Home Discussions General Discussions

Can we fix the lunge on killers please

2»

Comments

• deolliedeollie Member Posts: 168

Well if that's intended, I'm gonna start playing doctor.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 6,567
    edited February 9

Loops are currently in survivor favor by quite a large margin. If anything they need to be nerfed, many do.

I think the issue is just that with practice you'll be able to gauge their lunge distances better to know what pallets or windows you can and can't make.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 3,063

If you actually play safe around MOST loops, you shouldn't ever be hit. Judging from what you are saying, you are around a 500 hour player. Skilled, but not outstanding. I'm in the same boat.

Fixing loops takes time, the goal is to make them all like Hawkins or similar to Hawkins.

Sadly, I already know when I'm gonna get hit when I shouldn't which still convinces me that lunge is too large. I'm just glad loops are in the survivors favor because killers have a big advantage already with their perks. Not complaining about killers.. Just saying their perks help them out a ton.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 6,567

Survivor perks are much stronger than killer ones.

I'm not having any issues on survivor of lunges being too long. The only lunge problems right now are related to ping on dedicated servers through pallets and windows.

Sadly I probably have more than 500 hours, I just switched platforms recently and I quit for awhile 💀 and playing it safe usually gets me killed 😎 this game is about being quick and smart.

• PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 3,063

To a degree, I agree. You need to be able to adapt and adjust quickly. You also need to know when to play it safe.

• luka2211luka2211 Member Posts: 1,387
    edited February 9

You could say it from both sides. Alot of hits killers should get don't happen in certain situations just cause of autoaim or other reasons(not just hits but bs pallet stuns/really late head ons/etc that worked cause of the dedi servers). Like @LordGlint taught me alot of arguments have a two way street. Edit: I know head ons don't have to do with that,but i said it regardless,i hate when i already start the grab animation and someone head ons me. I just said it cause it's connected to the servers which is the reason lunges might feel weird. I also forgot to add,sometimes you try to dodge a pallet stun,and are really far away and it still stuns you cause of the servers. Same with pallet saves,they can happen when a survivor is really far from under a pallet.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,291

Good survivors know the limits of the killer's power and how to work around that. Good loopers know when to drop the pallet so that they don't get hit, and they know when the killer is too close for them to successfully vault a window. Yes, killers could use perks to make up the difference if their lunge were nerfed. Equally, survivors like yourself can use perks that improve vault speed or give a second chance in chases to compensate for any difficulties they might be having dealing with the lunge as it is now.

I know it sounds harsh to put it this way, but what you're saying does essentially boil down to "killers should be nerfed because I can't loop them well enough". Just because you don't have the skill to outplay something doesn't mean it's a broken mechanic. The answer is to work on improving your skills, not insist that the mechanic be nerfed.

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 2,224

This thread is basically, "Help, I am new and can't loop the killer at a pallet which is already in my favour. Please nerfs killers, so I don't need to learn."

• KurosujiKurosuji Member Posts: 27

Killer lunges are alright. The thing that you should be more annoyed with is the connection. Like you said about the pallets, if a killer hits you after you lay the pallet down, that's complete bs that shouldn't have been able to hit.

Don't have the skill to outplay something? I can loop killers easily and get away just as easy. I'm saying they can get a hit that is definitely not deserved because of the long lunge. Not saying I'm going down because of it, just saying they are getting hits that they really should not have gotten.

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 1,193

Making the lunge shorter would be awful for killers. I'm guessing you're new and/or a survivor main so I'd let you off about not knowing exactly what that change would do but it would make killer feel really bad to play. Wraith and Spirit had bugged lunges recently and they both felt terrible to play and now they're fine. It's there to close distance and to punish survivors who are greedy with pallets and windows. It comes with practice and playing the game but you'll eventually know exactly when the killer can hit you. Just throw pallets earlier, they're on the map for a reason.

• fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,291

Billy's chainsaw through a window vault if complete bs. The animation and physics of it are just lazy.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 9,824

The lunge is fine, you can get hit when stunning the killer and when the survivor looks like the vault animation is done. If you are asking for the lunge distance to be shorter then killers will be in pain at loops more than they already are.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,291

So basically, even though you, and therefore probably most good survivors, can loop killers and escape them "easily" (meaning that the killers who you're facing can only catch you with enormous difficultly), killers should be nerfed even further to the point where it's practically impossible for them to catch those good survivors, and the reason for that is because visual consistency is more important than mechanical balance?

• 28_stabs28_stabs Member Posts: 1,169

Thats ok. Devs even added an achievement to hit "x" survivors behind pallets.. xD Close the topic.

• Leachy_JrLeachy_Jr Member Posts: 400

If they make the lunge shorter then the loops will be longer. NGL you sound like you got greedy at a loop and got punished for it. Try throwing pallets earlier or dead hard.

• Ev13698324Ev13698324 Member Posts: 50

Well, thats a pretty random and off topic comment. Perks do nothing in loops majority of the time, excluding spirit fury. The rest (bamboozle, enduring etc) do almost nothing during loops. People beat loops through actual skill or use of their killer power, typically through mindgames, prediction, tricking their opponent etc. What you're complaining about is killers using their skill and their abilities to beat you in the first place. The lunge being on of them. I still don't understand your logic "its annoyed to get down by someone not as good as you", so is your logic that you should never get downed if you are better than the person you're versing? Because that is extremely flawed if so.

The lunge is only 0.3 seconds long anyway, making it any shorter is going to significantly nerf their ability during loops. Anyone who has played and significant amount of killer would know this.

As for the whole "nerfing a killers lunge won't ruin killer" thing. It certainly would. If you don't believe me, go into a red rank game and try playing without ever using your full lunge. Cancel it halfway or don't use it at all. Do that, and tell me how well you do after a few games.

As I already said. Shortening it WILL make loops extremely safe. Test it for yourself if you don't believe me. Effort isn't going to make up for the shortened lunge either lmao

So now this isn't even about shortening the lunge, this is about removing it completely. And no, looping wouldn't stay the same. The lunge is realistic in the first place. Putting on a burst of speed to reach something happens in real life too you know.

Literally anyone can do that though. Its not even about the lunge, its about gageing the killers speed and the distance before he can hit you. The exact same thing would happen if you shortened the killers lunge. There would still be times where you knew you'd get hit or not reach a safe loop in time.

Exactly. Its less of a problem with the killers lunge but with dedicated servers. These have helped the game in areas, but have also caused gameplay issues for both sides.

• CrassardStreamsCrassardStreams Member Posts: 179

Getting hit because you had bad timing in a pallet is intended, it doesn't stun them until it hits them so if they come from the side it's not leaning on they can buy themselves a split second longer before the stun. A well timed pallet leaves no answer for the killer, outside of some severe connection issues.

A hit they don't deserve? If you're talking about dedicated server hits I 100% agree with you. But otherwise, being able to lunge through an undropped pallet and hit a survivor isn't "undeserved" or hitting a survivor midvault.

• PfoxandtheHoundPfoxandtheHound Member Posts: 49

Most killers are like 6ft+ closer to 7ft with tree branches for arms and 2ft+ long weapons. Getting hit from 5ft away isn't unrealistic. If it makes you feel better I agree we should throw away the lunges and bloodlust in favor of killers having the ability to sprint like survivors.