Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

Live Q&A: Technical Stream

Comments

• Speshul_KittenSpeshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,668

Console sensitivity change when?

• Angelicus23Angelicus23 Member Posts: 1,764
    edited February 6

Why the hitboxes has a cylinder form instead of covering the body, head, arms and legs?

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,158

Why does performance seem to gradually decrease with certain updates for at least some of us?

• TKTKTKTK Member Posts: 935

Any progress on the various sound bugs that have been in the game for 2 and a half months?

• CLAUDETTEINABUSHCLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 1,538

Why does autoaim exist? Does it work like a "successful hit" mechanic or something?

• cricketscornercricketscorner Member Posts: 560

How are the servers performing, according to your data? Is there any current feedback or future plans regarding the servers that you're able to share with the community?

• Stitch7833Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

How does the auto aim work? and will you give the option to remove it? i ask this because the auto aim will mess up my swings instead of actually helping me, i feel it should be optional so i dont have to try and fight where it thinks i should swing to where i actually want to swing.

• luka2211luka2211 Member Posts: 1,387

Do you guys consider making vaults not lag you back anymore in any possible way?

• CarlosyluCarlosylu Member Posts: 2,834

How does pipping and BP work specificly in terms of gens being done? I mean, early game, how many were done, etc.

• TruffleTurtleTruffleTurtle Member Posts: 247

Why does the hitbox for the killer disappear when they vault, which allow for things such as the window tech to be used.

• JasonisanicefellaJasonisanicefella Member Posts: 229

Can we please reduce the speed of survivors turning on console? The sensitivity is too low and it may be unfair, especially on legion during frenzy. Thank you

• Every1poopsEvery1poops Member Posts: 63

How is the console optimization process coming along? Can we expect some major improvements in the near future?

• ParallaxParallax Member Posts: 202

Do you plan to rework OoO?

• FreudentraumaFreudentrauma Member Posts: 865

Are you still considering to add specific survivor hitboxes for projectiles? You've talked about it a while ago after reversing the Huntress' hatchet hitbox changes.

• ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 3,678
    edited February 6

will hatchets ever get better with hitboxes or will you always get hit by literally nothing?

• KliahKliah Member Posts: 29
    edited February 6

Apparently Spirit is bugged, are you guys going to fix it so that survivors cant hear her phase while in her terror radius. Makes it really difficult to play tricks.

Or, are there any plans to fix the Hag lag with dedicated servers?

• Andy111777Andy111777 Member Posts: 59

Will walking through the killer in an animation ever be changed into having a collision ( window tec)

• SnapshotSnapshot Member Posts: 868
    edited February 7

Technical question regarding Doctor's shock: So basically, when I shock a Survivor with Doctor's power, JUST before they vault, half of the time they STILL can vault.

I once heard (before dedicated servers existed) that the reason is apparently when they already pressed the button, the vault does override the shock. Is that correct?

Because if that is true, why is it, that the other half of the times the survivor is in the MIDDLE of the vaulting animation, the shock hits, and THEN they suddenly get pushed back, like vaulting in the same place as if there was a wall in front of them, and not getting the vault.

When I (the killer) see the survivor vaulting, the server already acknowledged that, or not? Else I would NOT see it? Am I understanding that correctly? And then suddenly, the shock hits and the already acknowledged vault from the SERVER gets aborted/overridden? This ENTIRELY counters the first argument...

So how is it really?

Post edited by Snapshot on
  • NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 7,294

Since I love coding games, I'm curious on what some of your code looks like? It doesn't have to be a lot, just a small, harmless portion you wouldn't mind showing because I want to see what I'm getting myself into! 😁

• Hail_to_the_KingHail_to_the_King Member Posts: 153

Could you please explain why survivor grab animation almost always stops halfway through and the survivor runs away? It's very frustrating when playing as killer. I was told that it was dedicated servers latency but I have had the issue before dedicated servers. Playing on PS4 btw.

• ElenaElena Member Posts: 727

Who came up with the idea of the dedicated servers?

• hex_genrushhex_genrush Member Posts: 736

Will keyboard and mouse ever be implemented into console ?

• DemodoogunDemodoogun Member Posts: 1

On PS4, often when I play The Demogorgon, I will use the pounce attack and the animation will end as soon as I get to the survivor like it didn't reach them even though I was in range of securing the hit. Is this something to do with hitboxs or am I missing something with the pounce attack? Thanks for the feedback!

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 7,888

I could answer this for you. It's because on a controller you have analog input, and your inputs can be in any direction. On a keyboard, you have a digital input and can only move in 8 cardinal directions. It's easier with a controller because you just spin the stick, where on a keyboard it's more complicated.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 7,888
    edited February 6

Why do notifications on console cause such serious frame drops? Xbox players have come to hate Sloppy Butcher because your screen will freeze for a solid 2 seconds when you get hit, which means you end up running into a wall or sometimes directly back into the killer. It's quite unfair. Doc is a giant walking frame drop even after his rework. PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS!

• WeckWeck Member Posts: 3,352

I know it's not an actual autoaim. It just "makes the hit look better". But can we please have a button to turn it off?

• Kalec84Kalec84 Member Posts: 416

What do you think about Scott junds idea of a "trial warm up"?

Will it be tecnically easy do make? Do you think it can be a solution to some of the problems of the game?

• AWildLukeAWildLuke Member Posts: 17

Can you please explain how pallet/window hits work? Like, the timing and distance of the lunge, the conditions (medium and slow vaults, injured survivors) required to connect a hit and etc. Some hits are suppose to hit (there's even an achievement for it), but it's hard to understand how, so I think having a demonstration would be a good idea!

• StardustSpeedwayStardustSpeedway Member Posts: 571

On PS4, why are there frame rate drops whenever you enter bloodlust?

• VampiroxVampirox Member Posts: 235

I just wanna have some fun with Totems but on older maps they are just in sucky spots hide the totem better!!

This discussion has been closed.