable of in the last weaks

Accept some ######### responsibility, if you are having poor games its not completely the fault of the devs for making a flawed game, its also yours for not taking the time to properly learn it.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSHCLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

It actually depends on what do you think is a win. For me,a win is killing at least two people. As a survivor, a win is to either die but help my teammate/teammates escape or survive. For some winning is getting a 4k and all survivors escaping.

That's why for me the game isn't survivor sided, it's whoever plays the best. If I play spirit against good survivors I'll lose. But if I am a god spirit I will win. It depends for me :3

In your point of view you're right, it is survivor sided. But it's survivor sided because of swf imo not the field of view, tr, red stain ect.

Point 1

Your correct, gens get done much much faster when you add other factors like toolboxes, perks and great skillchecks you might only spend 60 seconds on a gen giving the killer even less time for objectives.

Doing totems is pointless lmao unless you have old ruin to motivate them. But even then hexes are the weakest perks in the game none are meta accept the one you cant cleans till the end.

3 and 4

You cant claim killer is a power roll if its literally disadvantaged in every aspect

Yes skillchecks should be more difficult in every way otherwise pointless. All those sounds are only if the survivor isnt doing obj and perks for detection ? Mute if a survivor has a perk to counter and they have 12 to do so. Aura reading killer perks all have gameplay counters from survivor that dont require perks and not one just pops for free every killer aura read takes skill or cost time

Your conclusion is play more and learn more ? I got thousands of hours buckaroo I'm in the forums and I'm watching the streams and I've read the wiki from top to bottom. Conclusion killer roll is vastly more difficult then survivor and survivor roll has countless advantages.

• Happy2Heal4YouHappy2Heal4You Member Posts: 119

I think you are just nitpicking and biased. I win bye bye

So...survivors have a bigger base kit of actions. Better field of view, better resource gathering and retention, more perks and addons, teamwork advantages, less objectives, and vastly more time for errors and room for mistakes.

But I'm nitpicking?